Junior Mid-County Madness

Gusher

This Saturday, 11-19-11 at Port Neches High School Stadium, the selected All-Stars from Nederland and Port Neches-Groves will face-off in a friendly but spirited contest in each of the four divisions (flag, peewee, junior, & senior). Come out and see some great football action.

Sorry I do not have the start times for each game.
Flag-
Pee Wee-
Junior-
Senior-2:30PM

[quote name="bigdogs" post="1119013" timestamp="1321386730"]
Game times for the Junior Mid-County Madness are as follows:

Flag--9:00am
Pee Wee--10:30am
Junior--12:30pm
Senior--2:30pm

There will be a gate fee.  It is same as the STJFL Playoffs. 
Adults $3
Students $2
5 and under free
[/quote]

Will the video guy be there?

[quote name="One4All" post="1119083" timestamp="1321389852"]
That's not what he asked Scalp'em
[/quote]
I don't have the answer for you or him. It's above my pay grade. Call and ask the league President. We do what our league says to do. I don't really think it matters, but maybe it does to a couple of you. Ya'll making an issue out of nothing. Heck get your kids together and play another community.

[quote name="Ochocinco" post="1119116" timestamp="1321391215"]
They shouldn't be allowed to participate in the playoffs, or be elgible to play in Superbowls if their players or coaches won't do Pro Bowls. Just play your Mid Madness Game the same wknd
[/quote]

If that was the case then I guess your peewee team would've made the Super Bowl. Sounds like you have PNG envy. Take your semi-final appearance and be happy. ;D

[quote name="Ochocinco" post="1119116" timestamp="1321391215"]
They shouldn't be allowed to participate in the playoffs, or be elgible to play in Superbowls if their players or coaches won't do Pro Bowls. Just play your Mid Madness Game the same wknd
[/quote]

Ocho go to bed, it's past your bedtime! You got a vocabulary test tomorrow young man!!

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1119238" timestamp="1321398477"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=91606.msg1119083#msg1119083 date=1321389852]
That's not what he asked Scalp'em
[/quote]
I don't have the answer for you or him. It's above my pay grade. Call and ask the league President. We do what our league says to do. I don't really think it matters, but maybe it does to a couple of you. Ya'll making an issue out of nothing. Heck get your kids together and play another community.
[/quote]

I'm with Scalp'em.......them not playing in the probowl gives more kids from other towns a chance to play in the bowl.. (when they might not have IF they played).......

I will answer all your questions. The Junior Mid County Madness has been played for 7 years (started in 2005). When this game started, the pro-bowl was not played or even thought of. The STJFL used have consolation games in each division from the losers from the semi final games. They would play before that age group's Superbowl game. The problem with consolation games that losing teams did not want to play an extra game the following wekend, they wanted to hunt or whatever they wanted to do. So I proposed the probowl games, it took a couple of years for the all the board members to buy into it.

So, the Jr MCM games were started to give the mid county teams an extra game and take part in the rivalry tradition between Nederland and PNG. The entire community gives this event a lot of support.

I know in the past some kids from PNG and Nederland played both, but if they dont thst should free up more spots for other cities to add kids. That has always a been a big hang up with some of the teams, some want more players or question how the selection process goes. I hope this answers all your question. Also hope the Jr MCM games continues and the STJFL continues with the probowls. It is a win win for both.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1122364" timestamp="1321665732"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=91606.msg1119127#msg1119127 date=1321391559]
Stjfl should come 1st
[/quote]
I guess my post was good enough... no more replies
[/quote]
Ned flag won, twenty-something-0 I think. PNG PeeWee won 28-0. What about Junior and Senior?

Congratulations to the winners of the 2011 Junior Mid-County Madness.

Flag Division-Nederland
Pee Wee Division-PNG
Junior Division-PNG
Senior Division-Nederland

This was a great event.  These All-stars played great.  A wonderful way to bring these two communities together.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder