Crosby hires new coach, Jeff Riordan!!

scnorman

[quote name="Coach4life" post="1163419" timestamp="1327095776"]
What all does Crosby have coming back?  I know Coach Riordan will get the most out of the Cougars and [b]He will also be a great asset to the community there. I heard him speak at a clinic and He is very intelligent and passionate. Good Luck Coach Riordan. Crosby got a great one.[/b]
[/quote]

Just by hearing him at a clinic you can say he is very intelligent and passionate and will be a great asset to the community? Just what clinic was this?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Coach4life
You are correct Aggie. It was the DFW clinic on their screen game. He and his staff spent an extra hour after with us. But clearly not enough time to judge those things. Anyways...how well are the lower levels in Crosby.

[quote name="Coach4life" post="1164445" timestamp="1327291379"]
You are correct Aggie. It was the DFW clinic on their screen game. He and his staff spent an extra hour after with [b]us[/b]. But clearly not enough time to judge those things. Anyways...how well are the lower levels in Crosby.
[/quote]

Just curious, who is "us"?

BTW, not sure how the lower levels are in Crosby but I did get to see the varsity first hand last season as I broadcast their playoff game against Vidor. Varsity had great size and speed (Crosby's receiving corp was unbelievably big and athletic, all of them '6"3 or bigger) but just couldn't understand why they chose to line up in a 3-3-5 defense against Vidor's slot T offense. Vidor just ran through them with no problems, particularly the right side. The more talented team (Crosby) definitely got beat by the harder working team (Vidor).

[quote name="Coach4life" post="1164445" timestamp="1327291379"]
You are correct Aggie. It was the DFW clinic on their screen game. He and his staff spent an extra hour after with us. But clearly not enough time to judge those things. Anyways...how well are the lower levels in Crosby.
[/quote]

Not really sure about the Freshmen class. Watched a few games after the half & show some talent. The JV level had lots of talent finished 5-1 in district. North Forest game cancelled. Lost to Dayton 7-0. Remember alot of the kids that started on JV played with the Walter twins their Freshmen year. I'm sure a few more would have been on Varsity if not for the Seniors who get to dress out for Varsity. Should be a talented group next year.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1164503" timestamp="1327332216"]
Dayton beat crosby freshman 50-6 the jv game was competitive
[/quote]

I wouldn't put to much stock in that score.If I recall doesn't Dayton only field one Freshman team while Crosby has 2? I know that is the case at BH. Just saying that 2 teams waters down the competition.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="BHFAN" post="1164591" timestamp="1327339807"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=94086.msg1164503#msg1164503 date=1327332216]
Dayton beat crosby freshman 50-6 the jv game was competitive
[/quote]

I wouldn't put to much stock in that score.If I recall doesn't Dayton only field one Freshman team while Crosby has 2? I know that is the case at BH. Just saying that 2 teams waters down the competition.
[/quote]

Huh? That would still be Crosby's best 9th grade team vs Dayton's best 9th grade team.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1164448" timestamp="1327292249"]
[quote author=Coach4life link=topic=94086.msg1164445#msg1164445 date=1327291379]
You are correct Aggie. It was the DFW clinic on their screen game. He and his staff spent an extra hour after with [b]us[/b]. But clearly not enough time to judge those things. Anyways...how well are the lower levels in Crosby.
[/quote]

BTW, not sure how the lower levels are in Crosby but I did get to see the varsity first hand last season as I broadcast their playoff game against Vidor. Varsity had great size and speed (Crosby's receiving corp was unbelievably big and athletic, all of them '6"3 or bigger) but just couldn't understand why they chose to line up in a 3-3-5 defense against Vidor's slot T offense. Vidor just ran through them with no problems, particularly the right side. The more talented team (Crosby) definitely got beat by the harder working team (Vidor).
[/quote]
Yeah they were really good AAW.  ::)

Just a few stats from the game
Aston - qb - 9-20 for 137 yards

the most yards they got was from rushing. They had one receiver that was 6'2 and that was all intimidation seeing as how he had 1 catch for 8 yards and he was being guarded by a 5'7 junior.

The leading receiver was 6'0 and he had the bulk of the receiving yards with 79.

But i wouldn't call them the more talented team. IMO a real "talented" receiving core was Montgomery's.

And i don't see them as the most talented team. They just simply got out coached and out played. IMO the most talented person out on crosby was the two twins and that was all they had. And they weren't as talented as Quirante and Clark.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1164640" timestamp="1327343268"]
Dayton also beat bh freshman 36 -6. It was 36-0 at halftime and dayton quit playing their starters. Bhfan your logic makes no sense.
[/quote]

My logic means if Crosby and BH used all of their best players from each team to combine into one the team they would be better in my Opinion. For one it would make the team deaper in positions.  There are good players on B teams. I'm just saying that Dayton is not playing against a whole team of kids that could make a difference. I think you have felt that by now :) The Crosby team that shut out Dayton a couple of years back got destroyed by Dayton thier freshman year. I bet the BH team that beat you this year lost to Dayton as freshman as well.

Bh had both their teams at the dayton game you must have not been there. Daytons fresh team this year is the best I have seen since 05. Say what you want bh will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. Also crosby is like 1-12 against dayton in the last 13 years so whats your point.  One more thing bh goob the crosby 09 team that beat dayton didnt play us as freshman we were in different districts in 06. But we did wax them in the first round of the playoffs 35-0

[quote name="vp32" post="1164666" timestamp="1327344437"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94086.msg1164448#msg1164448 date=1327292249]
[quote author=Coach4life link=topic=94086.msg1164445#msg1164445 date=1327291379]
[/quote]

[/quote]

the most yards they got was from rushing. They had one receiver that was 6'2 and that was all intimidation seeing as how he had 1 catch for 8 yards and he was being guarded by a 5'7 junior.

The leading receiver was 6'0 and he had the bulk of the receiving yards with 79.

But i wouldn't call them the more talented team. IMO a real "talented" receiving core was Montgomery's.

And i don't see them as the most talented team. They just simply got out coached and out played. IMO the most talented person out on crosby was the two twins and that was all they had. [b]And they weren't as talented as Quirante and Clark[/b]
[/quote]

Really?  You're really going to go there?

[quote name="aaronjm75" post="1164799" timestamp="1327356929"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=94086.msg1164666#msg1164666 date=1327344437]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94086.msg1164448#msg1164448 date=1327292249]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And i don't see them as the most talented team. They just simply got out coached and out played. IMO the most talented person out on crosby was the two twins and that was all they had. [b]And they weren't as talented as Quirante and Clark[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes i'm really going to go there. Did either one of the Walter twins get state honorable mention like Quirante did? Or make every single all star team like Clark did?

[quote name="vp32" post="1164849" timestamp="1327365538"]
[quote author=aaronjm75 link=topic=94086.msg1164799#msg1164799 date=1327356929]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes i'm really going to go there. Did either one of the Walter twins get state honorable mention like Quirante did? Or make every single all star team like Clark did?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they will make alot of ALLSTAR teams when they become Seniors. Did pretty well as Sophomores.

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="1164931" timestamp="1327407337"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=94086.msg1164849#msg1164849 date=1327365538]
[quote author=aaronjm75 link=topic=94086.msg1164799#msg1164799 date=1327356929]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they will make alot of ALLSTAR teams when they become Seniors. Did pretty well as Sophomores.
[/quote]
You can say that now but they didn't do it this year. And Quirante is a junior.  8)

Oh and did i mention he started on defense and it was his first year playing QB and yet he still had 367 yards passing and 1033 yards rushing.

alright vp, I'll play your game you rogue ;-)

If we're going to throw out stats, then let's accurately compare apples to apples.

[b]Qb to Qb[/b]
Aston Walter - Soph - regular season stats
105/158, 1451 yards, 14 TD, 5 INT
136 rush att, 852 yards, 8 TD
2303 yards total offense and 22 total TDs

Quirante - junior
367 yards passing and 1033 yards rushing
1400 yards total offense, excuse my not knowing or caring to look up how many TDs he had

one of these things is not like the other.  And dont feed me the line, "Vidor runs the slot-T and never passes" because Crosby ran the spread and our Qb still had nearly as many rushing yards as your slot-T QB. 

[quote name="aaronjm75" post="1164939" timestamp="1327409981"]
alright vp, I'll play your game you rogue ;-)

If we're going to throw out stats, then let's accurately compare apples to apples.

[b]Qb to Qb[/b]
Aston Walter - Soph - regular season stats
105/158, 1451 yards, 14 TD, 5 INT
136 rush att, 852 yards, 8 TD
2303 yards total offense and 22 total TDs

Quirante - junior
367 yards passing and 1033 yards rushing
1400 yards total offense, excuse my not knowing or caring to look up how many TDs he had

one of these things is not like the other.  And dont feed me the line, "Vidor runs the slot-T and never passes" because Crosby ran the spread and our Qb still had nearly as many rushing yards as your slot-T QB.
[/quote]
You can compare stats all you want to man. I got 3 words for you.
All-state Honorable Mention.

Nuff said.

Oh and another stat you forgot to mention

42-20

8)

Crosby was the more talented team, Vidor was the better team, better coached.

Anyone could clearly see that.

All state lists doesn't really define the player talent wise. I am willing to bet that the Crosby team that played Vidor will end up having more players get football scholarships than what Vidor will have. That's what I mean by more talented.

AggiesAreWe, really you broadcast high school football and you spout like some jackleg off the street. crosby held vidor 0 completions which had been big plays for them last four opponents. only two plays over 10 or 15 yards. both of which were huge in thier montgomery win. and one of their lowest offensive yardage nights in last 8 games. c'mon man get a clue. special teams and turnovers were devastating in that game.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1164779" timestamp="1327355137"]
Bh had both their teams at the dayton game you must have not been there. Daytons fresh team this year is the best I have seen since 05. Say what you want bh will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. Also crosby is like 1-12 against dayton in the last 13 years so whats your point.  One more thing bh goob the crosby 09 team that beat dayton didnt play us as freshman we were in different districts in 06. But we did wax them in the first round of the playoffs 35-0
[/quote]

Goob?? Really ;D Dayton will be 3rd in district for 2012.

[quote name="slappy" post="1165006" timestamp="1327419673"]
AggiesAreWe, really you broadcast high school football and you spout like some jackleg off the street.[b] crosby held vidor 0 completions [/b]which had been big plays for them last four opponents. only two plays over 10 or 15 yards. both of which were huge in thier montgomery win. and one of their lowest offensive yardage nights in last 8 games. c'mon man get a clue. special teams and turnovers were devastating in that game.
[/quote]

"Crosby [b]held[/b] Vidor to 0 completions". That's pretty funny statement considering Vidor only attempted 2 passes the whole game!!!

Vidor pounded Crosby for over 300 yards rushing.

Like I said, Crosby was the more talented team, but Vidor was better coached and the better team. 42-20 pretty much speaks for itself.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1165009" timestamp="1327420212"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=94086.msg1164779#msg1164779 date=1327355137]
[/quote]

[/quote]yeah just like dayton freshman beat crosby freshman in 06. You shouldnt make statements like that when you dont have a clue

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1165024" timestamp="1327421811"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=94086.msg1165009#msg1165009 date=1327420212]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=94086.msg1164779#msg1164779 date=1327355137]
[/quote]

[/quote]yeah just like dayton freshman beat crosby freshman in 06. You shouldnt make statements like that when you dont have a clue
[/quote]

Dont really care what happened in 06 just know what is going to appen on 12 ;D You better hope yall move that State Champion freshman team up to Varsity next year because your going to need it.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1165010" timestamp="1327420291"]
[quote author=slappy link=topic=94086.msg1165006#msg1165006 date=1327419673]
AggiesAreWe, really you broadcast high school football and you spout like some jackleg off the street.[b] crosby held vidor 0 completions [/b]which had been big plays for them last four opponents. only two plays over 10 or 15 yards. both of which were huge in thier montgomery win. and one of their lowest offensive yardage nights in last 8 games. c'mon man get a clue. special teams and turnovers were devastating in that game.
[/quote]

"Crosby [b]held[/b] Vidor to 0 completions". That's pretty funny statement considering Vidor only attempted 2 passes the whole game!!!

Vidor pounded Crosby for over 300 yards rushing.

Like I said, Crosby was the more talented team, but Vidor was better coached and the better team. 42-20 pretty much speaks for itself.
[/quote]"Pounded"???  Vidor only had 302 total yards of Offense. Crosby had 412.  The game came down to turnovers (2), Penalties (11 for 100 yards) and the type of D. Crosby's D did not match up very well vs Vidor's O (Wing T vs 3-3 stack). the match up would say your going to get 3-4 yards a carry, and in playoffs it all about match ups.
Vidor did a great job... Grinding the ball down the field, keeping the Coog D on the field, controling the ball, and making the O make desperate decisions.. My hats are still off to Vidor but saying they were more talented at almost ANY position is crazy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder