COLDSPRING-OAKHURST VS. BELLVILLE/CS wins in OT!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonnna tell u something right now Bellville is a really good football team.  They could easily have been a quarter final or semi final team.  Very well coached team.  With that said we were just a touch better tonight.  We are gonna get the offense fixed.  I noticed some of the linemen were moved around.  So once that group gets it going we should be alright.  We just faced two of the toughest teams in our region and came out with tough wins.  The defense is playing great and that is what wins championships.  If we make it back to Dallas we can look back at these two games and say how much they really helped us improve. 

Wow what a game...CS is going to have to clean some stuff up (penalty wise and redzone execution) if they want to make another run at a state title...

Defense looks state title worthy...Offense is going to have to regroup and find their groove again if they're going to take advantage of their great D....

Congrats Trojans on another hard fought victory!

Great game Trojans.  I will the take the W anyway it comes. Hopefully we can get everyone healthy this week going forward. Last week was the D that won the game. This week was the D and special teams. GREAT game! Day by Day we live to see another round! THANKS FOR GIVING US FANS SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO AND TALK ABOUT!!  WE ARE BEHIND YOU 1000%  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!

Looking back at the play-by-play on here. Coldspring attempted a 42-yard field goal late in the 4th quarter. It hit the crossbar and bounced back short. That was the first 40 yarder attempted by the Trojans since Moses kicked one over the Red Sea. I think it was Coach Morrisons' son that kicked it and it looked good all the way. Tooties' punt return was amazing, he picked up a short hop on the run at full speed, broke a few tackles and was gone. He is going to be special when Sherm is done.

Great game by both teams, i think these last 2 games have shown the resiliency of this team, D looked outstanding, offensively we need to figure out how to move the ball effeciently with the constant blitz packages we are seeing, like to give a shout out to my bros #42 Colt Wilson and #7 JT Wilson awsome game from the Cali boys

[quote name="Socrates" post="1124871" timestamp="1321754874"]
Looking back at the play-by-play on here. Coldspring attempted a 42-yard field goal late in the 4th quarter. It hit the crossbar and bounced back short. That was the first 40 yarder attempted by the Trojans since Moses kicked one over the Red Sea. I think it was Coach Morrisons' son that kicked it and it looked good all the way. Tooties' punt return was amazing, he picked up a short hop on the run at full speed, broke a few tackles and was gone. He is going to be special when Sherm is done.
[/quote]

That was The Morrison kid that missed the fg. Cs has another kid that can go 45 they haven't given him the chance to do it. He made a 40 with a peewee football off the ground playing around a couple weeks ago. I give Morrison props for the effort on the kick. I know it's hard when it's not something worked on everyday. The Harrison kid and Pj did a great job on d for cs. Bellville had a great football team and those kids need to keep their heads up. That was one of my top 5 games I had ever seen played.

That field goal attempt was very impressive.  Before the kick I was thinking really were gonna try a 42 yarder.  Most of the time we can't even get the extra point.  If he had been a yard or two closer it would have been good.  Hats off to Bellville also.  That was a very good team and we were fortunate to make it out with a win. 

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1125381" timestamp="1321805188"]
That field goal attempt was very impressive.  Before the kick I was thinking really were gonna try a 42 yarder.  Most of the time we can't even get the extra point.  If he had been a yard or two closer it would have been good.  Hats off to Bellville also.  That was a very good team and we were fortunate to make it out with a win.
[/quote]

I, too was impressed with that field goal attempt considering we have never had a kicker of that caliber. As far as I know, the Morrison kid played JV this year and was moved up only recently for the playoffs. Considering the pressure and all, I thought it was a good kick and I hope with experience; his confidence will increase.

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1125381" timestamp="1321805188"]
Most of the time we can't even get the extra point.  If he had been a yard or two closer it would have been good. [/quote]

Actually Dunham had been pretty consistent before he got his leg taken out by a Cleveland player late in the year on a PAT...Now he seems to be much more hit or miss...The lone PAT try against BC the week before was absolutely hammered and perfect...The FG later in the game was another story...And then this week he didn't kick either PAT very well...The one he did make barely made it over...It's just a guess on my part but I bet the knee has something to do with it...

On the long FG attempt I was told that the kicker (Morrison) wanted the ball spotted 8 yards back instead of the usual 7 possibly because he was worried about not having enough time/room to get it off...As it turned out the extra yard was most likely the difference in it being no good...

I was very impressed with the kick...I didn't think it would be anywhere close due to the game situation, nerves, etc, but I must admit I was very wrong...He kicked the heck out of it and but for a couple of inches it would've been good....

It was just another twist that made that game one of the best games I've seen in person at the highschool level...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder