Your schools Best Teams that Underachieved

D3zii

Who was your best Team that you feel underachieved??

For me it would have to be the 2009 Central Team that only went three rounds and end up getting blown out by Friendswood..I feel we should have did better mainly On Defense..Also our Offense really didnt show as much as they should..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it would have to be the 2009 Central Team that only went three rounds and end up getting blown out by Friendswood..I feel we should have did better mainly On Defense..Also our Offense really didnt show as much as they should..

Also our 2003 team who had the game won against Bay City in the 3rd round but let it slip through our hands..That team had arguably the best Defense to come through SETX lead by LB David Dixion and Anthony Collins

Honarable Mention
2010 team, that lost to Humble, that team had alot of Hype but only manage to go 2rounds

1. 2010 Brenham Cubs- Surrounded by D1 talent and returning from a state finalist run, we were bounced in the first round by Kingwood Park, in KP's first playoff appearance.  What a disappointing season.

2.  2011 Brenham Cubs- Returning a loaded defense and playing with a chip on our shoulder, this team was projected as state championship material.  They would have to get by with a few first year starters on offense.  After dominating all year, this team once again fell short, only making it to the second round.  Brenham's best defense ever did their job, but the offense which had surprisingly overachieved all year, finally choked.

3. 2005 Brenham Cubs- The most D1 talent the Cubs have ever had.  A couple of key turnovers cost us, and we lost in the semi-finals.

2011 BC, I'm hearing this Defense is statistically the best defense to ever come through Bridge City..that's saying alot, if they woulda beat WOS they'd still be playing today & if Menard doesn't get hurt vs CS I'm confident they'd be sitting in the 4th Rd right now..loaded with talent. I feel like the FB & TE woulda fit this team alot better than the spread

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="1131109" timestamp="1322331222"]
2011 BC, I'm hearing this Defense is statistically the best defense to ever come through Bridge City..that's saying alot, if they woulda beat WOS they'd still be playing today & if Menard doesn't get hurt vs CS I'm confident they'd be sitting in the 4th Rd right now..loaded with talent. I feel like the FB & TE woulda fit this team alot better than the spread
[/quote]

BC didn't lose because menard got hurt. CS had one of thier running backs hurt too. BC lost to a better team, I don't call that underachieving.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1131117" timestamp="1322331409"]
[quote author=BCgrad05 link=topic=92236.msg1131109#msg1131109 date=1322331222]
[/quote]

BC didn't lose because menard got hurt. CS had one of thier running backs hurt too. BC lost to a better team, I don't call that underachieving.
[/quote]

A running back that was getting completely shut down? Give me a break..I honestly don't believe Coldspring was the better team. I'm sure you didn't see the game though

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="1131134" timestamp="1322332467"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=92236.msg1131117#msg1131117 date=1322331409]
[quote author=BCgrad05 link=topic=92236.msg1131109#msg1131109 date=1322331222]
[/quote]

[/quote]

A running back that was getting completely shut down? Give me a break..I honestly don't believe Coldspring was the better team. I'm sure you didn't see the game though
[/quote]

So your argument is that Monroe getting hurt didn't matter, because he was getting shut down? Well then I guess menard getting hurt didn't matter either right? How many points did they score while menard was in the game? If you think BC is them better team then I know you weren't at the game.

[quote name="D3zii" post="1130767" timestamp="1322284812"]

Also our 2003 team who had the game won against Bay City in the 3rd round but let it slip through our hands..That team had arguably the best Defense to come through SETX lead by LB David Dixion and Anthony Collins

Honarable Mention
2010 team, that lost to Humble, that team had alot of Hype but only manage to go 2rounds
[/quote]David Dixon graduated in 2003.  He didn't play on the 2003 football team...  That team featured Jordy Matherson, Mike Feacher, the RB, Ivory 'Chopper' Williams and Anthony Collins. 

I'd have to give an Over achiever and under achiever.  Over have to go to the 2008 team.  Under is probably the 2007 team that missed the playoffs.  We were loaded and had 2 blue chippers that were Brothers (Derrick Hall (Navorro and Tulsa) and Charlie Thomas (Texas A&M).

2004 Nederland Bulldogs, opened the season with a 37-7 thumping of Texas City(the eventual 24-4a champion) and allowed only 97 total yds and then lost 3 games by a total of 8 points, WOS 32-30, Friendswood 33-30and Ozen 40-37, wound up tied for the district championship and lost to Jacksonville in the second round 20-14, that was a big disappiontment because the winner played LaMarque and Nederland really thought this was their year to beat LaMarque after losing to them 4 times in 2 years during the 02 and 03 seasons. Wound up with an 8-4 record and had the districts top offense and defense but just couldn't catch a break at the right time, tough year, but that was a great team.

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="1131752" timestamp="1322348216"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=92236.msg1130905#msg1130905 date=1322317307]
I hate Lake Travis  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] why would you say that cause they are good and a very classy team nobody in setx can hold lake Travis jock strap I promise you that
[/quote]
Easy killer.................. I was refering to 2007 when Gilbert torched a BRONX team that was one of the best I had seen  ;)  As for da LT jock straps sounds like you been holding a couple....Its not a chin strap tard  ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1131064" timestamp="1322328353"]
The Indians team that had Jeff Bergeron that had only 1 loss to Little Joe Washington and Lincoln
[/quote]
Man ,you been watching PNG football a long time. I agree. They had 11 people make all district that year and did not win the district. I believe that was the coaches last year and Etheridge came in.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1131238" timestamp="1322338545"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=92236.msg1130767#msg date=1322284812]

Honarable Mention
[/quote]David Dixon graduated in 2003.  He didn't play on the 2003 football team...  That team featured Jordy Matherson, Mike Feacher, the RB, Ivory 'Chopper' Williams and Anthony Collins. 

I'd have to give an Over achiever and under achiever.  Over have to go to the 2008 team.  Under is probably the 2007 team that missed the playoffs.  We were loaded and had 2 blue chippers that were Brothers (Derrick Hall (Navorro and Tulsa) and Charlie Thomas (Texas A&M).
[/quote]

Your right, he did leave in 03..

[quote name="vp32" post="1130827" timestamp="1322292894"]
Pirates 2009. Picked to be district champs and went down the wire with Central and got beat and never really recovered from that loss and loss first round in the playoffs. Biggest line i've ever seen at Vidor that year and 3 running backs that had 800 yards a piece.
[/quote]
+1.

2000 Nederland Bulldogs - i believe this was our best chance for a state title in a long time. Lost to Bay City 7-0 in the Astrodome in the state quarterfinals after getting stuffed at the one yard line as time expired. I still believe our receiver got the Td on the play before but we will never know. The sad part is that we dominated that game stat wise. We were on there side of the field a ton and couldnt come away with points. Bay City went on to blow out the remaining two teams to win the state title if i remember correctly.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder