**21-3A Coaches All-District Team**

Guest bleed orange

I agree cat22, Dishon may be the better athlete but he was not the better quaterback. This same subject came up in the girls basketball picks last year and I argued with Bigred75. Now I am starting to change my thinking. Do the coaches even look at stats? Apparently not. Dishon deserved something because he was awesome but not quaterback. Not over Ramsey.

Doesn't really surprise me, we seem to get ripped off every year. Last year we had a kid lead the district in interceptions at corner and he didn't make the first or second team. To me this is even more of a slap in the face than that. You have a three year starter that put up some incredible numbers this year and he's no where on the list. TWENTY EIGHT TOUCHDOWNS and your not on the list!!! I'll agree that Dishon is a once in a lifetime type athlete, but heck he played tailback about as much as he did QB against us. Something is seriously wrong with this picture!!!

Guest bleed orange

This is not about the Dishon kid, it is about the coaches that pick the selections. The kid from BC does not have to worry about all district picks in football, he has a scholarship in baseball. That proves he is a standout kid and I hope he takes advantage of the oppurtunity given to him to make him successful, not in sports but in life. But sports will give him that chance which is awesome. Again this has nothing to do with Bridge City, the people of Orangefield respect them as they do us. Our kids play together in little league. We are friends. I just don't understand the coaches sometime. The Ramsey kid was done an injustice.

HF got to see both players up close this year. We beat OF and lost to BC. Ramsey didn't have his best game against us but he has good stats. Dishon is nice but he is a natural RB. But you have to put him on the list somewhere because he is a playmaker and one of the best players in the area! How about they put an athlete position on the district deal? I'm not sure if they do it at for the all-state level but kids are ranked by colleges as athletes with no one position. Congrats to the HF players who were all district selections! especially my soph guys :)

By the numbers:

Total all district picks

Silsbee 20

WOS 19

Kirbyville 11

BC 8

Jasper 3

Orangefield 4

HF 6

HJ 4

returning all district picks for next year

WOS 7

Silsbee 5

Kirbyville 5

BC 1

Jasper 0

Orangefield 0

HF 3

HJ 1

Only 2 players made first team offense and defense, MVP Earl Thomas-WOS and Ahmad Jones-Silsbee.

3 players made first team and second team. They are B.K. Johnson-Silsbee 2nd team offense, 1st team defense; Jacoby Franks-WOS 1st team offense, 2nd team defense; and Dominick Rhodes-WOS 2nd team offense, 1st team defense.

Congrats to all of the players chosen.

look at who got the most all district picks...all three made the playoffs and followed by the 4th place team bc and then so on. our coaches tell us every year that if you are a true team then individual accolades will take care of themselves, and that the teams that make the playoffs and the team that wins district normally gets most of the picks and then so on down the line as teams records are worse and worse. it might not be right in this case because i think ramsey is way past worthy of recognition, but dishon was the man for bc, w/out him we might be 2-8, and has to have his name somewhere on that list. imo hes deffinately in that first team secondary. and i think david blackshear is one of the top d-lineman in the district. but we didnt get the job done and to all those snubs out there like it or not this is how it goes

Guest bleed orange

Cardnial8107 I like you. That is a very mature post for a young man. I agree with you totaly. I am still upset for brett because he is such a good kid. But like someone else said, its what you do in life not how many patches you have on your jacket. But bcrunningback08 does not have a clue. Just to let you know I am not bashing BC or the dishon kid. I have alot of respect for both. I just hurt for Brett. But really he more than likely could care less.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder