WOSgrad

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1170722" timestamp="1328213397"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=95071.msg1170711#msg1170711 date=1328213002]
I'm guessing the Beaumont Bowl is still on also?
[/quote]I assume it is still on. 
[/quote]

Well, I know that 2/3 of it is on, West Brook is part of Central's non-district schedule and Central and Ozen will get it on in district.  I just haven't gotten any confirmation on Central/West Brook

Think I've already said this but it bears repeating: District 10 1A- Div. 1 is gonna be a meatgrinder! Won't be any winners, just survivors. Very few easy games in this district, if any. I pick (in no particular order) West Sabine, Alto, and San Augustine getting in out of this district. Both SA and WS have two of the top returning QB's in the state at the 1 A level in Lacey(WS), & Tanner(SA) and Alto is a 1A powerhouse year in year out. Should be interesting come August...........

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1170989" timestamp="1328234463"]
Think I've already said this but it bears repeating: District 10 1A- Div. 1 is gonna be a meatgrinder! Won't be any winners, just survivors. Very few easy games in this district, if any. I pick (in no particular order) West Sabine, Alto, and San Augustine getting in out of this district. Both SA and WS have two of the top returning QB's in the state at the 1 A level in Lacey(WS), & Tanner(SA) and Alto is a 1A powerhouse year in year out. Should be interesting come August...........
[/quote]

I wouldnt say I am surprised by the make up of this district.  SA is going to be tough.  Alto should be tough.  On the fence about WS, but if they get lacey some help they will be ok.  Poor shelbyville, grapeland and cushing.... I bet they went to crying this morning when they heard the news.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1170529" timestamp="1328207960"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=95071.msg1170513#msg1170513 date=1328207074]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95071.msg1170505#msg1170505 date=1328206828]
I was just going to post that, PhatMack19.  Thanks.
[/quote]

Most of them were close to the same as last realignment.  Central was the only big change and they were up over 200 students.  Maybe they can compete on the field now with all of them extra kids.  ;D
[/quote]We always can compete, the the problem last year wasn't talent, it was ....  ;D
[/quote]
Broken record.  ;)

lol jk soulja.

So?? And I hate when these numbers come out and there is a fan base who talks like this. Want to know why Buna sucks? Cause there's no expectations of winning. Instead you will cry about a hard district. Get your team to man up and win some district games. And quit with the won't make it for long time". It's two years, there have been many two year playoff droughts in bunas storied football history.

Buna fans are simply responding to the numbers.  And if you know anything about high school sports you understand this.  Buna has an enrollment of 478  and Silsbee (822.5)  BC (773) and WO-S (686) have many more athletes to choose from simply because they out number Buna.  Playing a game where you can sub in and out fresh players on a more regular basis always gives you an advantage and it is a big advantage.  When you figure in injuries and wornout players who are playing both sides of the ball because you want your best athletes on the field at all times, it does make it very hard to compete.  I do think that Buna will do better than most think simply because their kids have a ton of heart and pride for their programs and they have a great coaching staff. Buna does have expectations of winning, if you know hs sports in this area you know that.  Saying "manup and win some ball games"  there is a ton more to it than that.  And that statement shows your high lack of knowledge on hs sports.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder