SILSBEE VS. HUFFMAN HARGRAVE BROADCAST/HUFFMAN WINS 19-14!

WOSgrad

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few quick stats:

1    2    3  4      T
Silsbee    0  14  0  0    14
Huffman  10  3    0  6    19

[b]Silsbee [/b]                      [b]Huffman[/b]
[u]Passing[/u]
Drake    6-24-58-0-0  Townley  20-33-250-0-2
[u]Rushing[/u]
Spearman  7-19          Gray        17-85
Turk        10-19        Williams    4-33
Gaines      2-11          Townley    4-10
Drake        4- -19        McCloskey  4-10
                                  Rohdes      2-5
                                Harrell      1-7
  26-30  1.2 ypr            31-150 4.8 ypr
[u]Recieving[/u]
Turk        3-25            Gray        6-74
Gaines    1-15            Harrell      5-83
Spearman 1-9            Hardy      5-65
Barnes      1-9            McCloskey 4-28
      4            First Downs      17
    4-37.8      Punts            2-41
      0            Turnovers        3
  2-12 17%    3rd Down    7-15 47%
  0-6 0%        4th Down    1-3 33%
  2-2              [i]PAT [/i]            1-3
  2-2              One Point    0-1
  0-0              Two Point    0-1
  0-0              Field Goal    2-2 34,35
      6              TOD            2
    6-33 yds      Penalties    11-90 yds
    19:54          TOP          28:06

[b]INT[/b]
JK Keerfer, Colby Jenkins
[b]Fumble Rec.[/b]
Coy Bird 

Thanks Bad Santa. O LINE had its struggles tonight and our D kept us in the game but we squeaked one out. We won the game but MUCH respect for Silsbee. I appreciate a hard fought battle win or lose. After watching the Navasota game Friday night, we might outta throw about 25 screens and YES run #5 Mr. D Gray 25-30 times.
Going to church! Got Vidor on my list for special prayers.....Anyone else?

[quote name="bambam33" post="1116646" timestamp="1321198375"]
Going to church! Got Vidor on my list for special prayers.....Anyone else?
[/quote]

#8 Monroe (RB & SS) from Coldspring...Left game right before halftime after taking a monster hit (on one of his carries) from a BC player...Spent a few hours in hospital in Baytown before being released...Probably just concussion and neck sprain...

I'd also be remiss if I didn't remember to add Coldspring's starting free safety #12 Jay Trapp who actually broke his neck last week on senior night making a hit against a Liberty player...He's in a halo now but is facing several long months ahead...

Thankfully, the broken neck was the extent of his injuries because if the bone had of broke in a different manner or direction he wouldn't be walking...I know under the circumstances his family feels very, very blessed and believe angels were watching over him...

Well, it wasn't the 42-7, 35-14 Huffman win that most Falcon fans predicted, but most importantly it was a win. Congrats Huffman on the victory. You played very well. Good luck next week against Navasota.

Silsbee's defense played very well, well enough to win, and almost did. Silsbee's offense on the other hand, played bad enough to have lost by 35, not 5. Silsbee's defense did indeed have more return yards (69 and 41 yard INT returns, 110 yards) than what the Silsbee offense had (97 yards total). I was really hoping JK would have scored on the INT return! Just a bad, bad, bad night for the Tiger offense. Credit to the Huffman defense for making some plays, but the Tiger offense missed several opportunities, particularly in the 3rd and 4th quarters, to put this game away.

Congrats Tigers on another playoff season. Congrats to the Seniors.

To Silsbee senior LB JK Keefer, I have really enjoyed watching you play these past 4 seasons. You truly were the heart and soul of this team. Not too many times you get to see a young man play 4 years on varsity, all as the starting inside linebacker. You had a great high school career and looking forward to keeping up with you at the next level. Congrats JK, wish you well!!

[b]Horn[/b].....A clean,very hard football hit or pancake.  The one that makes the Dads go.. Thats my boy! and the Moms go.... ohhhh my gosh is my baby boy ok? And the crowd eeeeewwww! 

It is the Mean N Nasty Tiger that gets to wear the one and only manly Viking Helment of manlyville.

Horn winers this year (not in order)....I hope I remember them all.

Bryan Adams LB
JK Keefer LB
Garrett Drake S
Bret Treatway OL
Mike Davis OL
Carl Elers LB
Zack Rashel OL.....got it for playing with a fractured leg.

This weeks winner......

JK Keefer.....His hit on Huffmans awsome and talented #8 or #5.  Caught him in the backfield near Huffmans sideline.  Good Clean, Manly, Hard Hit!

[b]FEAR THE HORN[/b]!  ;D

Guest beechnut
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1116706" timestamp="1321202205"]
Well, it wasn't the 42-7, 35-14 Huffman win that most Falcon fans predicted, but most importantly it was a win. Congrats Huffman on the victory. You played very well. Good luck next week against Navasota.

Silsbee's defense played very well, well enough to win, and almost did. Silsbee's offense on the other hand, played bad enough to have lost by 35, not 5. Silsbee's defense did indeed have more return yards (69 and 41 yard INT returns, 110 yards) than what the Silsbee offense had (97 yards total). I was really hoping JK would have scored on the INT return! Just a bad, bad, bad night for the Tiger offense. Credit to the Huffman defense for making some plays, but the Tiger offense missed several opportunities, particularly in the 3rd and 4th quarters, to put this game away.

Congrats Tigers on another playoff season. Congrats to the Seniors.

To Silsbee senior LB JK Keefer, I have really enjoyed watching you play these past 4 seasons. You truly were the heart and soul of this team. Not too many times you get to see a young man play 4 years on varsity, all as the starting inside linebacker. You had a great high school career and looking forward to keeping up with you at the next level. Congrats JK, wish you well!!
[/quote]

Good season Silsbee.

Badsanta will always talk smack when representing my Tigers! Very proud of them last night! I do have concerns about the band. Huff mans band is AWESOME! They play the entire game, loud, and are very entertaining. Silsbee's band on the other hand I forgot was even there. We play NO cool songs, no energy, and no fan involvement! It's like we are zombies! I want to get that Tiger band back to moving some butts in the stands and making it a real high school atmosphere. I go to a lot of games here in Houston and these schools have fun. Is that not allowed for the Tiger marching band? Back in the 90's the Tiger band had some life!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1116904" timestamp="1321212657"]
Badsanta will always talk smack when representing my Tigers! Very proud of them last night! I do have concerns about the band. Huff mans band is AWESOME! They play the entire game, loud, and are very entertaining. Silsbee's band on the other hand I forgot was even there. We play NO cool songs, no energy, and no fan involvement! It's like we are zombies! I want to get that Tiger band back to moving some butts in the stands and making it a real high school atmosphere. I go to a lot of games here in Houston and these schools have fun. Is that not allowed for the Tiger marching band? Back in the 90's the Tiger band had some life!
[/quote]

And that's what I love about you, always behind your team!

As someone who just graduated as captain of the drumline, It's apparent they finally got around to my suggestion of having some small tunes and cadences to play throughout the game.  ;)

They were partially the same way last year as Silsbee's, but I like the direction of how their stand-involvement is going now, the way it should be. A change in band-directors allowed for this, but I think it shows in how they perform in their own contests... but THAT'S for another forum section.

Again, great job Silsbee your secondary was GOOD and D was incredible. Although Townley had a pretty bad night in general you guys capitalized on every opportunity.

I'm not saying fire the guy in Silsbee but our band could be the most boring in Setx! Those band kids had no energy in the two games I did go to. Is playing loud and having fun not allowed. Silsbee us to have a director named Mr. Miles! He was awesome! Our band use to plAy it all! I think they need to spice up the band audition or something. Get some soul music playing! Get ur team fired up!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder