Fungo man?

football

Had the creator of this come to my school a few weeks back, the machine is unbelievable. But, it does nothing that a coach couldn't do, and it costs about half of a coaches yearly salary. So, I'd be shocked if more than a couple high schools have it, if any.

These things are pretty cool.  Saw one in action about 4 years ago while watching Baylor hold a practice.  You can program it to do just about anything.  With that being said, it cost way too much money for your typical high school program.  If your school district has the money to blow and you have 3 teams with 20 or more players than I say go get one.  However, most coaches can do the same thing the Fungo man can do with a $30-$60 fungo bat.  If it were up to me I would rather spend the money else where.

Crosby got one this year and it is worth every penny.  It has lights so hitters can load corectly in the cage. also it can be set to throw not just fast... or just curve.. but alternate... that way the hitter is not just concentrating on just fast.. he has to read spin and adjust..
It is also a great help with fielding at all places..  the coach can be with the kid talking while fungo is taking place.. instead of just hitting..
you can program a entire game in if you want.. say the scout report says the 1 middle.. 2 opp field or bunts, 3 pulls 4 hit pops in right field... ext
lots of things can be done esp with 3 team and only 3 coaches

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="hitman009" post="1147126" timestamp="1324044460"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=92486.msg1136877#msg1136877 date=1322794402]
We've had a fungo, but from what I understand, we don't use it very much.  At least that's what Drake Roberts has told me.
[/quote]well all programs would also like to have 7 coaches like Brenham does....
most have 2-4....
[/quote]

Good point...

LCM as had one for 3 years now. Amazing piece of equipment. Worth every penny, Does a great work-out for the infield and outfield. Coaches can not keep up with the speed of fungo man. We'd go through about 3 buckets of balls before anybody knew what happened. And like somebody said before. The coaches can be right there with you telling you what you need to work on. instead of yelling.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder