Olin plans to apply for Crosby job

vpdb78

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UHCoog14
There was nothing illegal with Drew going to Lee and living in Sterling's attendance zone. His parent worked at Lee so he had a choice. That  has always  been the policy at GCCISD. If I live in the GCM attendance zone and teach at Sterling. My children have the option to go to Sterling.

I respect Coach Olin as a person and as a football coach. He and his wife are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

I also know what I know. Call it sour grapes if you want.

Olin has a good  track record for sending QBs to the next level.  The big question would be " Would he be a good fit for Crosby?"  If I had a son that was a QB that is who I would want, but if he was not a QB, I would not be sold, his record at Lewisville was not up to par. What other names outside the district are in the mix?

Exactly.
He could go to Lee if he wanted.
You used that example as if Olin was doing some under the table work.

Brian Johnson may have come to Olin first in that deal as well.  Who knows?
Guys move into the Katy zone all the time.
Johnson was a qb, and it worked out very well for him to claim an address in the Lee zone.

And he was the only one that had to claim an address to get to Lee.

[quote name="Eagle0011" post="1134155" timestamp="1322539628"]
Olin has a good  track record for sending QBs to the next level.  The big question would be " Would he be a good fit for Crosby?"  If I had a son that was a QB that is who I would want, but if he was not a QB, I would not be sold, his record at Lewisville was not up to par. What other names outside the district are in the mix?
[/quote]

more than this, i doubt olin would allow the 5 foot 8 Aston Walter be the QB. Given his height an inability (physically) to see over the line, I doubt Olin would play him at QB means he would have to find another position. (Or grow about 4 inches at least.)

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1133625" timestamp="1322503609"]
[quote author=Red Rocker link=topic=92241.msg1133457#msg1133457 date=1322491232]
Olin and others will be wasting paper by applying. This job has been a done deal for weeks. Take that to the bank.
[/quote]

Yep, ding....ding.....ding......we have a winner.
[/quote]

Who might i ask is the person going to get hired according to this, my rumor mill has gone silent.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1133408" timestamp="1322478649"]
I know! Shocker!

El Roberson, III lived in McNair.
(RSS district)

Even Drew Tate (Olin's stepson) lived in Sterling district (along with Olin) and was enrolled at RSS the first day of school.

Olin always found a way.
[/quote]

Ell lived in central hights not Mcnair

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1134093" timestamp="1322535012"]
Jermaine Alfred not Jamal.

You left off Brian Johnson-Utah

Olin's "swimmers" had nothing to do with Drew's ability. You can thank Mr. Tate and Martha Olin for that.

Olin was and is an outstanding offensive coordinator. I would be shocked if he got the job at Crosby.
[/quote][quote author=panamamyers link=topic=92241.msg1134145#msg1134145 date=1322538917]
Do you really think he would live there knowing he had to do something illegal to get Drew to Lee?

Your sour grapes stuff gets old.

Brian Johnson was the only qb that was recruited in.  Ell stayed right on the other side of the tracks from Lee High School in Oak Addition.
[/quote]

Guys, I did not intend to further split Baytown in its territorial fighting--LOL
Thanks for clarifying my errors.  My intentions was to show how successful these QB's were because of this coach.  Clint only played QB his senior year and was quickly recruited into D1 which means the scouts frequented Lee games.
When you have such specialty success at the HS level, you dont have to recruit outside because the outside is trying to find a way to get to your program.  I think this is the case with Olin. 
Any way, if Crosby fans enjoy scoring TD's and wide open football with lots of exciting plays, then Olin should be considered.

Panama, I believe you already know that i followed Lee quite often during those years.  I also, have met coach Olin at CD's on Saturday mornings. 

BTW--CD's is the best breakfast taco place in SETX.  ;D

I stand corrected about Ell then, I thought he was in Oakwood.  Central Heights is still a stone's throw from Robert E Lee High School.

I don't think Olin would have any problem letting the Walter kid play qb if he can throw the ball.  Octavio Torres was probably 5'8" and he played qb for Lee there towards the end.

QB's would be lining up to play at Crosby in my opinion.  I'm not here to say whether Crosby should hire Olin or not.  I just know that he is one of the best qb coaches in the state.  Others have caught up with his offense at this point in my opinion.  He can still light it up though I would imagine.  Lee just did not have a qb his last couple of years.  He would have done wonders with this year's squad.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1134586" timestamp="1322594722"]
I stand corrected about Ell then, I thought he was in Oakwood.  Central Heights is still a stone's throw from Robert E Lee High School.

I don't think Olin would have any problem letting the Walter kid play qb if he can throw the ball.  Octavio Torres was probably 5'8" and he played qb for Lee there towards the end.

QB's would be lining up to play at Crosby in my opinion.  I'm not here to say whether Crosby should hire Olin or not.  I just know that he is one of the best qb coaches in the state.  Others have caught up with his offense at this point in my opinion.  He can still light it up though I would imagine.  Lee just did not have a qb his last couple of years.  He would have done wonders with this year's squad.
[/quote]

I am guessing 60-70% of the current area coaches, or more, attended one or more of Olin's clinics.  He is a goo-roo. 

Guest baseball25
They still made the playoffs and haynes didn't take that job till August, Haynes has 2 losing season in 28 yrs of head coaching, ask crosby how they liked Haynes!!! Haynes took that job when crosby was 2-18 in 2 yrs and then haynes goes 6-4 and 8-3.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Haynes was 8-4 in 2003. He applies for every job opening on this side of the Sabine. Who wants to take a chance on him when he can't stay put and build a program?

The resignation of Coach Flannigan has clearly hurt a lot of the kids in the program. I my option I wished the school board would make a descion on a coach who ever it may be! That way the kids and coaching staff would know. I just hope the school board doesn't wait until summer.

Coug4 you are right the kids have know idea what is going on. I just hope they hire quickly & the right Coach. The workout program they have right now is crap because none of the coaches care. My son told me last night there is about 30 kids working out after school with no direction from coaches. They usually have a workout agenda everyday but this week it has read DO YOUR OWN WORKOUT. So what this shows me is the coaches never really cared anyways and I understand the school board craps on you so you crap on the kids. I also understand it is early in the off season but I know the last 3 years they started the week after they lost in the playoffs with there off season workout program but not this year.

Guest Red Rocker
Red, who is your son? I went by to pick up my daughter yesterday after school and most of the coaches were in the weightroom or on the track with the kids.  Looked like business as usual to me.  Did little Johnny not get to play much this year?

[quote name="Red Rocker" post="1137077" timestamp="1322833586"]
Red, who is your son? I went by to pick up my daughter yesterday after school and most of the coaches were in the weightroom or on the track with the kids.  Looked like business as usual to me.  Did little Johnny not get to play much this year?
[/quote]

Actually Red Rocker my son (little johnny) did play & is a starter because he is one of the kids that puts in the work on the field & in the classroom. Not one of the ones that doesn't show up to off season workouts after school, during the summer & maintains his grades even after football is over.

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="1137109" timestamp="1322836312"]
[quote author=Red Rocker link=topic=92241.msg1137077#msg1137077 date=1322833586]
[/quote]

Actually Red Rocker my son (little johnny) did play. I do know this though that in the weight room the coaches where gone by 3:40 because my other son who played on Varsity for 3 years & started his last 2 who was picking up my younger son who  started on the freshmen "A" team & JV team this year. Red rocker I'm just pointing out what I am being told by my sons. Just to let you know I was one of the parents that was at the schoolboard meeting to support Flanigan. I have know Flanigan for 8 years & he will be missed. I am just pointing out that I think the coaches are in limbo & the kids are the ones going to suffer, when they have a obligation to fill for the remainder of the year. I don't really appreciate your comment about my son because I will be the first to wear him out if he isn't producing or playing to his potential. So get off my kid
[/quote]I talked to some other kids too.  Tues and Thurs are monitory tutorial days from (2:32-3:30). All Athletes are supposed to go to tutorials. Coaches teach classes are required to have tutorials classes. So I guess you are right, the work out was more than likely on the board and they were not there because [b]they had a JOB to do[/b]. 
You might want to do a little research before you start publicly bashing coaches…

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298