La Porte vs Katy predictions

LP0175

Katy has dominated pretty much everybody this season. Closest game they had was last week and they still won by 14. This reminds me of the season they went 16-0 with andre dean at rb. I just don't see anyone stopping them. They are probably the best team in the country. Sorry La Porte yall are about to run into the buzz saw that is the Katy Tigers.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1126288" timestamp="1321896053"]
Katy has dominated pretty much everybody this season. Closest game they had was last week and they still won by 14. This reminds me of the season they went 16-0 with andre dean at rb. I just don't see anyone stopping them. They are probably the best team in the country. Sorry La Porte yall are about to run into the buzz saw that is the Katy Tigers.
[/quote]

People think that every year. The past two years someone has gotten in there to steal there trophy." They are who we thought they where." ( Denny Green Former Arizona Cardinals coach) Katy puts there pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else. LaPorte will fight them pretty good. That Cy Woods team finished 3rd in district. So the next couple teams will be not be afraid to bring it to them. 

[quote name="mypooh" post="1126310" timestamp="1321896744"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=91977.msg1126288#msg1126288 date=1321896053]
[/quote]

People think that every year. The past two years someone has gotten in there to steal there trophy." They are who we thought they where." ( Denny Green Former Arizona Cardinals coach) Katy puts there pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else. LaPorte will fight them pretty good. That Cy Woods team finished 3rd in district. So the next couple teams will be not be afraid to bring it to them.
[/quote]
That Cy_woods team was pretty dang good averaing 53 points a game....scored 21 offensive points. It's Football, if anyone is "scared"..they shouldnt be playing the game at all.

Defense wins championships.  LaPorte proves week in and week out that their defense is something to be reconed with.  They'll make life hard for Katy.  I know that LaPorte should be the big underdogs, but something tells me that this game will be different.  I have LaPort by an 8 point spread.

[quote name="pe2009" post="1126315" timestamp="1321896958"]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=91977.msg1126310#msg1126310 date=1321896744]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=91977.msg1126288#msg1126288 date=1321896053]
[/quote]

[/quote]
That Cy_woods team was pretty dang good averaing 53 points a game....scored 21 offensive points. It's Football, if anyone is "scared"..they shouldnt be playing the game at all.
[/quote]

Cy woods avg 38 for the season and scored 30 points last week against Katy. I deal with facts plus they where shut out once this year.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1126331" timestamp="1321897598"]
Defense wins championships.  LaPorte proves week in and week out that their defense is something to be reconed with.  They'll make life hard for Katy.  I know that LaPorte should be the big underdogs, but something tells me that this game will be different.  I have LaPort by an 8 point spread.
[/quote]
Honest question...do you think LP's d will be the best on the field Saturday? Why or Why not?

[quote name="mypooh" post="1126310" timestamp="1321896744"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but this is a different team. Last year they relied on the run too much they had 4500 rushing yards compared to 1500 passing and they gave up 17 points a game. This year they are more balanced running for 3100 and passing for 2000, plus they only give up 7 points a game. Last year they lost to the eventual state champion 35-38 infront of 40,000 people the year before they lost in the state championship to Abilene. In the last three year only three teams have beaten Katy Pearland(16-0), Abilene(16-0), and the woodlands(11-1) all of those teams were undefeated when they beat Katy. That is pretty impressive. Someone may upset Katy, but it will be someone capable of winning state. I just don't think La Porte or Pam for that matter can do it.

[quote name="mypooh" post="1126342" timestamp="1321897895"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=91977.msg1126315#msg1126315 date=1321896958]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Cy woods avg 38 for the season and scored 30 points last week against Katy. I deal with facts plus they where shut out once this year.
[/quote]
53 since the QB change.
21 offensive points against Katy
Blocked PAT for 2
Fumble recovery for 7

reminds me of Mayweather/Pacquioa....everyone..mostly hates Mayweather....and they just want to see him lose, no matter who he fights and ignore his strengths and weaknesses, just because "they hate him"....they want to see the more likeable guy win, but if you look at it...the fight is a mismatch...Pac-mans strength will be his weakness vs mayweather. LaPorte has a chance just like every other team....just like Pac-Man has a chance..but their Strength(running the ball) feeds right into Katy's strength(stopping the run), You need to spread Katy out to beat them....Woodlands 08, Cinco Ranch 08, Abilene 09, Pearland 10.....all had great Qb's and running games. Plus...Katy is playing a little bit of defense this year as well.....just saying

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1126347" timestamp="1321898005"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but this is a different team. Last year they relied on the run too much they had 4500 rushing yards compared to 1500 passing and they gave up 17 points a game. This year they are more balanced running for 3100 and passing for 2000, plus they only give up 7 points a game. Last year they lost to the eventual state champion 35-38 infront of 40,000 people the year before they lost in the state championship to Abilene. In the last three year only three teams have beaten Katy Pearland(16-0), Abilene(16-0), and the woodlands(11-1) all of those teams were undefeated when they beat Katy. That is pretty impressive. Someone may upset Katy, but it will be someone capable of winning state. I just don't think La Porte or Pam for that matter can do it.

Well I tell you this much don't be surprise if it happens LaPorte 11-1 and PAM 11-1. That's some really good teams that are in the process of being great. Nothing against Katy but down here in SE Tx we don't fear them like else where. If I where to ask you at the point the pass three years would Katy get beat you would of told me NO. So I'm I surprised that you stroking them. NO Americans love the front runner but the underdog has to eat every once in while. 
[/quote]

[quote name="mypooh" post="1126384" timestamp="1321898714"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=91977.msg1126347#msg1126347 date=1321898005]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I tell you this much don't be surprise if it happens LaPorte 11-1 and PAM 11-1. That's some really good teams that are in the process of being great. Nothing against Katy but down here in SE Tx we don't fear them like else where. If I where to ask you at the point the pass three years would Katy get beat you would of told me NO. So I'm I surprised that you stroking them. NO Americans love the front runner but the underdog has to eat every once in while. 
[/quote]
[/quote]

You shouldn't fear them, but odds are you wont win. Those teams that beat Katy were all better than Pam and La Porte.

BTW I'm not "stroking" Katy I'm not even a Katy fan, but I do like the way they play. I gave you facts. You just want Katy to lose because you know deep down that Pam won't beat them in the next round ether.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1126391" timestamp="1321899166"]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=91977.msg1126384#msg1126384 date=1321898714]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=91977.msg1126347#msg1126347 date=1321898005]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

You shouldn't fear them, but odds are you wont win. Those teams that beat Katy were all better than Pam and La Porte.

BTW I'm not "stroking" Katy I'm not even a Katy fan, but I do like the way they play. I gave you facts. You just want Katy to lose because you know deep down that Pam won't beat them in the next round ether.
[/quote]

In the 90's before Katy become Katy someone probably told them that you can't beat such and such. So this is the reason they play the game. BTW !!! This is the definations of stroking them BTW I'm not "stroking" Katy I'm not even a Katy fan, but I do like the way they play
I couldn't of said it any better.

[quote name="mypooh" post="1126400" timestamp="1321899455"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=91977.msg1126391#msg1126391 date=1321899166]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=91977.msg1126384#msg1126384 date=1321898714]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

In the 90,s before Katy become Katy someone probably told them that you can't beat such and such. So this is the reason they play the game. BTW !!! This is the definations of stroking them BTW I'm not "stroking" Katy I'm not even a Katy fan, but I do like the way they play
I couldn't of said it any better.
[/quote]

Really cause I thought stroking was bring up what if this and that and doing anything to provide false hope for your team. Kinda like you're doing right now ;)

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1126432" timestamp="1321900187"]
BTW in the 90s Katy was pretty good. They won state in 97 and went a combined 33-3 between 97-99. They would've won another state championship in 98, but had to forfeit two games, because of an ineligible player. Total record for the 90s  was 107-25.
[/quote]

Well you be at the game ? If so I wouldn't mind sitting on Katy side with you. BTW the 90's comment was meant with  the reason you give. When the 90's started and teams seen them on there scheduled no one thought they would win the title in 97. Everytime has to have a starting point. I happen to think ours is this year.

[quote name="pe2009" post="1126346" timestamp="1321897994"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91977.msg1126331#msg1126331 date=1321897598]
[/quote]
Honest question...do you think LP's d will be the best on the field Saturday? Why or Why not?
[/quote]If they come in and not buy into all the hype of playing this mighty Katy team, LaPorte's D can and will do what they've been to opposing offenses all year.  So the answer is yes, from a talent standpoint. 

350ste author=mypooh link=topic=91977.msg1126457#msg1126457 date=1321900741]
[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1126432" timestamp="1321900187"]
BTW in the 90s Katy was pretty good. They won state in 97 and went a combined 33-3 between 97-99. They would've won another state championship in 98, but had to forfeit two games, because of an ineligible player. Total record for the 90s  was 107-25.
[/quote]

Well you be at the game ? If so I wouldn't mind sitting on Katy side with you. BTW the 90's comment was meant with  the reason you give. When the 90's started and teams seen them on there scheduled no one thought they would win the title in 97. Everytime has to have a starting point. I happen to think ours is this year.
[/quote]

Probably not. I'm only in town for a week and will most likely be with family the whole time.

Katy got alot better when the big population boom hit over there and of course Coach Johnson. Katy has a program that all of the kids buy into and are very good HS football players that work as a team. My wife taught at Katy HS for 4 years and I had a chance to watch them during that time. That was during 01-05 and I was amazed at the overall program. Good luck to LP, but I'm pulling for the Tigers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder