COLDSPRING-OAKHURST VS. BRIDGE CITY BROADCAST/COLDSPRING WINS 7-0!

WOSgrad

No team is "unbeatable". Yes, Coldsprings didn't live up to the hype tonight but a win is a win. Every team is their off games every now and then, maybe next week they'll win by 40, who knows. Good season Bridge City and good luck Coldsprings on the rest of the playoffs.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kicker" post="1115866" timestamp="1321150861"]
[quote author=The Eagle link=topic=91405.msg1115833#msg1115833 date=1321150300]
Nice tune up to start the playoffs. It's finally good to a little competition to let the guys know they can win a tight one. Coach Barbay will have them ready for Bellville.
[/quote]

Better tune it up a whole lot more or next week all CS will hear is thump,thump,thump.
[/quote]

Any CS posters who claimed CS was going to run up the score didn't do their homework. ;)

However, CS defense did dominate where it counts and thats all that matters.

[quote name="kosmo" post="1115788" timestamp="1321149604"]
Im not at the game so someone tell me if im wrong. Sounds like bc is running the ball well but stump is trying his best to outsmart himself by throwing too much as usual. Is that the case?
[/quote]
That is exactly what he done terrible coaching job he is 0-3 in the playoffs time to go

[quote name="kosmo" post="1115788" timestamp="1321149604"]
Im not at the game so someone tell me if im wrong. Sounds like bc is running the ball well but stump is trying his best to outsmart himself by throwing too much as usual. Is that the case?
[/quote]
That is exactly what he done terrible coaching job he is 0-3 in the playoffs time to go

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1115921" timestamp="1321152078"]
I would give the guy some credit...he took over a very weak program and has returned them to a team to be reckoned with.
[/quote]

The last three years he has had the talent he didn't turn nothing around we will see how he does next year when he loses all the talent bc should make the playoffs ever year in the district there in

[quote name="jacf" post="1116000" timestamp="1321153097"]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=91405.msg1115921#msg1115921 date=1321152078]
I would give the guy some credit...he took over a very weak program and has returned them to a team to be reckoned with.
[/quote]

The last three years he has had the talent he didn't turn nothing around we will see how he does next year when he loses all the talent bc should make the playoffs ever year in the district there in
[/quote]woah not so fast WOS is always good Silsbee is generally good. And Orangefield has their up years. And HF is building up a pretty nice program. HJ should always be last place though.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1115921" timestamp="1321152078"]
[/quote]
All talent, BC had some incredible athletes on that field..woulda liked to see them with a good coach

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1115911" timestamp="1321151895"]
[quote author=daysgoby65 link=topic=91405.msg1115895#msg1115895 date=1321151534]
W  enough said
[/quote]
W....more needs to be said....the offensive "machine" was exposed.
[/quote] Every aspect of the game is exposed every week. There are many offensive "machines" playing this year! Who wins? We will see..

[quote name="daysgoby65" post="1116018" timestamp="1321153501"]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=91405.msg1115911#msg1115911 date=1321151895]
[quote author=daysgoby65 link=topic=91405.msg1115895#msg1115895 date=1321151534]
W  enough said
[/quote]
[/quote] Every aspect of the game is exposed every week. There are many offensive "machines" playing this year! Who wins? We will see..
[/quote]

Amen!!! 

[quote name="daysgoby65" post="1116018" timestamp="1321153501"]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=91405.msg1115911#msg1115911 date=1321151895]
W  enough said
[/quote]
[/quote]
Talking in circles.....Coldsprings mighty 50+ ppg offense was held to 7 when they finally played a good opponent.  I think the CS faithful (that think within reason) have to be a little worried.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1116048" timestamp="1321154128"]
[quote author=daysgoby65 link=topic=91405.msg1116018#msg1116018 date=1321153501]
W  enough said
[/quote]
[/quote]
Talking in circles.....Coldsprings mighty 50+ ppg offense was held to 7 when they finally played a good opponent.  I think the CS faithful (that think within reason) have to be a little worried.
[/quote] LOL!! Yes, played an excellent opponent!! Worried? These are high school kids playing a game!! Think within reason? Read last sentence.

You act as if you have no vested interest and downplay anyones "worry".  As fans of a team you worry or anticipate.  If highschool kids playing a game are no cause for worry for yourself, then dont waste your time posting on a message board about such meaningless things.  As FANS of any level of play you anticipate/worry...."they are grown men making millions in the NFL...why should I worry"...but it is the most watched and most profitable game.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1116148" timestamp="1321155678"]
You act as if you have no vested interest and downplay anyones "worry".  As fans of a team you worry or anticipate.  If highschool kids playing a game are no cause for worry for yourself, then dont waste your time posting on a message board about such meaningless things.  As FANS of any level of play you anticipate/worry...."they are grown men making millions in the NFL...why should I worry"...but it is the most watched and most profitable game.
[/quote] If I had no interest, I would not be posting. I always "worry" about the kids safety.  The THREAD AND SUBJECT we are talking about are high school kids!! Not grown men making millions in the NFL!! Much less PROFITABILITY!! I hope for my team to win, as you or anybody else reading this thread does. Obviously your first priority is money, and not the physical or mental well being of the KIDS!!

Great game tonight!! Seems like only the defenses came to play tonight. Neither team seemed to get anything going on offense. I was a little upset not to see CS go to their passing game. We have talent all over the team but sometimes we just don't use it. But Barbay is the coach and as a fan I will stick behind his decisions.  As far as fans talking down on BC coach. I think he coach him team well and they played a hell of a game. Nothing to hang your heads about.  SO SHOULD EVERY TEAM THAT LOSES IN THE PLAYOFFS FIRE THEIR COACH??  LOL  Dumbest post Ive read in a while!

This was a GREAT game and awesome atmosphere! We had a large group of us mustang fans there supporting the cards and they did not disapoint at all!!! They fought hard to the end and just came up a little bit short! And they earned their right to be on the same field as the "unstoppable team''!!! haha But coldsprings showed that they can win a close game and they have speed at the skill potitions as always! Large linemen offensively and defensively!!!! They got another tough test next week and the mustangs do too, but man i hope they meet up in round 4 hahaha

[quote name="daysgoby65" post="1116211" timestamp="1321157200"]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=91405.msg1116148#msg1116148 date=1321155678]
[/quote] If I had no interest, I would not be posting. I always "worry" about the kids safety.  The THREAD AND SUBJECT we are talking about are high school kids!! Not grown men making millions in the NFL!! Much less PROFITABILITY!! I hope for my team to win, as you or anybody else reading this thread does. [b]Obviously your first priority is money, and not the physical or mental well being of the KIDS[/b]!!
[/quote]

Wow, you nailed me....I make so much money on highschool football that I am blind to the kids safety...just show me the dollar.  You are ridiculous......

I am simply stating that at any level, fans worry/hope/anticipate for their team and that an argument can be made that it should not matter to me the outcome or performance at any level. i.e.  #1)"they are highschool...just kids (as you say)" #2) "they are college players and I did not attend that college".  #3)  "they are NFL players making millions, why should I care".  Your statement made it seem since that it was highschool, everyone should hi-five and go on. 

I will forego any analogies and simply compare apples to apples in the future since comparisons are above you.

As an UNBIASED opinion, I came to watch this game expecting a total blowout with all of the hype about coldspring. My personal opinions of this game:

1) B.C came to play. They were not one bit intimidated of Coldspring.

2) The B.C defense played a heckuva game. Yes Coldspring pitched a shutout but B.C was ONE play away from having one of their own to a quote unquote unstoppable offense.

3) The cards had 4 turnovers opposed to coldsprings 0. You can't turn the ball over that many times in the playoffs especially to a team of coldsprings caliber.

4) As I said before I came to this game expecting to witness a total blowout because of all the "hype" of coldspring. Which all I witnessed was the "hype" being well, just "HYPE". Dont get me wrong Cs has a good team. They have many athletes on the field. Number 1 has some serious wheels, but tonight showed that when playing a decent team, they can be beat. The offensive juggernauts were held to only 7. Say what you want, but in my book coldspring looks very beatable.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder