LCM Graduates transferring to Lamar?

[quote name="orangecoog" post="1153401" timestamp="1325545791"]
If Lamar is ever going to improve, they should not pick up any former LCM players.
[/quote]

They were both on the Beaumont Enterprise Super team last year with Sonnier 1st Team WR and Gonzales 2nd team QB. They are both talented but Hunter is moving to safety at Lamar.

Congratulations and glad we got them coming to Lamar.

We need more players like Andre Bevil?  ::)

[quote name="lcm2007ms" post="1154265" timestamp="1325692555"]
They're not on scholarship. Both will be preferred walk-ons.
[/quote]

Hopefully, that will change after next season.  But glad to see them both close to home on a team that they can contribute to right away.

[quote name="hipster" post="1154515" timestamp="1325725332"]
More guys with no stickability!!!  This team is made of guys with no committment to their original choices.  Now jump on me but this is true!!
[/quote]
I wondered the same thing, it seems like there are a lot of players at or going to Lamar that are not sticking with their original commitments.  I’m glad we are getting some local players but it seems there is no since of real loyalty to choices. 

[quote name="longhornmiked" post="1154519" timestamp="1325725911"]
[quote author=hipster link=topic=93621.msg1154515#msg1154515 date=1325725332]
More guys with no stickability!!!  This team is made of guys with no committment to their original choices.  Now jump on me but this is true!!
[/quote]
I wondered the same thing, it seems like there are a lot of players at or going to Lamar that are not sticking with their original commitments.  I’m glad we are getting some local players but it seems there is no since of real loyalty to choices.
[/quote]

I firmly believe that the case of [b]Home Sickness[/b] is playing a major role with Gonzales and Sonnier transferring to Lamar. JMO

No, they don't have to sit out a year as Sonnier left Northwestern before they played their first game and Gonzales was playing baseball last year.

As for as loyalty, that is a two way street as there are often promises made by a coach recruiting a player and once he gets on campus it is a different story.

This may give you a different side of Zack Sonnier.

http://www.kogt.com/EditPages/LCM/ZSonnier%20Golden%20Bear.htm

As for as Hunter Gonzales he was voted to the Beaumont Enterprise Super Team for football, basketball and baseball.

I'm sure there wasn't another kid with those awards. Here is another one for Hunter.

http://orangeleader.com/hssports/x925650172/Gonzales-named-Male-Athlete-of-the-Year

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder