Woodard's SFA postgame comments

[i]"Doug had done a lot for us last year"[/i]
"Doug deserved an opportunity to play"
"Doug had a tough night, not Doug personally, but the circumstances."

ray-"go get em Doug, the Oline has quit..oh yeah..by the way...I've benched all the receivers for punk attitude..and I'm gonna run ya like a dog"

to start the season, he threw prewitt [b]under[/b] the bus, tonite he threw him [b]in front[/b] of the bus

AND HE KEPT GETTING UP

like i said, kudos to our [u]qb and rbs[/u] for making it out alive

[b]RAY ..ITS CALLED "HEART"[/b]

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1106957" timestamp="1320604172"]
[i]"Doug had done a lot for us last year"[/i]
"Doug deserved an opportunity to play"
"Doug had a tough night, not Doug personally, but the circumstances."

ray-"go get em Doug, the Oline has quit..oh yeah..by the way...I've benched all the receivers for punk attitude..and I'm gonna run ya like a dog"

to start the season, he threw prewitt [b]under[/b] the bus, tonite he threw him [b]in front[/b] of the bus

AND HE KEPT GETTING UP

like i said, kudos to our [u]qb and rbs[/u] for making it out alive

[b]RAY ..ITS CALLED "HEART"[/b]
[/quote]

Seriously makes one wonder.  What was really going on?  What were Dim Whitten and Woodard trying to do/prove?  A paranoid person may think there is some type of vendetta against someone.  I mean, really?  Zero blocking, 2nd and third string receivers, and have Prewitt run 20+ times?

Guest beechnut
[quote name="puddin tane" post="1106963" timestamp="1320604666"]
"Coaches who say they don't read what's in the media are, No. 1, liars,"  "And if they're not lying, they're not very smart."

Major Applewhite, UT coach , 2011
[/quote]

Easy to sit in your barn and second guess  HC huh? Ya ok Ok but when we start winning you are on the bandwagon? Ha ha your weak. Hang in there Coach and Cardinals bc we will arrive without or without these yentzels.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1107366" timestamp="1320631350"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=91059.msg1106963#msg1106963 date=1320604666]
"Coaches who say they don't read what's in the media are, No. 1, liars,"  "And if they're not lying, they're not very smart."

[/quote]

Easy to sit in your barn and second guess  HC huh? Ya ok Ok but when we start winning you are on the bandwagon? Ha ha your weak. Hang in there Coach and Cardinals bc we will arrive without or without these yentzels.
[/quote]

I'm always there..are you?

didnt think so

Guest beechnut
[quote name="puddin tane" post="1107389" timestamp="1320632774"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=91059.msg1107366#msg1107366 date=1320631350]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=91059.msg1106963#msg1106963 date=1320604666]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm always there..are you?

didnt think so
[/quote]

Season ticket holder and in fact went to the banquet at the start of the season to raise $$$. Were you?

[quote name="beechnut" post="1107366" timestamp="1320631350"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Been a LU fan longer than I can remember.  I'm a season ticket holder and always will be as long as we have football and I am financially able.  And, as long as we suck or do stupid things I will call the coaches out.  If we play well and win I will be first to congratulate coaches and players.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="cardinal" post="1107395" timestamp="1320633127"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Been a LU fan longer than I can remember.  I'm a season ticket holder and always will be as long as we have football and I am financially able.  And, as long as we suck or do stupid things I will call the coaches out.  If we play well and win I will be first to congratulate coaches and players.
[/quote]

Thats right you do have the right to call anyone you want out but I have the right to return the favor on lukewarm fans. Second year of a football program and Im not ready to throw the towel in.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1107400" timestamp="1320633309"]
[quote author=cardinal link=topic=91059.msg1107395#msg1107395 date=1320633127]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats right you do have the right to call anyone you want out but I have the right to return the favor on lukewarm fans. Second year of a football program and Im not ready to throw the towel in.
[/quote]

Good for you Polyanna.  Keep that head in the sand.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="cardinal" post="1107407" timestamp="1320633664"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=91059.msg1107400#msg1107400 date=1320633309]
[quote author=cardinal link=topic=91059.msg1107395#msg1107395 date=1320633127]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good for you Polyanna.  Keep that head in the sand.
[/quote]

Ya I will and keep that mind closed like the steel trap that you are.

ok we are now in the "who can piss the farthest" mode

I dont think you have to agree with everything, have a ring thru your nose and be led around like a sheep to be a fan

Hell, i made it thru ken stevens and bob frederick-unlike most, liked alborn and didnt really care for glass--tho it was towards the end of his stay

I understand that we are a second year program but the fact that our coaching staff cannot teach the fundementals to these players and make adjustments in the game is on the coaches. We were almost beat by IWU who is a new football playing school with much less talent... WE WERE OUT COACHED... and that seems to be the running theme...  I am a seaon ticket holder as well and rarely miss any games... but you will start seeing the crowds get smaller and smaller if we keep getting out coached, look at what roc did to our attendance.

I think Woodard has to look no further than Sam Houston State to see how to build a coaching staff.  Fritz, their head coach, had no D1 head coaching experience before this job.  Both his OC and DC were former FCS head coaches, and were successful. 

Look at the bio for Stoker, their DC:

[quote]Stoker compiled a 43-38 record in seven seasons as head coach at Northwestern State, leading the Demons to the 2004 Southland Conference co-championship and to the NCAA Division I national playoffs in 2002 and 2004. His teams totaled 22 NCAA top 20 statistical rankings on offense, defense and special teams.

During his tenure with the Demons, 49 Northwestern State school records were broken (23 offensive, 10 defensive and 13 special teams). The Demons also set five NCAA Football Championship Subdivision national records and 10 Southland Conference marks.

He was recognized by American Football Coaches Monthly as one of the nation's Top 10 recruiters. Three of his Demon squads finished among the top 15 nationally in total defense and rushing defense including No. 2 national rankings in both categories in 2004.[/quote]

Here's the bio for the OC:

[quote]Bob DeBesse brings 25 years of coaching experience at the NCAA Division I level to Sam Houston. He served as head coach at Southwest Texas State University from 1997 to 2002 and has been an assistant coach at Texas A&M, Purdue, Minnesota and TCU. The past two seasons he has been secondary coach at A&M Consolidated High School.

DeBesse was wide receiver coach for Texas A&M squads that played in the 2006 Holiday Bowl and the 2007 Alamo Bowl. At Purdue, as wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator, he coached two record-setting receivers who signed with NFL teams. The Boilermakers played in the 2003 Capital One Bowl and the 2004 Sun Bowl.

From 1997 to 2002, DeBesse was head coach at Texas State (then Southwest Texas), his alma mater. His 2000 team was ranked No. 25 in NCAA FCS and the Bobcats' 7-4 record that season was the school's best in a decade.

DeBesse was offensive coordinator at Minnesota from 1992 to 1996. The Golden Gophers led the Big Ten in passing offense in 1992 (all games), 1993 (all games and conference-only games), 1994 (conference games), 1995 (conference games) and 1996 (all games). In addition, DeBesse's multi-dimensional offense produced numerous rushing, passing and receiving school records.

From 1983 to 1991, DeBesse was an assistant coach at Texas Christian. He was offensive coordinator the last two seasons, earning Southwest Conference Offensive Coordinator of the Year honors in 1990. [/quote]

That's the kind of experience Woodard needs to bring to his staff!

Obviously Fritz isn't insecure about having some experience on his staff.  These guys have the experience to be coordinators and get the job done.  In the process Fritz looks like a genius.  I think that Hinshaw was the only coach on the staff with a lot of DI experience and from everything I heard there was conflict and he left.  I think that what maybe what I am struggling with is that it looks like our staff is in the "on the job training" mode and frankly that bothers me.  I have no experience as a paid Jr or Sr High School or college coach so I am not qualified.  I just have 40+ years of watching sports and observing the traits of those coaches who are successful.  I also have 30+ years of being in the business world and working with first class as well as poorly run companies.  All successful organizations (including sports teams) have common leadership traits and habits.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="smith" post="1108410" timestamp="1320716461"]
I guess I gotta add that Jeff Conway over at Sam was a real good receivers coach for us during the Alborn years.
[/quote]

You think it may have something to do with being a second year prorgram? Big difference in the business world and coaching young football players. Dont try to equate the two bc not the same. If LU thinks there needs to be a change sure I trust their decsion making compared to what a poster thinks.  :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder