Good job Huffman

Guest beechnut

[quote name="ST413" post="1109069" timestamp="1320779015"]
Coming in third behind CS and Huffman doesnt make you weak but coming in third ahead of Liberty, Tarkington and Splendora sure didn't make you strong!
[/quote]

Say or compair however you like, your 3rd place Tigers are in the same boat. Huffman will take care of bussiness on Saturday. I don't care who played who, we played the schedule and we are in the thrid spot behind two really good teams. I never said Cleveland was a world beater, fact is they are really young and building, they will make plenty of noise over the next few years.

Go Falcons..

Only point I might not agree with is Huffman taking car of us, dont know how I think that one will end up. I had started a thread earlier this year trying to compare the two districts.  Our best solution to that will come this weekend. Looking at the schedules and results is not a good comparison this year at all. Even in trying. to compare my G tigers and Huffman,  Huffman played two strong teams in KP and CS with a good showing against CS.  Rest of schedule was pretty weak.  The Tigers  best win was probably Newton maybe Jasper,early.in the  season. Had a goodgame with BC and not too bad a game against WOS.  Still not too sure how strong either of them are. I do know the  tigers need to fix some recent problems and play like earlier in the year or saturday will end the season.  Go Tigers!

[quote name="ST413" post="1109134" timestamp="1320781528"]
Only point I might not agree with is Huffman taking car of us, dont know how I think that one will end up. I had started a thread earlier this year trying to compare the two districts.  Our best solution to that will come this weekend. Looking at the schedules and results is not a good comparison this year at all. Even in trying. to compare my G tigers and Huffman,  Huffman played two strong teams in KP and CS with a good showing against CS.  Rest of schedule was pretty weak.  The Tigers  best win was probably Newton maybe Jasper,early.in the  season. Had a goodgame with BC and not too bad a game against WOS.  Still not too sure how strong either of them are. I do know the  tigers need to fix some recent problems and play like earlier in the year or saturday will end the season.  Go Tigers!

Agreed, this week-end will solve alot of debates going on. I'm just glad after the 2-8 season last year we are here and able to be on the board. my perdiction only comes from everything that has been said about Silsbee over the last few weeks. If we were still talking about the team that launched the all out attack on us in the second half earlier this year, i might have  different thoughts. Either way, it should be a good game. I know we have our hands full....
[/quote]

Well, 21-3A's #3 team beat 22-3A's #3 team 42-14. ;)

One might say that 22-3A has the best two teams (CS and Huff, still debatable) but 21-3A was the better, deeper district based on a few head to head match ups.

21-3A was 4-3 vs. 22-3A this year.

21-3A

BC    1-0      beat Shepherd  61-3                      Cleveland  0-1      lost to Silsbee 42-14
HF    1-1      beat Splendora  52-6                    Coldspring  1-0      beat Orangefield  50-0
                  lost to Huffman  41-10                  Huffman    2-0      beat HJ  35-0
HJ    1-1      beat Splendora  21-14                                            beat HF  41-10
                  lost to Huffman  35-0                    Shepherd    0-1      lost to BC  61-3
OF    0-1      lost to Coldspring  50-0                Splendora  0-2      lost to HF  52-6
SIL  1-0      beat Cleveland  42-14                                              lost to HJ  21-14

WOS did not play a 22-3A team
Tarkington did not play a 21-3A team

Only 2 22-3A teams had wins over 21-3A (CS and Huff)

4 21-3A teams had wins over 22-3A teams.

I think it is safe to say that WOS would beat most all of 22-3A, but Tarkington would not beat any 21-3A team.

Like I said, 22-3A has CS and Huff, after that, basically nothing.

I have been waiting on some type of breakdown stats from you Aggie, you have provided alot of good stats this year. I believe I gave props to your Tigers on the second half ajustments and the win over Cleveland. I know Silsbee won and that Silsbee is the best third place team between the two districts.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1109209" timestamp="1320784302"]

One might say that 22-3A has the best two teams (CS and Huff, still debatable) but 21-3A was the better, deeper district based on a few head to head match ups.

21-3A

BC    1-0      beat Shepherd  61-3                      Cleveland  0-1      lost to Silsbee 42-14
HF    1-1      beat Splendora  52-6                    Coldspring  1-0      beat Orangefield  50-0
HJ    1-1      beat Splendora  21-14                                            beat HF  41-10
OF    0-1      lost to Coldspring  50-0                Splendora  0-2      lost to HF  52-6
SIL  1-0      beat Cleveland  42-14                                              lost to HJ  21-14

I think it is safe to say that WOS would beat most all of 22-3A, but Tarkington would not beat any 21-3A team.

[/quote]

I would agree with that. The fact is Niether of these two districts are anywhere near the toughest in the state, they both have good teams and they both have really bad teams. If I were to break them down I would put them like this.

Great - Coldspring they are far and away the best 3a team in the area.

Good BC, Huffman, Silsbee, and Wos all these teams are pretty close

Decent - Liberty, Cleveland, and maybe orangefield

Bad Shepherd, HF, HJ, Splendora

Terrible - Tarkington seriously I feel bad for these kids. They haven't been to the playoffs since 54 and struggle to win even one game every year. I have never understood why they are so bad, you would figure sometime in the last 50 years they would've had some talent.

Bottom line is both these districts are pretty close I belive that coldspring and Huffman are the two beat teams that is jmo, we will find out this weekend.

[quote name="ST413" post="1109134" timestamp="1320781528"]
[/quote]

Didn't Jasper get beat by Orangefield! Coldspring blew Jasper and Newton out in both our scrimages by over 6 touchdowns to 1, in the first series. So if that is their best wins then Huffman will hang over 50 points on them, #14 will have a track meet.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1109322" timestamp="1320788767"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=91087.msg1109209#msg1109209 date=1320784302]

21-3A

[/quote]

I would agree with that. The fact is Niether of these two districts are anywhere near the toughest in the state, they both have good teams and they both have really bad teams. If I were to break them down I would put them like this.

Great - Coldspring they are far and away the best 3a team in the area.

Good BC, Huffman, Silsbee, and Wos all these teams are pretty close

Decent - Liberty, Cleveland, and maybe orangefield

[b]Bad Shepherd, HF, HJ, Splendora[/b]

Terrible - Tarkington seriously I feel bad for these kids. They haven't been to the playoffs since 54 and struggle to win even one game every year. I have never understood why they are so bad, you would figure sometime in the last 50 years they would've had some talent.

Bottom line is both these districts are pretty close I belive that coldspring and Huffman are the two beat teams that is jmo, we will find out this weekend.
[/quote]

Actually, I would put Hamshire-Fannett in the decent category. They did beat Splendora and HJ badly, 52-6 and 60-6.

Guest beechnut
Truth be know either of these districts arenot that  strong  compared to rest of the state. Only team that could play with anyone would be CS and maybe WOS. If you put these teams in central or east texas would get drove. Nothing wrong with that but best football is the above areas. South Texas is even worse than these areas. Just my take.

I said maybe Jasper,  Coldspring has a great team.  I also said you can't hardly compare based on the schedules this year  ,  especially when reach back into scrmmages. But since you insisted on this name one good team Huffman beat this year. The closest you can come is a district champion in Kashmere,  who won a district definitely not known for its football powerhouses.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1109366" timestamp="1320792028"]
Truth be know either of these districts arenot that  strong  compared to rest of the state. Only team that could play with anyone would be CS and maybe WOS. If you put these teams in central or east texas would get drove. Nothing wrong with that but best football is the above areas. South Texas is even worse than these areas. Just my take.
[/quote]

No argument here.  Not sure you could put WOS up there this year.  Hopeully they will prove themselves in the playoffs.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="ST413" post="1109370" timestamp="1320792232"]
I said maybe Jasper,  Coldspring has a great team.  I also said you can't hardly compare based on the schedules this year  ,  especially when reach back into scrmmages. But since you insisted on this name one good team Huffman beat this year. The closest you can come is a district champion in Kashmere,  who won a district definitely not known for its football powerhouses.
[/quote]

I saw the kashmere game and they had some athletes more so than in years past. If they could have caught the ball they would have beat Huffman. Both of these districts are a wash but right now 22 is better than 21 from what I have seen and read. 21 has been on a delcine for some time and get told once they play the teams with  bigger lines or central texas.

[quote name="ST413" post="1109370" timestamp="1320792232"]
[/quote]

Kashmere is actually a pretty good team they are a 4a district champion (yes it is a weak district) and gave 3a #7 west Columbia all they wanted and more. Name a good win for silsbee? It ain't jasper that's for sure and newton ain't what they used to be, I bet Kashmere could beat newton.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1109539" timestamp="1320802802"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=91087.msg1109370#msg1109370 date=1320792232]
[/quote]

Kashmere is actually a pretty good team they are a 4a district champion (yes it is a weak district) and gave 3a #7 west Columbia all they wanted and more. Name a good win for silsbee? It ain't jasper that's for sure and newton aehin't what they used to be, I bet Kashmere could beat newton.
[/quote]
You have made my point I have been making neither [quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=91087.msg1109539#msg1109539 date=1320802802]
[/quote]

Kashmere is actually a pretty good team they are a 4a district champion (yes it is a weak district) and gave 3a #7 west Columbia all they wanted and more. Name a good win for silsbee? It ain't jasper that's for sure and newton ain't what they used to be, I bet Kashmere could beat newton.
[/quote]
You just stated what I have bben saying for weeks,  neither team has a win over good team.  So from that standpoint there is no comparing.  You can't convince me Kashmere is that good of a team.  Coldsprings was probably the Falcon's best game of the year definitely best opponent. As far as how good Newton is, that has to be proven as well but they are definitely off to a good start with a new coach and an 8-2 record.

[quote name="ST413" post="1109581" timestamp="1320804655"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=91087.msg1109539#msg1109539 date=1320802802]
[/quote]

Kashmere is actually a pretty good team they are a 4a district champion (yes it is a weak district) and gave 3a #7 west Columbia all they wanted and more. Name a good win for silsbee? It ain't jasper that's for sure and newton aehin't what they used to be, I bet Kashmere could beat newton.
[/quote]
You have made my point I have been making neither [quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=91087.msg1109539#msg1109539 date=1320802802]
[/quote]

[/quote]
You just stated what I have bben saying for weeks,  neither team has a win over good team.  So from that standpoint there is no comparing.  You can't convince me Kashmere is that good of a team.  Coldsprings was probably the Falcon's best game of the year definitely best opponent. As far as how good Newton is, that has to be proven as well but they are definitely off to a good start with a new coach and an 8-2 record.
[/quote]

Kashmere is 7-3 with losses to Sealy, west Columbia, and Huffman with Huffman and west Columbia being close they also out gained west Columbia 408-218 in that game. Kashmere is a good team whether you wanna belive it or not. But yes Niether team has a surprising win.

[quote name="stigers12" post="1112053" timestamp="1320984184"]
Huffman probably wouldn't make the playoffs in 21. maybim wrong, but we'll see saturday. Orangefield would beat cleveland, and HF vs Cleveland would be a pretty good game. I don't think Coldsprings dominance can make up for the rest of the district. 21>22
[/quote]

Huffman would win 21-3a and Cleveland would smash ofield and hf.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1112079" timestamp="1320984536"]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=91087.msg1112053#msg1112053 date=1320984184]
Huffman probably wouldn't make the playoffs in 21. maybim wrong, but we'll see saturday. Orangefield would beat cleveland, and HF vs Cleveland would be a pretty good game. I don't think Coldsprings dominance can make up for the rest of the district. 21>22
[/quote]

Huffman would win 21-3a and Cleveland would smash ofield and hf.
[/quote]
I don't know that Huffman would win 21-3A but definitely a playoff team there as well.  As for Cleveland and Orangefield, after watching both teams play Coldspring this year, Cleveland would demolish Orangefield.
Huffman has a good team.  They are gonna open some eyes in the next few weeks.
Good luck falcons.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder