A different perspective on Barbers Hill

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan
Just a few years ago BH moved up to 4A due to the phenominal growth in West Chambers Co. The Eagles always fought hard in every game but struggled at times. Now, BH goes 9-1 and is the District 19 4A Champions. Think about that!

Last night, BH pushed (arguably) the most athletic team in SETX to the brink. This game went down to the wire and could have easily gone either way.

BH will continue to improve, and with the new coach getting his program fully established along with the continuing growth, BH's future looks very bright. Scoff or hate on 'em if you want to, but thats just the truth of it.

BH is a great school and community, and the BH Eagles are a class act from the ground up. I am proud to support our neighbors from West Chambers Co!     

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, you have not been to many BH sporting events from youth to high school. Something in the water there changes people when they move there. I love the way they come out and support their teams but they absolutley have this superior attitude or status because they live there. Nice to proud of where you live but never forget where you came from! So many "move ins" over the last 10 years have forgotten where they came from. IMO! They complain about every play, every call that does not go their way. Excuses made for everything not going there way. They had an excellent team and they should be proud but they were bound to get beat by a "just as discplined and more athletic team".

They had an excellent coach before this coach arrived. He came with an excellent resume and many were ready to run him out of town after the first loss to Dayton last year. These kids play hard, tough, disciplined football without many of the natural athletes of other schools. IMO, Price would do well at GCM with his system. Just an opinion...

For the BH players kudos for putting up a good effort last night.Game of inches and in the last 1/2 min of the game victory was on the finger tips of #10's hands in the end zone to seal the deal for da hill.Both bands were excellant last night.Big Thanks for the tribute to each branch of our military w/band playing each branches song.Every vet there stood as their perspective fighting units were announced.You kids are awesome and I was moved by the gesture of appreciation,Thanks for the Memories I cherish your time to entertain us ;)

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1114927" timestamp="1321121133"]
Yes, that Military salute by BH was awesome. It stirred the American soul. Too bad many folks here are blind to what BH is really about.
[/quote]

BH is a group of small communities just like every other school in Texas.  To begin to raise BH to some sort of mythical level is ludicris at best and dangerous at it's worse.  Setting them up for a same crash like at State College, Pennsylvania.....

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1114927" timestamp="1321121133"]
Yes, that Military salute by BH was awesome. It stirred the American soul. Too bad many folks here are blind to what BH is really about.
[/quote]

No, we are not blind - we just see some of the posters on here and their attitudes and statements. No, 10 people don't make it bad for the BH as a whole and trust me the smack talk is for them. Taking the good and the bad....

[quote name="cbear4" post="1114822" timestamp="1321115980"]
Obviously, you have not been to many BH sporting events from youth to high school. Something in the water there changes people when they move there. I love the way they come out and support their teams but they absolutley have this superior attitude or status because they live there. Nice to proud of where you live but never forget where you came from! So many "move ins" over the last 10 years have forgotten where they came from. IMO! They complain about every play, every call that does not go their way. Excuses made for everything not going there way. They had an excellent team and they should be proud but they were bound to get beat by a "just as discplined and more athletic team".

They had an excellent coach before this coach arrived. He came with an excellent resume and many were ready to run him out of town after the first loss to Dayton last year. These kids play hard, tough, disciplined football without many of the natural athletes of other schools. IMO, Price would do well at GCM with his system. Just an opinion...
[/quote]

I love my Eagles and always will, but I have to agree on most points. Things are different out here than when I played back in the cave man days. I love that our town supports our teams, but they have an unreal expectation of what our players are capable of. We have some talent, but nothing compared to Ozens QB. Most teams we play have more skilled position talent than we do...it's just the facts of life. Why can't folks see that, but they don't. Example: My son was playing flag football years ago in the 1st or 2nd grade. I over heard a father telling a lady that some of these boys are good enough to play Pro ball someday...what? You can't know that in the 1st or 2nd grade only playing flag ball...I was floored!! I hear stuff similar to that kind of thinking all the time. We have just enough talent to go one or two rounds in the playoffs, then we are just out matched. Thats ok though, many team never get that...it's saying something if you can do that consistently. We ran off Price because we thought we should win a State Championship...come on folks. Now we got the coaching gawd Ronnie Gage and what happens, with some of the best talent we've had since 2006, maybe since 1999, we are one and done. I guess we need to fire him and bring in the next coaching great. Not trying to be unloyal to my community...I just don't understand some of our people. There is an unreal expectation around here...my god I would love for us to win a State Title too, and it will happen again someday, but we have a long way to go.

I'm proud of our kids!! They played the hound out of a much more talented team, and almost pulled it out. If I were an Ozen fan I would be real concerned about your defense, its not good...Yall need to start preparing for basketball a week from now. We moved the ball, with a couple exceptions, at will. Your facing a team this week that is strong on both sides of the ball...doesn't playin your favor.

So I'm proud of our kids, they have nothing to hang their heads about. Our fans on the other hand need to come back to reality. Still love my Eagles!!!!

Guest inadmissible
Is Barbers Hill better than everyone else? Well so far in district 19 they are. Let's not forget they won a district every fall sport this year.  Football,  Volleyball,  Team Tennis and boys and girls cross country.  I'd  say that's a special place.  And they have done this for the better part of tree last ten years.  How many schools can say that?  Winning tradition in every sport!

[quote name="SFA85" post="1114948" timestamp="1321121866"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=91424.msg1114927#msg1114927 date=1321121133]
[/quote]

BH is a group of small communities just like every other school in Texas.  To begin to raise BH to some sort of mythical level is ludicris at best and dangerous at it's worse.  Setting them up for a same crash like at State College, Pennsylvania.....
[/quote

:o

[quote name="Inadmissible" post="1114995" timestamp="1321124028"]
Is Barbers Hill better than everyone else? Well so far in district 19 they are. Let's not forget they won a district every fall sport this year.  Football,  Volleyball,  Team Tennis and boys and girls cross country.  I'd  say that's a special place.  And they have done this for the better part of tree last ten years.  How many schools can say that?  Winning tradition in every sport!
[/quote]

Good comment!!!

We live across 3180 from BH but I'm PNG from birth. Went to the game last night to pull for Ozen (gotta support the GT and 20-4A!) and honestly, there was so much taunting by the BH players at the start of the game that went overlooked by the officials, it soured me to ever thinking about supporting BH. Clean up the attitude and maybe there won't be so much hating on you... I know, I know. A lot of folks think PNG is attitude rolled up in purple and white, but we respect our district and support which ever team(s) make it into the playoffs, be it our own or any others! Dayton fans were at Vidor pulling for the Pirates and on the Ozen side last night pulling for the Panthers. I even read where some Dayton fans thanked Ozen for beating yall. Treat your own district with some respect, as well! It will serve you well....

[quote name="NDNette4life" post="1115003" timestamp="1321124471"]
We live across 3180 from BH but I'm PNG from birth. Went to the game last night to pull for Ozen (gotta support the GT and 20-4A!) and honestly, there was so much taunting by the BH players at the start of the game that went overlooked by the officials, it soured me to ever thinking about supporting BH. Clean up the attitude and maybe there won't be so much hating on you... I know, I know. A lot of folks think PNG is attitude rolled up in purple and white, but we respect our district and support which ever team(s) make it into the playoffs, be it our own or any others! Dayton fans were at Vidor pulling for the Pirates and on the Ozen side last night pulling for the Panthers. I even read where some Dayton fans thanked Ozen for beating yall. Treat your own district with some respect, as well! It will serve you well....
[/quote]    Well said

[quote name="NDNette4life" post="1115003" timestamp="1321124471"]
We live across 3180 from BH but I'm PNG from birth. Went to the game last night to pull for Ozen (gotta support the GT and 20-4A!) and honestly, there was so much taunting by the BH players at the start of the game that went overlooked by the officials, it soured me to ever thinking about supporting BH. Clean up the attitude and maybe there won't be so much hating on you... I know, I know. A lot of folks think PNG is attitude rolled up in purple and white, but we respect our district and support which ever team(s) make it into the playoffs, be it our own or any others! [b]Dayton fans were at Vidor pulling for the Pirates and on the Ozen side last night pulling for the Panthers. I even read where some Dayton fans thanked Ozen for beating yall. Treat your own district with some respect, as well! It will serve you well....[/b]
[/quote]
Just because a team is from your "district" doesnt mean you have to pull for em. Yeah you could come on here and say my district is tougher than yours but the bottom line is you pull for "your" team. He11 the OZEN fans I was sitting with last night were saying they hope DA BRONX spank PNG. I understand respect but the respect is givin when your lined up on da field not posting on a thread.....IMO  ;D

BH34 your post was too long to quote in its entirety but your assessment of Ozen's defense leaves me with one question.  If your basing that on the fact BH was able to move the ball effectively, then are ou also saying that BH's offense is not good? Just curious....

[quote name="bh34" post="1114985" timestamp="1321123298"]
[quote author=cbear4 link=topic=91424.msg1114822#msg date=1321115980]

[/quote]

I love my Eagles and always will, but I have to agree on most points. Things are different out here than when I played back in the cave man days. I love that our town supports our teams, but they have an unreal expectation of what our players are capable of. We have some talent, but nothing compared to Ozens QB. Most teams we play have more skilled position talent than we do...it's just the facts of life. Why can't folks see that, but they don't. Example: My son was playing flag football years ago in the 1st or 2nd grade. I over heard a father telling a lady that some of these boys are good enough to play Pro ball someday...what? You can't know that in the 1st or 2nd grade only playing flag ball...I was floored!! I hear stuff similar to that kind of thinking all the time. We have just enough talent to go one or two rounds in the playoffs, then we are just out matched. Thats ok though, many team never get that...it's saying something if you can do that consistently. We ran off Price because we thought we should win a State Championship...come on folks. Now we got the coaching gawd Ronnie Gage and what happens, with some of the best talent we've had since 2006, maybe since 1999, we are one and done. I guess we need to fire him and bring in the next coaching great. Not trying to be unloyal to my community...I just don't understand some of our people. There is an unreal expectation around here...my god I would love for us to win a State Title too, and it will happen again someday, but we have a long way to go.

I'm proud of our kids!! They played the hound out of a much more talented team, and almost pulled it out. If I were an Ozen fan I would be real concerned about your defense, its not good...Yall need to start preparing for basketball a week from now. We moved the ball, with a couple exceptions, at will. Your facing a team this week that is strong on both sides of the ball...doesn't playin your favor.

So I'm proud of our kids, they have nothing to hang their heads about. Our fans on the other hand need to come back to reality. Still love my Eagles!!!!
[/quote]Ozen's defense is not that good? Newsflash. Ozen is a 4th seeded team. They barely made the playoffs.  You should have beat this team easily on paper, but yoy didn't. Don't try to justify your loss or start mud slinging at Ozen by talking about their defense.  Their defense did good enough to win and stop drives. Give them and their defense props.  Wish them luck.  They actually stand a chance of beating Bernham, not getting ready for basketball season.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1114674" timestamp="1321111028"]
Just a few years ago BH moved up to 4A due to the phenominal growth in West Chambers Co. The Eagles always fought hard in every game but struggled at times. Now, BH goes 9-1 and is the District 19 4A Champions. Think about that! [/quote]

Southlake Carroll moved up from 4A to 5A and won a state title year one.
Others who have moved up and done well early on:
Smithson Valley
Denton Guyer
Cibolo Steele
Aledo
I am sure I could go on. Point being BH has been 4A for more than a FEW years. Been going on six or seven years now and have yet to win a 4A football playoff game, yet to read their posts you would think they were 4A kings. Especially the way they downgrade everyone else. Making the playoffs in this era is not that big a deal. Winning once you get there is!

[quote name="badndn" post="1115067" timestamp="1321127052"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=91424.msg1114674#msg1114674 date=1321111028]
Just a few years ago BH moved up to 4A due to the phenominal growth in West Chambers Co. The Eagles always fought hard in every game but struggled at times. Now, BH goes 9-1 and is the District 19 4A Champions. Think about that! [/quote]

Southlake Carroll moved up from 4A to 5A and won a state title year one.
Others who have moved up and done well early on:
Smithson Valley
Denton Guyer
Cibolo Steele
Aledo
I am sure I could go on. Point being BH has been 4A for more than a FEW years. Been going on six or seven years now and have yet to win a 4A football playoff game, yet to read their posts you would think they were 4A kings. Especially the way they downgrade everyone else. Making the playoffs in this era is not that big a deal. Winning once you get there is!
[/quote]

Good post + karma

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1115035" timestamp="1321126154"]
[quote author=NDNette4life link=topic=91424.msg1115003#msg1115003 date=1321124471]
We live across 3180 from BH but I'm PNG from birth. Went to the game last night to pull for Ozen (gotta support the GT and 20-4A!) and honestly, there was so much taunting by the BH players at the start of the game that went overlooked by the officials, it soured me to ever thinking about supporting BH. Clean up the attitude and maybe there won't be so much hating on you... I know, I know. A lot of folks think PNG is attitude rolled up in purple and white, but we respect our district and support which ever team(s) make it into the playoffs, be it our own or any others! [b]Dayton fans were at Vidor pulling for the Pirates and on the Ozen side last night pulling for the Panthers. I even read where some Dayton fans thanked Ozen for beating yall. Treat your own district with some respect, as well! It will serve you well....[/b]
[/quote]
Just because a team is from your "district" doesnt mean you have to pull for em. Yeah you could come on here and say my district is tougher than yours but the bottom line is you pull for "your" team. He11 the OZEN fans I was sitting with last night were saying they hope DA BRONX spank PNG. I understand respect but the respect is givin when your lined up on da field not posting on a thread.....IMO  ;D
[/quote]

First of all, respect your district was directed at BH, not you. Its obvious the other 19-4A teams don't respect BH. Second, the Ozen fans we were sitting with thanked us for supporting them and wished us luck for tonight. Third, I think from my hoarse voice, I supported Ozen just fine. I do support my Indians when we're in district play and I choose to support our district when we're in bi-district. And so forth, up the chain. Respect is given when you put feet to your words. Not just on the field. IMO....

Ozens defense was good enough last night to beat the 19 4A District Champs!
Brenham gets respect because they earn it! Hint...Hint...Ozen may not beat Brenham, but they will not be a push over either. They will give Brenham more trouble than the Hill would have because they have the athletes to matchup and run a mutlidimensional offense that can score quickly and can make Chicken Salad out of Chicken poop when things break down.

In response to the original post on this thread, I shy away from generalizing an entire community based on a small portion of its residents.  However, the exchanges that I have seen from many of the BH posters, pre/post game do not compell me to relocate to BH ;).  The truth is BH is an up and coming program and played a great game last night.  Prior to the game according to the posts they were the greatest thing since central AC and could not beaten by anyone east of exit 800.  I'm sure there are great people there, good kids, everyone greets everyone with a hug and fresh baked muffins etc.  The problem is, for the most part we've witnessed posts and the ugly actions of those that you say are the minority,  Which makes it difficult to ignore.  Just saying....

[quote name="NDNette4life" post="1115075" timestamp="1321127270"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=91424.msg1115035#msg1115035 date=1321126154]
[quote author=NDNette4life link=topic=91424.msg1115003#msg1115003 date=1321124471]
[/quote]
[/quote]

First of all, respect your district was directed at BH, not you. Its obvious the other 19-4A teams don't respect BH. Second, the Ozen fans we were sitting with thanked us for supporting them and wished us luck for tonight. Third, I think from my hoarse voice, I supported Ozen just fine. I do support my Indians when we're in district play and [b]I choose[/b] to support our district when we're in bi-district. And so forth, up the chain. Respect is given when you put feet to your words. Not just on the field. IMO....
[/quote]
Key words  ;) Wasnt sayin "your opinion" was wrong just sayin there are other opinions  ;D Go BH/GCM/CROS.............Oh maybe I'm a little late ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin