Vidor's playoff run conjures memories of 1964

WOSgrad

[quote name="Vpgolf2010" post="1128970" timestamp="1322153182"]
NDNwarrior. We greatly appreciate your support! Thank
You!
[/quote]

You're welcome, Buddy! I've always been a Vidor fan.....very glad to see you guys making a good play-off run....!  Keep on, keepin on! Enjoy the ride! Take Care!

What about the Vidor Pirates short playoff run which had a massive offensed Line and a great running game just like this years team,but I feel lacked a passing game. I remember the 3 headed monster #25 Pitman/Tate and #30 Peevey .It seemed as if Peevy had all the tools to make a good college football player,he had speed,could block,catch ball.I was wondering if he is currently playing college football anywhere.

This is Collin Strother you are talking to. Yes they were right I was playing hurt, tore some tendons in my ankle my junior year, I went to East Texas Baptist University to play ball in Marshall, TX and messed up my anle again. That's when I decided to hang it up. Scotty Utterback is a redshirt at Lamar, walk-on.

[quote name="VPfootball000" post="1129165" timestamp="1322176197"]
What about the Vidor Pirates short playoff run which had a massive offensed Line and a great running game just like this years team,but I feel lacked a passing game. I remember the 3 headed monster #25 Pitman/Tate and #30 Peevey .It seemed as if Peevy had all the tools to make a good college football player,he had speed,could block,catch ball.I was wondering if he is currently playing college football anywhere.
[/quote]

I enjoyed watching ya'll thoroughly. Friends with the Larramores. I thought ya'll did a great job and set the groundwork for this year's team. Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all ya'll did that year. Collin, you had a great year, not taking anything away from the '09 team.

sorry to hear about your career ending ankle injury but thanks for the great years you spent at Vidor.Wow theres another very good ball player James Larrimore who played wherever asked and played hard every game. I remember him playing tightend fullback linebacker and believe he even punted for Vidor.I heard he went to Lamar for a year before hurting knee I guess it was bad enough to end football days but Thankyou both for giving everything you had while at Vidor

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1128941" timestamp="1322151452"]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Vidor-s-playoff-run-conjures-up-memories-of-1964-2286982.php
[/quote]Good article. I remember the players on that team. I was at the game nd the saying. "The unforgettable field goal try". Lost 5-4 in penetrations. Was a sad day in Vidor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

[quote name="strother78" post="1129174" timestamp="1322176677"]
That was my year and I was part of that "[size=10pt][b]massive line[/b][/size]". Sadly, he is not playing ball anywhere.
[/quote]
Best line in the district that year. Won the lineman competition (forgot what it was called). I knew every single one of them personally. Great football players and great men right there.

I do alot of umpiring with Peevey. Great guy to be around. The Lineman Challenge is what you are talking about, had fun with that. Thank ya'll for ya'lls support while we played, we just tryed to keep the tradition of unyeilding heart and desire alive. I'm very proud to that that tradition is still alive and well in this years team.

[quote name="strother78" post="1129507" timestamp="1322203710"]
I do alot of umpiring with Peevey. Great guy to be around. The Lineman Challenge is what you are talking about, had fun with that. Thank ya'll for ya'lls support while we played, we just tryed to keep the tradition of unyeilding heart and desire alive. I'm very proud to that that tradition is still alive and well in this years team.
[/quote]
Amen there.

Guest blackflag
I am a Pirate fan that has bled black and gold from the time that I was 4 years old . My brother was on the 1979 team and I looked up to him with the upmost respect . I can remember wearing his Pirate helmet around the house even though it was heavy enough to make me fall over . I can remember never missing a game from that point until now . My brother and I would always go to the games together after he graduated and root on our beloved Pirates no matter what our record or the the situation was  and it seemed like our love only grew fonder for this underdog of a team . I can remember watching the 44 game losing streak but never losing faith in the thought that this team and community that was never given a chance would one day overcome adversity . Well my brother died in 2000 and I found myself going by his grave today to tell him " I wish you were here to see it bro " "this team is special " . See , Its so much more than football to me and my family . It always has been. Its about a community that has been made fun of and ridiculed and stereotyped for as long as I remember . This team is changing things and as I look at the monitor through my tears of joy I can truly say that "  I  AM PROUD TO BE A VIDORIAN " .

[quote name="blackflag" post="1129516" timestamp="1322206625"]
I am a Pirate fan that has bled black and gold from the time that I was 4 years old . My brother was on the 1979 team and I looked up to him with the upmost respect . I can remember wearing his Pirate helmet around the house even though it was heavy enough to make me fall over . I can remember never missing a game from that point until now . My brother and I would always go to the games together after he graduated and root on our beloved Pirates no matter what our record or the the situation was  and it seemed like our love only grew fonder for this underdog of a team . I can remember watching the 44 game losing streak but never losing faith in the thought that this team and community that was never given a chance would one day overcome adversity . Well my brother died in 2000 and I found myself going by his grave today to tell him " I wish you were here to see it bro " "this team is special " . See , Its so much more than football to me and my family . It always has been. Its about a community that has been made fun of and ridiculed and sterotyped for as long as I remember . This team is changing things and as I look at the monitor through my tears with snot running from my nose I can truly say that "  I  AM PROUD TO BE A VIDORIAN " .
[/quote]
AMEN! Lost my dad in 03. Wish he was here to see this in person. Too many times I heard him tell people the Beaumont area when asked where he lived. I'm proud to say that his grandkids (one on the team) will be the first to say I AM FROM VIDOR. As of late, the response is "I've heard of yall, yall have a good football team." That's from Oklahoma to Port Lavaca,TX. Times are changing and the past is dying.

[quote name="blackflag" post="1129516" timestamp="1322206625"]
I am a Pirate fan that has bled black and gold from the time that I was 4 years old . My brother was on the 1979 team and I looked up to him with the upmost respect . I can remember wearing his Pirate helmet around the house even though it was heavy enough to make me fall over . I can remember never missing a game from that point until now . My brother and I would always go to the games together after he graduated and root on our beloved Pirates no matter what our record or the the situation was  and it seemed like our love only grew fonder for this underdog of a team . I can remember watching the 44 game losing streak but never losing faith in the thought that this team and community that was never given a chance would one day overcome adversity . Well my brother died in 2000 and I found myself going by his grave today to tell him " I wish you were here to see it bro " "this team is special " . See , Its so much more than football to me and my family . It always has been. Its about a community that has been made fun of and ridiculed and stereotyped for as long as I remember . This team is changing things and as I look at the monitor through my tears of joy I can truly say that "  I  AM PROUD TO BE A VIDORIAN " .
[/quote]
Great post blackflag. May your brother rest in peace. I know he's looking down on those Vidor Pirates and just smiling.  :)

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1129518" timestamp="1322208225"]
[quote author=blackflag link=topic=92178.msg1129516#msg1129516 date=1322206625]
I am a Pirate fan that has bled black and gold from the time that I was 4 years old . My brother was on the 1979 team and I looked up to him with the upmost respect . I can remember wearing his Pirate helmet around the house even though it was heavy enough to make me fall over . I can remember never missing a game from that point until now . My brother and I would always go to the games together after he graduated and root on our beloved Pirates no matter what our record or the the situation was  and it seemed like our love only grew fonder for this underdog of a team . I can remember watching the 44 game losing streak but never losing faith in the thought that this team and community that was never given a chance would one day overcome adversity . Well my brother died in 2000 and I found myself going by his grave today to tell him " I wish you were here to see it bro " "this team is special " . See , Its so much more than football to me and my family . It always has been. Its about a community that has been made fun of and ridiculed and sterotyped for as long as I remember . This team is changing things and as I look at the monitor through my tears with snot running from my nose I can truly say that "  I  AM PROUD TO BE A VIDORIAN " .
[/quote]
AMEN! Lost my dad in 03. Wish he was here to see this in person. Too many times I heard him tell people the Beaumont area when asked where he lived. I'm proud to say that his grandkids (one on the team) will be the first to say I AM FROM VIDOR. As of late, the response is "I've heard of yall, yall have a good football team." That's from Oklahoma to Port Lavaca,TX. Times are changing and the past is dying.
[/quote]

I lost my father in '98 and he actually took me to the game we lost to San Marcos. Like you all, I wish he were here to see his beloved Pirates play. He was a season ticket holder and never missed a game until his health got too bad to attend. I worked in Baytown last week and I can tell you personally, we have a heck of a lot of respect from 19-4A and that idiotic stigma is going away. I AM PROUD TO BE A VIDORIAN AS WELL.

[move][size=36pt][font=impact][font=impact][b]ANNIHILATE ANGLETON!!![/b][/font][/font][/size][/move]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin