Noisemakers

GoDogs27

I saw a guy at the Nederland game with a noisemaker that had ball bearings in it. It looked like a post driver that was sealed off with the bearings inside. Not sure if he posts on here but if so i am goig to try and make one this week. I used to have propane tanks with ball bearings but they dont allow those anymore. If anyone has any tips please post or pm me. I am mostly looking for tips on sealing off the open end. Wont have access to a welding machine though. Thanks

They used to use EMPTY freon cans, put ball bearings that you shoot in sling shots in 'em.  Seal the hole. 

Easier and less effort and loud -  is EMPTY Gatorade Bottles hand full of pennies.  You could try the ball bearings in the Gatorade bottles.  They might be just as effective.  Gatorade bottles are thicker than water bottles, water bottles work just not as loud.

Cow bells are good and loud, too.

Be NEDERLAND LOUD!!!!!!  Bring da noise and let's rattle their cage.  Tell everyone whose coming to the game Saturday.

The Dogs deserve our support!!!!

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1127813" timestamp="1322005731"]
Is something posted at GP stadium or website?

Define Noisemaker - ______________________
[/quote]
They would probably stop you at the gate if you had something big in your hand, but if you can get it in then they probably wouldnt do anything. I dont plan on making anything huge, and it would hide well in my coat. Of course you never know. Depends on whos working the gate. That guy walked right in with his last week so i guess it depends. Its not against UIL rules so i think its stupid to have a policy against it.

the UIL's only rule is that air horns can't be used in completely enclosed stadiums.  Certain schools however don't allow them, so all you have to do is ask the school.  We used our air horn in Texas Stadium in '05 and I have my own personal air horns that you can get at your local auto parts store that I blow everywhere I go.  Nobody has said anything yet.  You can get your own air horns for as little as $16.  You hook it up to a small 12v battery such as a 4-wheeler battery.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1127813" timestamp="1322005731"]
Is something posted at GP stadium or website?

Define Noisemaker - ______________________
[/quote]  Dayton has a Train Horn when they score. The only schools around that dont let you have them CROSBY AND GOOSE CREEK.  GP does not care on noise makers i made some out of empty freon tanks ball bearings and took them there i make small one out of empty food cans with  ball bearings we had them this past weekend in G.P. UIL dont allow the small freon horns in the stands.  ;D

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1127965" timestamp="1322017642"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=92133.msg1127916#msg1127916 date=1322014061]
Pre National Anthem the announcer in the press box said no noisemakers allowed @GPISD-so I'm just a messenger 8)
[/quote]

couldn't find anything on it on their online policy.... :(
[/quote]
last I checked, we were all noise makers. what are they gonna do, play simon says?

At our game last week (at GPISD stadium) they did make an announcement about no noise makers, but right after the guy announced it everybody in our section held up their noisemakers and shook them and continued to shake them throughout the game, nothing was said to any of them for it.....I say bring the noise makers and be NEDERLAND LOUD AND PROUD!!!!!!  Go Dogs!!!!!

Stadium filled with noise makers....I probably would leave the air horns, freon cans, or propane tanks at home.

Those can be safety issues.  Typically, when those announcements are made it involves airhorns.

Otherwise-  filled gatorade/water plastic type bottles filled with whatever should be fine.  Cowbells, too.  I would dare them to take a cowbell from someone I know - she's had it for years.  She might use it against them. 

Whatever, the other fan brought in last week was fine.  And it didn't sound small.

No UIL rules against noisemakers.  The only restriction UIL has is not in gyms or athletic field houses.

BE NEDERLAND LOUD!!!!!

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!! 

There was several air horns against Stratford on Nederlands side and several of us had the take a deep breath and let her rip horns. I have also seen the aluminum water bottles with ball bearings but, make sure you tape the lid shut or you will be spraying bearings all over the place. I would like to see everyone bring a black or gold hand towel for rally rags. I know they gave some rally rags out last week but, not nearly enough and they were not used that much.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder