butch retiring?

[quote name="vhs" post="1163421" timestamp="1327096965"]
Let the healing begin  :D
[/quote]

I don't know that there is a lot of healing that needs to begin.  Yes, there has been much divisiveness in the district, but I don't know that can be left completely at Dr. Thomas' feet. There is a school board that had its role in creating quite a bit of that as well.

And I know that Dr. Thomas' tenure will be scarred by a number of controversies (Calvin Walker, transportation department issues, hotelgate, etc).  But as he retires, I don't know that you can say that the Beaumont ISD is in dire shape.  Academically, the district has reached the status as high as exemplary and in fact this past school did enough to do that but for the unacceptable status of a single middle school.  Financially, despite the numerous scandels in which BISD was apparently overcharged, BISD budgetary wise is still in a lot better shape than many of its neighboring school districts.

And finally, in the area of athletics while some of the hoped for goals have not been reached, the athletic department is anything but a disaster.  The teams regularly reach the playoffs and in some cases have progressed far.  It has ushered in a new stadium that is in demand for use not only for BISD district games, but playoff games as well and, in fact, was a coin flip away from being host to a regional final game this past season.  Further, that stadium is used by a neighboring district as part of its season opening soccer tournament. 

In a time where some districts have been the target of TEA receiverships, layoffs, unacceptable status and being unable to guide through bond issues to upgrade facilities, there are some of us that are quite envious of the state BISD is in now.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1163975" timestamp="1327167895"]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=94550.msg1163421#msg date=1327096965]
[/quote]

I don't know that there is a lot of healing that needs to begin.  Yes, there has been much divisiveness in the district, but I don't know that can be left completely at Dr. Thomas' feet, there is a school board that had its role in creating quite a bit of that as well.

And I know that Dr. Thomas' tenure will be scarred by a number of controversies (Calvin Walker, transportation department issues, hotelgate, etc).  But as he retires, I don't know that you can say that the Beaumont ISD is in dire shape.  Academically, the district has reached the status as high as exemplary and in fact this past school did enough to do that but for the unacceptable status of a single middle school.  Financially, despite the numerous scandels in which BISD was apparently overcharged, BISD budgetary wise is still in a lot better shape than many of its neighboring school districts.

And finally, in the area of athletics while some of the hoped for goals have not been reached, the athletic department is anything but a disaster.  The teams regularly reach the playoffs and in some cases have progressed far.  It has ushered in a new stadium that is in demand for use not only for BISD district games, but playoff games as well and, in fact, was a coin flip away from being host to a regional final game this past season.  Further, that stadium is used by a neighboring district as part of its season opening soccer tournament. 

In a time where some districts have been the target of TEA receiverships, layoffs, unacceptable status and being unable to guide through bond issues to upgrade facilities, there are some of us that are quite envious of the state BISD is in now.
[/quote]Tell 'em again, Grad!  ;)

[quote author=vhs link=topic=94550.msg1163421#msg1163421 date=1327096965]
[/quote]

I don't know that there is a lot of healing that needs to begin.  Yes, there has been much divisiveness in the district, but I don't know that can be left completely at Dr. Thomas' feet, there is a school board that had its role in creating quite a bit of that as well.

[/quote]

+100

[/quote]

I don't know that there is a lot of healing that needs to begin.  Yes, there has been much divisiveness in the district, but I don't know that can be left completely at Dr. Thomas' feet. There is a school board that had its role in creating quite a bit of that as well.

[/quote]
What a great post! And no one from Vidor has room to say anything about BISD with the shape their district is in.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1164190" timestamp="1327249696"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=94550.msg1163975#msg1163975 date=1327167895]
[/quote]

[/quote]
What a great post! And no one from Vidor has room to say anything about BISD with the shape their district is in.
[/quote]
Well there budget should be in even better shape now that they got rid of his salary  ;)

And please tell me what kind of shape Vidor is in Yeoj.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="vp32" post="1164207" timestamp="1327255793"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=94550.msg1164190#msg1164190 date=1327249696]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Well there budget should be in even better shape now that they got rid of his salary  ;)

[/quote]
Forced retirements, lay offs, unrenewed contracts, and TEA coming in to reorganize Vidor's budget so they could actually operate financially. Maybe VISD should have asked Dr. Thomas to donate his raise to their budget. Lmbo  :D  What is that saying about people who live in glass houses that throw stones?

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1164683" timestamp="1327344922"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=94550.msg1164207#msg1164207 date=1327255793]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Forced retirements, lay offs, unrenewed contracts, and TEA coming in to reorganize Vidor's budget so they could actually operate financially. Maybe VISD should have asked Dr. Thomas to donate his raise to their budget. Lmbo  :D  What is that saying about people who live in glass houses that throw stones?
[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but's my understanding that Vidor requested the services of TASB consultants as a proactive effort. That's different than TEA "coming in".

[quote name="mat" post="1164703" timestamp="1327347159"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=94550.msg1164683#msg1164683 date=1327344922]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but's my understanding that Vidor requested the services of TASB consultants as a proactive effort. That's different than TEA "coming in".
[/quote]
It's not worth arguing over mat. He's just an old man with a grudge against Vidor. He won't listen to reason.

[quote name="vp32" post="1164725" timestamp="1327349470"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=94550.msg1164703#msg1164703 date=1327347159]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=94550.msg1164683#msg1164683 date=1327344922]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
It's not worth arguing over mat. He's just an old man with a grudge against Vidor. He won't listen to reason.
[/quote]
How about let's all calm down and leave this alone. First, from someone in the know, the Vidor ISD is in excellent shape and we shouldn't be in this argument. Second, I have to agree with SoulJa and the others about BISD. Their schools are doing well with the exception of some of the business dealings. This is only a poor reflection of the administration and not on the rest of the school district. Let's limit our talk to football please and leave politics for another board.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw