Orange Leader - Bollinger Out.

Cougtalk

[quote name="Gabe" post="1110943" timestamp="1320947024"]
So talking to Coach Mathews isn't credible? Has anyone else picked up the phone and talked to him? Just curious. We apologize for the misprint on the time, which has been corrected online.
If, IF, Bollinger plays he will be far from 100%. It is 95% certain Bollinger will not play.
[/quote]
I just got off the phone with Jeff and he said Bolinger is playing all four quarters. There you go.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys at the Orange Leader do a great job especially the sports department. Thank you for your  coverage of all the Orange County schools. Even giving little CCS a little time.

With that said to be honest in football I think WO-S gets the most coverage but it's not just the Leader as KOGT seems to broadcast more WO-S games.

I guess it's because they are the class of Orange County in football.

Back on topic. Good luck tonight to Coach Mathews and the Vidor Pirates.

[quote name="Gabe" post="1111031" timestamp="1320951281"]
Whatever the case may be, The Leader fully hopes the report is wrong and Bollinger plays and the Pirates get the win.
[/quote]

On a side note, since you work for the Leader, "Bollinger" is actually "Bolinger" only 1 "L" and Jeremy "Stephenson" is Jeremy "Stevenson"
;)

[quote name="Gabe" post="1111066" timestamp="1320952499"]
yall have a nice day LOL. I know a battle I can't win. Time to go write more "false" stories.

Good luck Pirates as always and good luck to Bolinger.
[/quote]

Thanks for the information Gabe, i'm glad to hear its straight from the horses mouth, honestly i hope Bollinger plays.

[quote name="Gabe" post="1111066" timestamp="1320952499"]
yall have a nice day LOL. I know a battle I can't win. Time to go write more "false" stories.

Good luck Pirates as always and good luck to Bolinger.
[/quote]

Don't quit that easy. You're a sportswriter for goodness sake. You should be able to talk cricles around these guys. LOL

[quote name="Gabe" post="1111081" timestamp="1320952935"]
Well if I sit here there is proof I am not doing much of my work today HA!. Gotta get a hold of that BC coach of yours.
[/quote]

If that is directed at me, I attended and played at BC but I played and graduated from LC-M and if there are stories about me or my dad floating out there. They are probably true. LOL

Enough of this already. The message line was started by a crosby kitty. We have several kids who can play tailback....we just plug another into the system. The real threat to Crosby will be getting hammered in the mouth up the middle with Brentyn Clark and then trying to figure Montana Quirante out and what he's gonna do with the football. Bolinger and Stevenson will do fine at tailback tonight....let's just play our game. Good defense, control the ball and the clock.

[quote name="vp32" post="1111080" timestamp="1320952917"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=91240.msg1111037#msg1111037 date=1320951514]
Why did you have to call the school 2penny.  He lives in the smae house.
[/quote]
should you be getting back to those prisoners?  :o  ;D
[/quote]

I look forward to our next meeting

I think this was mentioned before, but just once again for emphasis, this is information that Gabe and Van got directly from Coach Mathews.  This is their job.  They are not going to put information out there just get a rise out of folks. 

And I have to say that this is not the first time that Vidor folks have disputed a report that David would not play in a game only for it to come that David did not play in that game.  If he plays, great!  I am sure that Gabe and Van hope he goes for 200 yds and 5 TDs.  That would make an even better story for their Saturday edition!

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1111216" timestamp="1320957224"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91240.msg1111080#msg1111080 date=1320952917]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=91240.msg1111037#msg1111037 date=1320951514]
Why did you have to call the school 2penny.  He lives in the smae house.
[/quote]
should you be getting back to those prisoners?  :o  ;D
[/quote]

I look forward to our next meeting
[/quote]
Our next meeting? Do i know you Titan Power?

[quote name="vp32" post="1110913" timestamp="1320946003"]
[quote author=americasteam88 link=topic=91240.msg1110908#msg1110908 date=1320945903]
Go Pirates!

I know Bollinger will play. How much no one knows.  The one thing that is for sure though, is that the staff will have the pirates ready. The game will not be decided on who did or who did not play, it will be decided on turnovers.  I hope the boys can have their minds right and not get caught up in playoff game, the stadium etc.... Just play like you have all year. 
Can't wait till game time, good luck PIRATES.
[/quote]
This is his senior year and possibly the [b]last football game of his life[/b]. He will play every single minute of it.
[/quote]

Hopefully not the last game....that would mean you lost to Crosby.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1111252" timestamp="1320958436"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91240.msg1110913#msg1110913 date=1320946003]
[quote author=americasteam88 link=topic=91240.msg1110908#msg1110908 date=1320945903]
Go Pirates!

I know Bollinger will play. How much no one knows.  The one thing that is for sure though, is that the staff will have the pirates ready. The game will not be decided on who did or who did not play, it will be decided on turnovers.  I hope the boys can have their minds right and not get caught up in playoff game, the stadium etc.... Just play like you have all year. 
Can't wait till game time, good luck PIRATES.
[/quote]
This is his senior year and possibly the [b]last football game of his life[/b]. He will play every single minute of it.
[/quote]

Hopefully not the last game....that would mean you lost to Crosby.
[/quote]
i said possibly lol. i hope its not as well.

Man, I'm rooting for you guys but you are wrong about the Orange Leader. For their budget and the members of their staff to cover all the games they do a great job. I was just given Gabe a hard time. He is a good sportswriter even if he spells a couple names wrong.

Heck, I lived in the D/FW metroplex for years and would see the same error and they have huge budgets and suppose to have some of the best sportswriters in the country.

Orange Leader reports Smallwood and Bolinger out.........Beaumont Enterprise article states Smallwood out.....Bolinger IN.

[url=http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Vidor-opens-playoffs-against-Crosby-tonight-2262410.php] http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Vidor-opens-playoffs-against-Crosby-tonight-2262410.php [/url]

[quote name="bigred360" post="1111272" timestamp="1320959803"]
Again, they can only report what they are told. You really think they want to deceive the very fan's they are hoping will buy their newspaper? Come on man.
[/quote]

I could really care less about what either papers report to be honest. I don't buy them anyways, I read their papers on their websites. I was looking in the sports section of the enterprise and saw this article so I figured I would pass it along.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder