Vidor vs. Angleton Predictions

Vidor will pound away and eat clock just as they have all year. Speed doesn't matter much between the tackles. This is the third round. No cupcakes left. All of the speed in the world won't help if you can't put it on the field. If Angleton can stop Vidor's ball control offense that would be a first this year. Turnovers are Angletons only shot at advancing. BTW stack the box and they'll get you over the top. They can throw the ball. Just don't have to very often.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="VP 93......" post="1123572" timestamp="1321720908"]
http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/matchup/Football/Varsity/Boys/

Vidor 28 Angleton 35...TBD

I like them not picking us.....

[/quote]
They changed their prediction.

It's now Vidor 34 Angleton 38.

Don't see Vidor giving up 38 unless it's late in the game and they are already in the 40's.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1127692" timestamp="1321998230"]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=91843.msg1123572#msg1123572 date=1321720908]

[/quote]

Don't see Vidor giving up 38 unless it's late in the game and they are already in the 40's.
[/quote]
I agree. And i do not see there defense holding our offense to 28 points. Heck i don't see there defense holding us to less than 40.

[quote name="vp32" post="1127708" timestamp="1321999232"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=91843.msg1127692#msg1127692 date=1321998230]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=91843.msg1123572#msg1123572 date=1321720908]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree. And i do not see there defense holding our offense to 28 points. Heck i don't see there defense holding us to less than 40.
[/quote]
not with a 4-2-5 they won't.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1127720" timestamp="1321999761"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91843.msg1127708#msg1127708 date=1321999232]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Yeah thats what i'm saying. Someone said something about them dropping one of there safeties and bringing him up but that won't do no good cuz if they do that too much we'll just send a streak out the side and it'll be one on one and Montgomery saw what happened when we did that last weekend.

[quote name="vp32" post="1127722" timestamp="1321999890"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=91843.msg1127720#msg1127720 date=1321999761]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Yeah thats what i'm saying. Someone said something about them dropping one of there safeties and bringing him up but that won't do no good cuz if they do that too much we'll just send a streak out the side and it'll be one on one and Montgomery saw what happened when we did that last weekend.
[/quote]
Trying to make last minute adjustments tends to lead to costly mistakes(Montgomery) and after that game, Angleton would be crazy to not respect the pass.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1127726" timestamp="1322000160"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91843.msg1127722#msg1127722 date=1321999890]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=91843.msg1127720#msg1127720 date=1321999761]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Trying to make last minute adjustments tends to lead to costly mistakes(Montgomery) and after that game, Angleton would be crazy to not respect the pass.
[/quote]
Yep.

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1127766" timestamp="1322001874"]
You guys keep underestimating the Angleton defense and you're going to fall right into the same trap you say everyone falls into underestimating your offense.  I've seen the film of you guys from your last three games and I like Angleton's odds.  Good luck to Vidor and I hope everyone stays healthy.
[/quote]
I'm not underestimating there defense. I'm sure they have a pretty good defense but no where near what we faced last game and they couldn't stop us so i like our odds.

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1127766" timestamp="1322001874"]
You guys keep underestimating the Angleton defense and you're going to fall right into the same trap you say everyone falls into underestimating your offense.  I've seen the film of you guys from your last three games and I like Angleton's odds.  Good luck to Vidor and I hope everyone stays healthy.
[/quote]Not underestimating your defense. Just sayin the 4-2-5 will be hard pressed to stop the wing T. And when you do adjust, contrary to popular opinion, Vidor can and will throw it on you. As stated before,"may it be a great,injury free,down to the last play,nerve wrecking game!" Although my nerves and voice are about shot. GO VIDOR!!!!!

Vidor-49 Angleton-38
Vidor keep doing the great things that got you here-ball control and throw some new kinks in like against Montgomery. Remember don't relax those guys are more explosive then Montgomery and keep the pressure on all 4 Qtrs. Good luck and Go Pirates this Bear fan supports you.

Well Angleton runs the wing T also, so the coaches from both schools should know how to defend it. Angleton throwns more out of the wing T, but overall they should know the basic fundamentals of both offenses. Angleton is somewhat in the same boat as Vidor in that they weren't expected to do much this year. After losing in the area round in '08 and '09, they were knocked out in bidistrict by Dawson last year. And with losing alot of seniors and starting over with a new coach and new scemes, it was supposed to be a rebuilding year. After this year, as long as Coach Rourk is the coach, there shouldn't be anymore rebuilding years at Angleton. Vidor was expected to come next to last in their district and look what they have done.
I just think a game like this with 2 good football teams, this game might come down to special teams play and who can make some big plays. Angleton has the edge in punt and kickoff returns, so that could be the difference. If Vidor runs that ball control offense then I don't see it being a high scoring game as that kind of offense kills the clock. IMO, If this game turns into a shootout, Angleton wins. Angleton thrives on a high pace game. If Vidor keeps it under 30, then they could be victorius.

Like ATWILDCAT said, Angleton also runs the wing t offense, and they do it well. As far as our defense is concerned, if Vidor tries to pass the ball, angleton will likely either turn it into negative yds by getting to thier QB and taking him down, (they have some 'speed' along with power on thier D too) or causing him to have to get rid of the ball sooner than he would like, which for the last twelve games has resulted in easy takeaways (and points on the board) for the cats. If your QB DOES decide to throw the ball, he'd better be able to do it very quickly. Even even if he gets the ball where he wants it, the odds are high that it's gonna get either knocked down or intercepted because our guys are normally really good at being wherever the ball is going before it ever gets there. Also contrary to what some believe, the cats play smashmouth ball. They can, and will hit you hard and often, which as we all know often results in a loss of (the opposing teams) ball control...It will be a darn good game for sure!
Oh.. BTW, went to the field house to get my tickets today. :) Was talking with the woman in the booth and she said some of your (Vidor) guys recently came down, snuck in, 8) and put thier flag up the AHS flagpole! Thats a long @$$ drive just for that! Good One! It's all in good fun! ;D

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1127859" timestamp="1322009515"]
Well Angleton runs the wing T also, so the coaches from both schools should know how to defend it. Angleton throwns more out of the wing T, but overall they should know the basic fundamentals of both offenses. Angleton is somewhat in the same boat as Vidor in that they weren't expected to do much this year. After losing in the area round in '08 and '09, they were knocked out in bidistrict by Dawson last year. And with losing alot of seniors and starting over with a new coach and new scemes, it was supposed to be a rebuilding year. After this year, as long as Coach Rourk is the coach, there shouldn't be anymore rebuilding years at Angleton. Vidor was expected to come next to last in their district and look what they have done.
I just think a game like this with 2 good football teams, this game might come down to special teams play and who can make some big plays. Angleton has the edge in punt and kickoff returns, so that could be the difference. If Vidor runs that ball control offense then I don't see it being a high scoring game as that kind of offense kills the clock. IMO, If this game turns into a shootout, Angleton wins. Angleton thrives on a high pace game. If Vidor keeps it under 30, then they could be victorius.
[/quote]Actually Vidor runs the slot t which is quite different;nevertheless, I think your outlook of the game is spot on. This game will be won in the turnover category.  Good luck to both teams!

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1127852" timestamp="1322008721"]
Vidor-49 Angleton-38
Vidor keep doing the great things that got you here-ball control and throw some new kinks in like against Montgomery. Remember don't relax those guys are more explosive then Montgomery and keep the pressure on all 4 Qtrs. Good luck and Go Pirates this Bear fan supports you.
[/quote]
Montgomery seemed pretty explosive to me. Down by 28 in the 4th and just like that, down by 7 and a chance to win. Most teams would have layed down but yall didn't. Hats off to ya. Hope Vidor/Montgomery becomes a regular match up. As far as Angleton goes, I doubt Vidor will let up even if they lead by 28 again with 2 minutes. It aint over until the last whistle blows. Montgomery proved this.

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="1127868" timestamp="1322010185"]
[quote author=ATWILDCAT link=topic=91843.msg1127859#msg1127859 date=1322009515]
[/quote]Actually[b] Vidor runs the slot t[/b] which is quite different;nevertheless, I think your outlook of the game is spot on. This game will be won in the turnover category.  Good luck to both teams!
[/quote]
You are right, I stand corrected. And I also agee, turnovers and penalties will decide this one, maybe early. Hope it goes to the wire! Good luck to all and have safe trips to and from.

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1127864" timestamp="1322009927"]
Like ATWILDCAT said, Angleton also runs the wing t offense, and they do it well. As far as our defense is concerned, if Vidor tries to pass the ball, angleton will likely either turn it into negative yds by getting to thier QB and taking him down, (they have some 'speed' along with power on thier D too) or causing him to have to get rid of the ball sooner than he would like, which for the last twelve games has resulted in easy takeaways (and points on the board) for the cats. If your QB DOES decide to throw the ball, he'd better be able to do it very quickly. Even even if he gets the ball where he wants it, the odds are high that it's gonna get either knocked down or intercepted because our guys are normally really good at being wherever the ball is going before it ever gets there. Also contrary to what some believe, the cats play smashmouth ball. They can, and will hit you hard and often, which as we all know often results in a loss of (the opposing teams) ball control...It will be a darn good game for sure!
Oh.. BTW, went to the field house to get my tickets today. :) Was talking with the woman in the booth and she said some of your (Vidor) guys recently came down, snuck in, 8) and put thier flag up the AHS flagpole! Thats a long @$$ drive just for that! Good One! It's all in good fun! ;D
[/quote]

That flag was lowered to half mast for practice!

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1127905" timestamp="1322012836"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=91843.msg1127864#msg1127864 date=1322009927]
[/quote]

[/quote]
LMAO!!! I'm sorry Vidor, but that is a long drive(through Houston no doubt) just to hang a flag. But, at least it was a clean act. When I played, our rivals vandalized the press box and burnt their school name at the 50 yrd line with diesel and then lit it.

Ha Ha!! It's all good! Which ever team wins this one will DEFINITELY deserve to be the winner of this game. Lets just PRAY that we have officials that know what the heck they are doing! I've seen a lot of BAAAD calls this season - some against, some in our favor....Hopefully, every call this week will be a correct one. GO CATS, GO! Lets sink the Pirate's ship! Vidor fans; don't forget your life vests! LOL!  :D

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1127928" timestamp="1322015075"]
Ha Ha!! It's all good! Which ever team wins this one will DEFINITELY deserve to be the winner of this game. [b]Lets just PRAY that we have officials that know what the heck they are doing[/b]! I've seen a lot of BAAAD calls this season - some against, some in our favor....Hopefully, every call this week will be a correct one. GO CATS, GO! Lets sink the Pirate's ship! Vidor fans; don't forget your life vests! LOL!  :D
[/quote]
You hit that nail on the head. 20-4A has seen some real bad officiating and it relates more to no calls because the refs are too busy watching the game and not their assigned area. I actually saw a ref talking to a coach on the sideline this year during a play. Result-missed holding call-TD IN OUR FAVOR.

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1127928" timestamp="1322015075"]
Ha Ha!! It's all good! Which ever team wins this one will DEFINITELY deserve to be the winner of this game. [size=10pt][b]Lets just PRAY that we have officials that know what the heck they are doing![/b][/size] I've seen a lot of BAAAD calls this season - some against, some in our favor....Hopefully, every call this week will be a correct one. GO CATS, GO! Lets sink the Pirate's ship! Vidor fans; don't forget your life vests! LOL!  :D
[/quote]
I'll second that. I know how you feel with the bad refs thing.

[move][size=36pt][b]G[color=yellow]O[/color] P[color=yellow]I[/color]R[color=yellow]A[/color]T[color=yellow]E[/color]S[color=yellow]![/color]![color=yellow]![/color]![color=yellow]![/color]![color=yellow]![/color]![color=yellow]![/color] A[color=yellow]N[/color]N[color=yellow]I[/color]H[color=yellow]I[/color]L[color=yellow]A[/color]T[color=yellow]E[/color] A[color=yellow]N[/color]G[color=yellow]L[/color]E[color=yellow]T[/color]O[color=yellow]N[/color]![color=yellow]![/color]![color=yellow]![/color]![color=yellow]![/color]![/b][/size][/move]

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1127905" timestamp="1322012836"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=91843.msg1127864#msg1127864 date=1322009927]
[/quote]

[/quote]
LOL!! Yeah, I heard they were talking about neatly folding it, and then giving it back to the Pirates after the game is over. (once we've won, of course!) BOOM! ;D

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1127941" timestamp="1322015632"]
[quote author=Bulldogs2011 link=topic=91843.msg1127905#msg1127905 date=1322012836]
[/quote]

[/quote]
LOL!! Yeah, I heard they were talking about neatly folding it, and then giving it back to the Pirates after the game is over. ([s]once we've won, of course![/s]) BOOM! ;D
[/quote]
Giving it back to us so we could hang it on the next school we are about to beat.  8)

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1127941" timestamp="1322015632"]
[quote author=Bulldogs2011 link=topic=91843.msg1127905#msg1127905 date=1322012836]
[/quote]

[/quote]
LOL!! Yeah, I heard they were talking about neatly folding it, and then giving it back to the Pirates after the game is over. (once we've won, of course!) BOOM! ;D
[/quote]
Question is, will they give it back after they lose?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86