Orange Leader - Bollinger Out.

Cougtalk

According to The Orange Leader they "broke" the story that Bollinger is very unlikely to play.

Anyone have any information on this? Did he tweak something in practice? They broke this on Wednesday so i'm wondering if its new information or smoke and mirrors.

It's not a miss print and it looks like one of their reporters is claiming he has the information on it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dayton" post="1110601" timestamp="1320932474"]
Seems to be a lot of smoke coming out of Vidor on injuries no?
[/quote]

The only Pirate not playing tonight is David Smallwood due to a non-football related minor surgery he had. Most of this "information" isn't coming from us Pirates. Besides, when can you believe the media about anything anymore.

I believe Bolinger (one L, not 2) is ready. The Orange Leader isn't  all that reliable. Heck, most of the news outlets  don't tell the whole truth.  The Orange Leader needs to correct the spelling of Jeremy Stevenson's last name in the other article they did. Its not "Stephenson" its "Stevenson".  Very.proud of him this year along with all of our boys. Go Pirates!!!!

Go Pirates!

I know Bollinger will play. How much no one knows.  The one thing that is for sure though, is that the staff will have the pirates ready. The game will not be decided on who did or who did not play, it will be decided on turnovers.  I hope the boys can have their minds right and not get caught up in playoff game, the stadium etc.... Just play like you have all year. 
Can't wait till game time, good luck PIRATES.

[quote name="americasteam88" post="1110908" timestamp="1320945903"]
Go Pirates!

I know Bollinger will play. How much no one knows.  The one thing that is for sure though, is that the staff will have the pirates ready. The game will not be decided on who did or who did not play, it will be decided on turnovers.  I hope the boys can have their minds right and not get caught up in playoff game, the stadium etc.... Just play like you have all year. 
Can't wait till game time, good luck PIRATES.
[/quote]
This is his senior year and possibly the last football game of his life. He will play every single minute of it.

So talking to Coach Mathews isn't credible? Has anyone else picked up the phone and talked to him? Just curious. We apologize for the misprint on the time, which has been corrected online.
If, IF, Bollinger plays he will be far from 100%. It is 95% certain Bollinger will not play.

[quote author=Gabe link=topic=91240.msg1110943#msg1110943 date=1320947024]
So talking to Coach Mathews isn't credible? Has anyone else picked up the phone and talked to him? Just curious. We apologize for the misprint on the time, which has been corrected online.
If, IF, Bollinger plays he will be far from 100%. It is 95% certain Bollinger will not play.

[quote name="Gabe" post="1110943" timestamp="1320947024"]
[/quote]

Sorry, the Orange Leader is not a credible news source.  It never has been and never will be.  And anyone who has ever worked for that "paper" is not credible either. 

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="Gabe" post="1110943" timestamp="1320947024"]
[/quote]
I have to say, the Orange Leader's article about this game is better written and it actually contains pertinent information about the match up. The Enterprise deal about being superstitious is a fluff piece and has no valuable information about the game at all.

[quote name="invictus" post="1110961" timestamp="1320947605"]
[/quote]

Sorry, the Orange Leader is not a credible news source.  It never has been and never will be.  And anyone who has ever worked for that "paper" is not credible either.
[/quote]

Soo we have a fan! Thanks for the support  ;)

[quote name="invictus" post="1110961" timestamp="1320947605"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You do realize Gabe works for the Orange Leader. I am pretty sure he has no reason to make stuff up.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1110964" timestamp="1320947770"]
[/quote]
I have to say, the Orange Leader's article about this game is better written and it actually contains pertinent information about the match up. The Enterprise deal about being superstitious is a fluff piece and has no valuable information about the game at all.
[/quote]

They are both rags.

[quote name="w/e2010" post="1110958" timestamp="1320947392"]
[/quote]

The article DOES NOT say that Mathews said Bolinger wasn't playing.  The OL is stating he may not play.  If it would have said "Coach Mathews stated Boling will not play" then I would believe it.  But it doesn't say that.

;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder