Liberty vs The Run Away Frieght Train they Call Colldsprings

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cdoggett" post="1103314" timestamp="1320343041"]
They could rest the starters the next 2 weeks if they want to. Rd 1 will eather by Bridge City or Orangefield.
[/quote]

Bridge City may not have won their district, but I would rule them out of making it a good football game. The normally play really good football. plus they bring their hole town to the game and keep the kids in the game and pumped up, I know Coldspring brings the town too, but there dis a difference between the 2 and Coldspring fans you know what I mean. I hear more griping out of alot of the fans than I do support for the team. JMO

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="1103347" timestamp="1320344454"]
Bridge City may not have won their district, but I would rule them out of making it a good football game. The normally play really good football. plus they bring their hole town to the game and keep the kids in the game and pumped up, I know Coldspring brings the town too, but there dis a difference between the 2 and Coldspring fans you know what I mean. I hear more griping out of alot of the fans than I do support for the team. JMO
[/quote]

Unless Bridge City has gotten a lot better than last year CS will make short work of them.  I think we beat them by 40+ last year but I don't remember the actual score.

[quote name="ABNINF" post="1103499" timestamp="1320352045"]
[quote author=Bigdaddy79 link=topic=90740.msg1103347#msg1103347 date=1320344454]
[/quote]

Unless Bridge City has gotten a lot better than last year CS will make short work of them.  I think we beat them by 40+ last year but I don't remember the actual score.
[/quote]Last year was last year boys, lets not put the cart in front of the horse, lets take'm one team at a time, after this week it's lose and go home, It doesn't matter what happened last week or last year, the team needs to stay focused and this week is Liberty, we can worry about next week after tomorrow night.

[quote name="Indian11" post="1100785" timestamp="1320085067"]
I predict and i'm giving Liberty alot here, a final of Coldsprings 49 and Liberty 7! ;)
[/quote] I hope you were one of the twenty are so Cleveland fans that was in the bleachers on Friday night. to watch your team play an excellent game especially since it was a chance to go to the play offs.
One thing about the Liberty Fans they will still support their team this week. even if there is no chance to go to the play offs.

[quote name="Hornet" post="1103083" timestamp="1320323180"]
I think Coldspring should pull their starters out after the 1st qtr. Keep their players healthy and ready for the playoffs. I got to see these Trojans last year against Carthage and they have the talent to make it to the big dance again. Wishing the Trojans the best!!
[/quote]

Honest question, don't you think the starters would do better to play a good portion of the game? Unless theres an existing injury don't you run the risk of not letting the starters get enough playing time, even in the NFL guys want to play when the matter is decided. I know theres something to protecting against injury, but there are more efficient ways to do that, and I'm sure you want to get your reserves some reps but I think pulling starters that early could do more harm than good.

Not to sidetrack the thread, obviously CS rolls. Will be interesting to see if Liberty's offense will eclipse Tarkington's district high 8 points against the Trojan D :o. Now let the "3rd string defense late in game" posts start, lol. It is what it is, the question is when the starters come out will Liberty make the end zone? Or maybe before?

[quote name="PantherX" post="1103846" timestamp="1320376318"]
[quote author=Indian11 link=topic=90740.msg1100785#msg1100785 date=1320085067]
I predict and i'm giving Liberty alot here, a final of Coldsprings 49 and Liberty 7! ;)
[/quote] I hope you were one of the twenty are so Cleveland fans that was in the bleachers on Friday night. to watch your team play an excellent game especially since it was a chance to go to the play offs.
One thing about the Liberty Fans they will still support their team this week. even if there is no chance to go to the play offs.
[/quote]

As a matter of fact I was one of the fans whom was there! I was also that fan with the other 19 that stood there and yelled and clapped as Liberty got there butt's handed to them in the 4th quarter, anything else you wanna add????? By the way, I can't control what others do, but win or loose my family is ALWAYS in the stands.....

Fact is fact...If Coldspring wins, Cleveland is in playoffs, If Cleveland wins Cleveland is in playoffs.
Once more..what if? Both Cleveland and Coldspring loses....Liberty is in the playoffs and Huffman is co-champions with Coldspring both advancing to playoffs.

With that being said then Fiction is Fiction and with either of these teams losing it would be a major major upset.
Coldspring by 24+ Cleveland by 28+ even with this being a grudge game.
The Trojans will not give up more than a touchdown, if that. They have too much pride riding on their defense to let this away. Their squad is just not that deep that they can put an entire 2nd unit on the field, offense or defense so they have to rotate starters in and out. There will be no JVs playing in this game, the last thing Barbay wants going into the playoffs is a sloppy or close game. Liberty will get the Trojan A game well into the late 3rd or early 4th if the score prompts it.
District 22-3A can be proud of their teams, they represented themselfs well in nondistrict games and should make a move in the playoffs.

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="1103562" timestamp="1320355675"]
[/quote][b][size=14pt]Last year was last year boys, lets not put the cart in front of the horse, lets take'm one team at a time, after this week it's lose and go home[/size][/b], It doesn't matter what happened last week or last year, the team needs to stay focused ......[b][size=14pt]we can worry about next week after tomorrow night.[/size][/b][/quote]

[b]Couldn't have said it better!  [/b]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12