• Emanuel Carter - Cen
    • Clay Choate - Lum
    • Devonte Mays - Liv
    • David Smallwood - Vid
    • Brentyn Clark - Vid
    • Antonio White - Liv
    • Marquise Thomas - Liv

[quote name="BmtOzenPanthers" post="1096736" timestamp="1319776044"]
Jones will break the 1000 yard mark tommorow , where is bollinger ?
[/quote]iPreps Data.FIND ALL GAMES

Rushing Leaders

Name Team Att Yds Yds/Att TD
Jakobi Jones Beaumont Ozen 131  984  7.51  10 
Chase Bertrand Port Neches-Groves 147  959  6.52  18 
Chase Bertrand Port Neches-Groves 147  959  6.52  18 
Troy Benjamin Nederland 137  734  5.36  9 
Troy Benjamin Nederland 137  734  5.36  9 
Montana Quirante Vidor 83  623  7.51  11 
Brentyn Clark Vidor 109  582  5.34  4 
Alex Sezer Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville 89  581  6.53  4 
Emanuel Carter Beaumont Central 122  576  4.72  4 
Emanuel Carter Beaumont Central 122  576  4.72  4 
Devonte Mays Livingston 53  543  10.25  8 
David Smallwood Vidor 91  534  5.87  5 
Chevoski Collins Livingston 71  532  7.49  9 
Antonio White Livingston 62  521  8.40  8 
Clay Choate Lumberton 71  467  6.58  4 
Robert Mitchell Beaumont Central 68  425  6.25  5 
Robert Mitchell Beaumont Central 68  425  6.25  5 
Marquise Thomas Livingston 68  422  6.21  2 
Brilon Douglas Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville 86  406  4.72  8 
David Bolinger Vidor 49  400  8.16  4 
More [b]I belive Jones is# 1 & bolton is last ;D[/b]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jakobi's a Jr and will be playing at the next level after next year!
Bollinger is 5'5" 125 and doubt he will be playing at the next level!
That says that people other than us believe Jones is a better back than Bollinger who has an offensive scheme that enhances his numbers as a small back.

[quote name="raider44" post="1096758" timestamp="1319777442"]
That says that people other than us believe Jones is a better back than Bollinger who has an offensive scheme that enhances his numbers as a small back.
[/quote]great post[b]hello 2 percent[/b] ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1096148" timestamp="1319751691"]
There are all the running backs on the top 15 rushing list. Excluding QB. Thats why you don't see Collins or Quirante on there. Have at it.
[/quote]

Question... are your standings for 20-4a correct? is livingston the one looking outside in right now?

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="raider44" post="1096758" timestamp="1319777442"]
[/quote]
Seriously? Do you not know anything about football at all? Ozen's rushing attack is led by [size=12pt][b]ONE[/b][/size] person. Vidor's rushes are shared by [size=12pt][b]FOUR[/b][/size] people all of which are in the top 15 in 20-4A. So therefore Bolingers stats are better because he has to share his runs with 3 other guys. I guarantee if Bolinger was on a one running back offense he would blow Jones out of the water but he isn't. And Bolinger isn't 125 he's more of a 155. And we will see who is playing at the next level. So far Bolinger has gotten attention from Baylor, Lamar, SFA and SHSU but noone has made any offers because that would be illegal to make an offer at this time in the year. If you knew anything about football you would know that.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1096798" timestamp="1319787075"]
[quote author=raider44 link=topic=90536.msg1096758#msg1096758 date=1319777442]
[/quote]
Seriously? Do you not know anything about football at all? Ozen's rushing attack is led by [size=12pt][b]ONE[/b][/size] person. Vidor's rushes are shared by [size=12pt][b]FOUR[/b][/size] people all of which are in the top 15 in 20-4A. So therefore Bolingers stats are better because he has to share his runs with 3 other guys. I guarantee if Bolinger was on a one running back offense he would blow Jones out of the water but he isn't. And Bolinger isn't 125 he's more of a 155. And we will see who is playing at the next level. So far Bolinger has gotten attention from Baylor, Lamar, SFA and SHSU but noone has made any offers because that would be illegal to make an offer at this time in the year. If you knew anything about football you would know that.
[/quote]
Obviously you run your mouth about a team you know nothing about. In a BMT Ent article dated 10/12/11, there was a front page story about an undersized back named David Bolinger standing 5'5" weighing in at 128lbs. Now if you knew anything about football, you would know that if someone that size playing 4A football carried the ball 25-30 times a game, they would not last a full season (like he hasn't). Believe me, no one is scouting him to play RB at the next level at Baylor! If they are I now understand why they are below .500 almost every year. Now I played college football at Trinity Valley (Go Cardinals) and I highly doubt you ever played a down in your life the way it seems you are living your life through this very successful year for Vidor. It is not illegal for him to be recieving letters and making his allotted amount of visits. Do your research before you run your mouth! GO INDIANS!

[T[/quote]
[/quote]
[b]I told yall about arguing w/ 2cents, u will get a head ache.. this comment alone about bollinger having better stats b/c he has to share his carries, man this is some serious thinking outside the box.. and then he/she goes on to say Bollinger has offers/ interest from Baylor/ Lamar/SHSU/SFA..
In the words of the ESPN MONDAY NIGHT CREW "COME ON MAN"[/b]

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="raider44" post="1096804" timestamp="1319793733"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90536.msg1096798#msg1096798 date=1319787075]
[quote author=raider44 link=topic=90536.msg1096758#msg1096758 date=1319777442]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[b]Obviously you run your mouth about a team you know nothing about. In a BMT Ent article dated 10/12/11, there was a front page story about an undersized back named David Bolinger standing 5'5" weighing in at 128lbs[/b]. Now if you knew anything about football, you would know that if someone that size playing 4A football carried the ball 25-30 times a game, they would not last a full season (like he hasn't). Believe me, no one is scouting him to play RB at the next level at Baylor! If they are I now understand why they are below .500 almost every year. Now I played college football at Trinity Valley (Go Cardinals) and I highly doubt you ever played a down in your life the way it seems you are living your life through this very successful year for Vidor. It is not illegal for him to be recieving letters and making his allotted amount of visits. Do your research before you run your mouth! GO INDIANS!
[/quote]
I am David Bolinger's big brother. I think i would know more about him than a freaking article in the press. And as for the scholarship offers yes i was wrong and yes you are right i have never played a down of football so honestly i don't know much compared to some but i do know this. David has been small his entire life. Since he caught the eye of coach steve with his speed at age 6 and when he caught the eye of vidor later that year in football. There have been plenty of people just like you that have said he will not play at the next level because of his size. Your not the first. They said it when David was going from flag football to tackle division 1. And he shut everyone's mouth. They said it when moving to the 10-13 tackle divison and he showed everyone up again. They said it when he went to high school and he showed everyone up again. Yes i admit it is going to be hard for him but to underestimate him is to give him more fuel in proving all of yall wrong. So go ahead. Run your mouths. Your just helping him.

Just some NFL stats for you.
Jim Leonhard (5'8" 185), started on the jets in 2009, had 76 tackles, 5 deflected passes, 2.5 sacks, and a couple of turnovers. Trindon Holliday (5'5" 165) playing for the texans. Wes Welker (5'9" 185) played for the Patriots in 2007. In the 2007, 2008, and 2009 seasons, he received over 1,100 yards each year. In 2009, he had 1,348 yards in only 13 games. He led the league in receptions in 2007 and 2009 and he was a 2 time pro-bowler. Bob Sanders (5'8" 205) plays for the colts. Had his best year in 2007 with 96 tackles and multiple turnovers. He's a 2 time pro-bowler, Defensive player of the year, and Superbowl champion. Steve Smith (5'9" 185) 9 year veteran of the Carolina Panthers. In his career he has had 1000+ receiving yards in 6 straight years. In 2005 he lead all receivers in all catogories, catches, yards, and TD's. He has a total of 8500 yards in his career and 4 pro-bowls. And the final one is Darren Sproles (5'6" 190) starter for the New Orleans Saint now. He had his opening game in 2007 with the Chargers when LT went down with an injury against the Colts and had 2 touchdowns, one being the game winner. But the impressive feat was his all purpose yards. He got 328 all purpose yards that game. That's third in the NFL for most all purpose yards in a post season. He has over 5,000 kick return yards, 900 rushing yards, 900 receiving yards, and 1,000 punt return yards through a four season career. And he was never even the starter till 2010.

Now please tell these guys that they aren't big enough to play.

My, my, my......2cents this is a forum that is ran according to people's opinions and there's no need to get testy. Heck if another person's opinion makes your brother or any athlete less than what they are then shame on them. I try not to get personal on here and you will never find me talking about another person's child, my poor son has to deal with enough idiots and I don't want to be that to somebody else's child. These kids are doing what they can with what they have and I know that this poll won't make or break them. Best of luck to your brother and any other kid in whatever they decide to do on the next level.

Please let's get back to smart talk and crazy comments and out of our feelings......

u gotta realize 2cents...abunch of ppl are just like you on here..family members and friends...most on here just voicing there opinions about the ppl they know...im the same way sometimes...i have a brother that wears #4 on the indians! just dont take ne thing to heart about what ppl say on here..its just a thread of ppl supporting there players

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Enjun07" post="1097172" timestamp="1319822178"]
u gotta realize 2cents...abunch of ppl are just like you on here..family members and friends...[b]most on here just voicing there opinions about the ppl they know[/b]...im the same way sometimes...i have a brother that wears #4 on the indians! just dont take ne thing to heart about what ppl say on here..its just a thread of ppl supporting there players
[/quote]
Yes but what gets me worked up is when they post stuff about people that they don't know. And it really gets me going when that person is my brother.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Well i believe David has respect from most in this forum even though he did go down with an injury on his senior season and hasn't really had a comeback game till tonight he is still getting votes and that's good. Its just people like raider44 that just boil my blood sometimes.

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="1097184" timestamp="1319822871"]
2cent i dont think ppl are trying to talk down on your brother he is a good back but the thread started off asking for opinions on who we though were the best 2 backs in 20-4A.. size to me doesnt have anything to do w/ it comments where more less being made about scholarship offers that you just openly admitted were false..
[/quote]
i dont believe he openly admitted ne thing...i believe he was talking to me abou the scholarships..since i told him that he was wrong about the legality of scholarships

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="1097184" timestamp="1319822871"]
2cent i dont think ppl are trying to talk down on your brother he is a good back but the thread started off asking for opinions on who we though were the best 2 backs in 20-4A.. size to me doesnt have anything to do w/ it comments where more less being made about scholarship offers that you just openly admitted were false..
[/quote]
What i said i was wrong about was me saying that offering a scholarship at this time was illegal. David has in fact received attention from all the colleges that I named.

2 Cents, you posted a Thread Topic and I responded with Bertrand and Jones. You want to start attacking people who you know nothing about and who don't agree with you. My knowledge of your brother comes from this forum, the news, the newspaper, and word of mouth. I am a non biast pollster who does look at the stats and scouting reports!  You started the debate about  Jones and your brother, not I! I wish him all the luck and hope he does make SETX proud! But I still do not believe he is in the top 2! Maybe the top 5 or 6.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder