*#1 SILSBEE @ ORANGEFIELD Broadcast*/SILSBEE WINS 79-54!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="lhsof23" post="1165511" timestamp="1327461996"]
Hey it was 77-54. And Tigers kept starters in throughout the entire game.
[/quote]
I didn't see the game, but, that can't be true.  Silsbee pretty well has at least an 8 man or 9 man rotation.  The starters certainly did not play the entire game.  If you mean that the starters were still starting the 4th quarter then I'll accept your sour grapes.  But what is your point?  Maybe Coach Sigler wanted to work on something specific with the starters.  You lost by 25.  If we would not have played the starters you would have lost by 10.  Button it up and quit crying.

[quote name="averagejoe" post="1165546" timestamp="1327463867"]
Silsbee has a lot of great athletes, and they are very good at every aspect of the game of basketball except that the have no class and can't control their mouths... They were only called for one technical foul tonight, when they should have been called for at least five.
[/quote]

Your talking about no class. Take a loss and go on.

These kids don't get the opportunity to get better.  Huge game Friday and what do the kids get to work on tomorrow, more offseason football, measure for verts etc.  Never get to practice during the period.  Now have to make up workouts so that they don't have to lift on game day.  This is a joke.  Imagine if you had 1 practice day for a football game.  Better yet, imagine trying to sell that to a new coach.  Your going to be in the toughest district in state, you are not allowed to be in the gym before season starts, not gonna be able to practice during the period during the season.  You are going to make sure that you do a football workout all year even though it does nothing to help any of our programs.  Why do other schools continue to get better, practice.  Just a joke!  Until that changes nothing else will!  Congrats Silsbee on the win.

Score by quarters

1          2            3            4            tot
Silsbee                  19        18          20          22            79
Orangefield              6        12          13          23            54

FT %

Silsbee            7/11  64%
Orangefield      14/19  74%

3 point %

Silsbee            8/24    33%
Orangefield      6/22    27%

rebounds

Silsbee            41
Orangefield      36

turnovers

Silsbee            19
Orangefield      30

Individual scoring

Silsbee

Jordan Holmes              22 (4/9 3 pointers)
Kelton Gaines                20 (18 in 2nd half)
Chris Elam                    20 (9 rebounds)
Patrick Reed                12 (10 rebounds, 3 blocks)
Yancy Brydson              3
Donti Wilson                  2

Orangefield

Mason Ousley                  16 (11 rebounds)
Ty Johnson                    14 (9 rebounds)
Steele Bolton                  10 (3/9 3 pointers)
Tanner Holland                  4
Levi Shores                      3
Cody Angelle                    3
Eric Truncale                    2
Sterling Deslatte                2

Silsbee  (18-6, 4-0)
Orangefield (15-13, 1-3)

I guess the reserves didn't get as much time as they thought considering that only six players scored for Silsbee.  I thought the Bobcats fought hard and never quit.  Silsbee is very quick and athletic and shot the ball better from 3 land than they had been.  Good luck to them in the playoffs.

[quote name="bballgod" post="1165660" timestamp="1327494573"]
I guess the reserves didn't get as much time as they thought considering that only six players scored for Silsbee.  I thought the Bobcats fought hard and never quit.  Silsbee is very quick and athletic and shot the ball better from 3 land than they had been.  Good luck to them in the playoffs.
[/quote]And really, thats all that matter for OF is that they [color=orange][size=14pt]tried[/size][/color] and fought hard. Win or lose

I guess you are right.  They could have quit and got beat by 60, but they didn't.  Not everyone is in the best situation and as gifted athletically and basketball wise.  How does a kid respond in a tough situation says a lot about them.  Don't belittle them for trying til the end even though they were losing.

[quote name="bballgod" post="1165714" timestamp="1327501594"]
I guess you are right.  They could have quit and got beat by 60, but they didn't.  Not everyone is in the best situation and as gifted athletically and basketball wise.  How does a kid respond in a tough situation says a lot about them.  Don't belittle them for trying til the end even though they were losing.
[/quote] Yep, its okay you lose to a better team but don't give up for that simple reason. OF, it comes in cycles, your day is coming to rule.

[quote name="bballgod" post="1165714" timestamp="1327501594"]
[/quote]I was impressed with the Orangefield players as well when they played against HJ last week.  The kids showed a lot of heart and they never let the little things keep them from focusing on the game. 

There were a few calls during the game that I would classify under "home-cooking" and the players didn't lose their temper. This can happen all too easily when you are down 40 points and you think that the referees are still against you.

Thank you for that.  As a parent, that is what is important.  Lets face it, not many players from anywhere go to play college ball, so they have to get more than just basketball or whatever sport out of athletics.  They have to learn how to battle through adversity because there will always be tough times in life and you can't give up.  It is hard for a kid to understand that, but it is so important.

Silsbee is good, but they are not that good. They are defiantly not #1 in state. The players have hot heads and should've been givin technicals all night. And there coach didn't ever correct his players which will come back to haunt them in the playoffs. OF could've won that game tonight. Watch for a closer game the next game.

[quote name="averagejoe" post="1165546" timestamp="1327463867"]
Silsbee has a lot of great athletes, and they are very good at every aspect of the game of basketball except that the have no class and can't control their mouths... They were only called for one technical foul tonight, when they should have been called for at least five.
[/quote]

I hope the coaching staff reads this and beats you by 90 next game!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12