Coldspring-Oakhurst vs. West Orange-Stark

Trigger

[quote name="WOS92" post="1133113" timestamp="1322436551"]Also, is it "[b][size=14pt]Coldspring[/size][/b]" or "Coldsprings?" I was pretty sure, but some of their most die-hard fans have me wondering.
[/quote]

[b][color=red]Here ya go[/color][/b]: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coldspring,_Texas]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coldspring,_Texas[/url]

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1133136" timestamp="1322438153"]
Man this is great! Hopefuly CS & WOS can play twice a year for the next two years!
[/quote]

I agree. We should play each other in preseason. On another note let's not beat each other up to much Friday, remember, one of us has to get to Arlington. ;)

[quote name="skipper" post="1133139" timestamp="1322438303"]
i must agree trigger he dose have that  looks to be a class kid we here wish him the best
[/quote]

Not to tak anything away from him he is a quality kid, But if our kids can go catch brandon williams from brookshire royal from behind and Johnathan Johnson from friendswood I think we have one or two that can walk down Mr. Gilbert..

[quote name="Eazy" post="1133093" timestamp="1322434154"]
This thread might get 1,000 replies before it's done.  The long awaited matchup is here between the two best teams in the Region.  WOS has been putting up points like crazy lately, and Coldspring's scoring spree has come to a halt in the playoffs.  I'm still taking Coldspring in a low scoring battle 20-17.  Coldspring's defense is very good, and I think WOS will make the mistakes that doom them in a tight game.  Turnovers will be key.
[/quote]

Both teams are making crucial turnovers. Each had 5 this week. From listening to the cs game, they don't seem to be avoiding mistakes either. This one's going to be neck-and-neck.

Bottom line is both teams are good or they would'nt have made it to this game. I think its going to be a great one and can go either way, so we should just give each other props so I dont have to read 18 pages of someone having to eat crow. I am sure when the game is over the players will have left it all on the field shake hands and have nothing but respect.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1133154" timestamp="1322439712"]
Not to tak anything away from him he is a quality kid, But if our kids can go catch brandon williams from brookshire royal from behind and Johnathan Johnson from friendswood I think we have one or two that can walk down Mr. Gilbert..
[/quote]

We're not talking about running 40's ;D ;D ;D 

Ya'll got some speedsters.  However, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when Sherman Gilbert will cross the goal line during this Friday's game.

[quote name="WOS92" post="1133160" timestamp="1322440183"]
Both teams are making crucial turnovers. Each had 5 this week. From listening to the cs game, they don't seem to be avoiding mistakes either. This one's going to be neck-and-neck.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more.  The team that can capitalize on the other teams mistakes will win this game.

[quote name="CS 13-0" post="1133208" timestamp="1322442493"]
Wow, just read 18 pages and all I can say is coldspring should just quit posting because no one has a chance against the almighty WOS.

ALL HAIL WOS (the history, the legend, the best hs football team ever WOS)
[/quote]

Oh great..your back ::).  Seems to me that you have been the one stirring up crap soup for 14 weeks now. If you don't want to read then don't. Pretty simple. You are the first person on this entire thread to drool poop out of your mouth. As I told you in the past, LOOK IN A MIRROR. I thought you were banned, I guess you hid from the mods after calling WOS fans a certain female anatomical part. Grow up.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1132980" timestamp="1322427501"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=92269.msg1132972#msg1132972 date=1322426429]
[quote author=T-Dawd link=topic=92269.msg1132965#msg1132965 date=1322425596]
WOS, your D is overrated.  After the powder-puff top half of the bracket, you think you are all that. Who have you shut out this year?
[/quote]

We havent shut out many opponets because we didnt scrimmage and play 2a schools or weak 3A schools in the pre district schedule we played 4A playoff  teams like Vidor 4A 3rd round team we beat them. Nederland 4A 3rd round team we lost by 1 Friendswood 4A playoff team we lost by one in 2Ot's trust me we are battle tested if Coldsprings played that schedule they wouldnt have made it out alive
[/quote]

Did WOS shut out Orangefield? NO. CS did.
Did WOS shut out Bridge City? NO. CS did.
Did WOS shut out Cleveland? NO. CS did.
[/quote]

Hey Falconfanatic, you wanna handle this one?  ;)

[quote name="kicker" post="1133237" timestamp="1322444364"]
[quote author=CS 13-0 link=topic=92269.msg1133208#msg1133208 date=1322442493]
Wow, just read 18 pages and all I can say is coldspring should just quit posting because no one has a chance against the almighty WOS.

[/quote]

Oh great..your back ::).  Seems to me that you have been the one stirring up crap soup for 14 weeks now. If you don't want to read then don't. Pretty simple. You are the first person on this entire thread to drool poop out of your mouth. As I told you in the past, LOOK IN A MIRROR. I thought you were banned, I guess you hid from the mods after calling WOS fans a certain female anatomical part. Grow up.
[/quote]You got the wrong person I havent even been on here for 14 weeks, let alone refered to any WOS fan to the female part. If you can find when I did please send the post to me.

[quote name="Trigger" post="1133227" timestamp="1322443451"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=92269.msg1133154#msg1133154 date=1322439712]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=92269.msg1133139#msg1133139 date=1322438303]
i must agree trigger he dose have that  looks to be a class kid we here wish him the best
[/quote]

[/quote]

We're not talking about running 40's ;D ;D ;D 

Ya'll got some speedsters.  However, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when Sherman Gilbert will cross the goal line during this Friday's game.
[/quote]

I agree. Backwards. Safety, anyone? ;)
Kidding.
Maybe.

ok now i do think this will be a very good game not one for the weak at heart.coldsprings does have a outstanding running game NO ONE can take that away from them and a very good (D) to go along with that.now ask for wo-s thay have one of the better balanced teams around its the little things that hurt them all year and hope thay can fix it by friday the mustangs do have speed and are very quick on both sides of the ball and NO ONE can take that away from them and if you dont mind let me say this on be hafe of our kids we do have five backs that can take it to the end zone when thay touch the football and the WR are probly the best around. ok now in closeing  coldsprings  has the edge in this game becouse of there outstanding (D) and thay have been to the BIG DANCE last year

[quote name="kicker" post="1133237" timestamp="1322444364"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Plus what did I say wrong I was just paraphrasing all your post on how great WOS is?

[quote name="CS 13-0" post="1133259" timestamp="1322446124"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=92269.msg1133237#msg1133237 date=1322444364]

[/quote]

[/quote]Plus what did I say wrong I was just paraphrasing all your post on how great WOS is?
[/quote]This about like two years ago when we played W-OS in the first round.  We didn't have a chance.  Their was no possible way we could beat them.  Well we did.  Since then we have gone all the way to state.  Still no respect.  We can disect this game anyway that we want to but it is all gonna come down to the kids on the field and what they do.  I really believe both teams are evenly matched.  If you talk about that all we do is run and W-OS can stop the run then you got something coming.  That was probably all we did two years ago when we beat y'all.  We have been beating teams all year with the run.  Yeah Alfred had four picks last week.  That does not mean we cannot absolutely throw it if need be.  I'm truly ready for this one.  Usually the best teams don't always get the chance to meet up and play.  This year though the two best teams in region three we meet up and get to play.

I've seen both of them and this should be an excellent game. Even with a 2k yard rusher in Gilbert, I have to give the edge to WOS offensively due to their versatility. Coldspring is one dimensional, you stop the run (not easy) you shut them down. WOS can hurt you either way.

On the other hand, I have to give the edge to Coldspring defensively. Extremely athletic in the front 7 and secondary plays great also. They simply don't give up the big play and WOS relies on it. They also "ball-hawk" and this could cause problems for the Mustangs since the TO bug seems to bite them.

Special teams edge goes to WOS. The Trojans field goal kicking is a crapshoot and WOS return game is excellent.

Should be a great ballgame....

I know it's a cliche but the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win this ballgame.
That being said.......
Mighty Mustangs....Go, Fight, Win!!!!!!

Greg Tepper and Travis Stewart, both of Dave CampbellĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s Texas Football picks Coldspring to beat West Orange- Stark and to advance to State Simi-Finals

On the subject of Top Football Players in Texas list I could only find two players and only one was playing in this game that was listed in the top recruiters list.

For Coldspring Sherman Gilbert 4.5 40yd was listed as the 10th ranked RB in the state all though  Oklahoma State is recruiting him as an inside receiver. He also is listed as the 89th player in the Top 100 list.

For WO-S the only player (ex-player) I could find was Justin Thomas was listed as the 41st DB in the state, but is ineligible to play because he is 20 years old. He was not listed in the Top 100 list.

If there are other list please post for our friends we share this board with.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317