BUNA VS. EAST CHAMBERS BROADCAST/East Chambers wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="monknuk68" post="1096524" timestamp="1319768402"]
Will the game be shown on tv at a later date or nothing?
[/quote]

Because of the difficulties, the game will not air tonight.  As to whether it will air at a later date, I don't know.

Guest ECBucFan
I might be totally wrong about this, but doesn't this loss for Buna eliminate them? If Woodville beats Buna, Woodville is IN. Even if Buna were to upset Woodville, then would Anahuac go in 3rd due to head to head win vs. Buna? Can someone clarify the 3rd place? 

all i want to know is when i can watch these bucs on tv like we were promised. These seniors delivered the game of their lives at home for the last time. it was alot of wasted effort if this game is not aired at some time! the game was even played on thursday, a short week of preparation for both of these teams to be on the tv.

[quote name="chambers co." post="1096774" timestamp="1319778810"]
all i want to know is when i can watch these bucs on tv like we were promised. These seniors delivered the game of their lives at home for the last time. it was alot of wasted effort if this game is not aired at some time! the game was even played on thursday, a short week of preparation for both of these teams to be on the tv.
[/quote]

Only KFDM can answer that question.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1096759" timestamp="1319777483"]
I might be totally wrong about this, but doesn't this loss for Buna eliminate them? If Woodville beats Buna, Woodville is IN. Even if Buna were to upset Woodville, then would Anahuac go in 3rd due to head to head win vs. Buna? Can someone clarify the 3rd place? 
[/quote]

The short answer is it depends on what happens tomorrow night.  If Anahuac loses to Newton and Woodville were to lose to Kountze all 3 would be tied with a 3-3 district mark.  Buna would then be able to get in if they defeated Woodville and Anahuac lost.  That would put Buna at 4-3 and Woodville and Anahuac at 3-4.

If Anahuac loses and Woodville wins, that would put Woodville all alone in 3rd at 4-2 and Buna and Anahuac at 3-3.  A Buna win the following week with an Anahuac loss would put Buna in as they would have a 4-3 record along with Woodville and Anahuac back at 3-4 with Buna getting in with the tiebreaker over Woodville.

If both Anahuac and Woodville win, that would put Anahuac and Woodville at 4-2 with Buna at 3-3.  Buna would be eliminated because even with a win and an Anahuac loss, they would not be able to make up enought points to pass both Woodville and Anahuac in the point spread tiebreaker. As it currently stands on the point spread tiebreaker, Woodville is +15, Anahuac is +3 and Buna is -18.  The best Buna could do on the point spread is 0 which would leave them 3 points behind Anahuac for the final spot.

First i wanna say Congrats on the win to East Chambers, it was great to see a team that is well coached.  Now i know that this will make some Buna fans upset but the cougars will not make the playoffs. The kids have played hard and given their best, they deserve to make the playoffs, but i really don't think that the Cougars should make the playoffs and it is because of the coaches. Now there are a couple of coaches that are really trying to make a difference, but i believe that some have gotten complacent, comfortable, and don't really put these kids in the best scenerio's to win games.
The offense has to change, it has not changed much in the last few years and the other teams in district KNOW how to stop buna's offense very easily. L. Williams is probably out for the season with a severe ankle or foot injury, which happened late in the 4th quarter and with East Chambers up by 41. Why the star running back would still be in the game at that time, baffles the heck out of me and many others. Should the coaches have pulled him for the game and made sure he was ready for the game next week, HECK YES! Similar situation last week happened while playing Warren, why would the starting qb, K. Clark still be in the game as the holder for the extra points while Buna is up by alot, is beyond me. He broke his arm after being hit and falling to the ground after a bad snap caused him to have to scramble.  The starting quarterback for tonights game, G. Patrick, never came out of the game except on kickoffs. Besides playing quarterback, he was also the deep snapper, safety, and returner for both the kickoff return and punt return. The first team players for buna are dragging their tongues after the game, due to the majority of them hardly ever coming off the field, most of them play both ways. Are there kids on the sideline capable of doing a good job if they are subsituted in, YES, but this hardly ever happens. The starting offensive line is basically your starting defensive line and linebackers. I watched East Chambers subsituting their defensive line alot tonight, which kept their players fresh and very much into the game. Great job by the E.C. coaching staff!
  I know i will have to hear it from alot of people about my post and that is fine, everyone has their opinions, but there needs to be some serious consideration, by the powers to be with Buna athletics to find some new coaches!

BCoogs I understand your frustration and there are a number of decisions that have puzzled me throughout this season.  But in defense of the coaches, the team we played last night, not only shutout Anahuac, a team that beat us by 3 TD's , but also dominated Newton, another team that beat us by 21+ points.  At least in those 2 games, we were in them until halftime.  We were never in this game, EC is that good.  EC is no doubt the class of this district and has deservedly won the district crown again.  Congrats to EC on another title and good luck to you in the playoffs.  Lavergne and Roberts had solid perfomances among others for the Bucs tonight.  As for the Coogs, you never gave up, you guys got alot of heart and whether you know it or not, win or lose, all of us fans from Buna are proud of you.  Keep up the hard work and lets' beat the Eagles next week.  GO COUGARS!!!

Guest ECBucFan
It appears that Buna will soon realign to 3A, and no longer be an district opponent of EC. If so I want to wish them well in the seasons ahead. Perhaps we can stay predistrict opponents. This has been a good rivalry through the years and I hope it can continue. Observing the game last night, I have to agree with BCoogs assessment. I think they got wore down as the game progressed. One thing to keep in mind though is that even with the score out of hand and winded players, the Coogs never quit effort wise. I always a respect a team that fights to the end, and Buna always does.

BTW, nice pick by #60. Its really cool to see a lineman snag one! Also, that had to be two of the best bands ever to share the halftime field. Well done, both bands! Good luck in the days and seasons ahead, Cougars.  :)           

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1096500" timestamp="1319767715"]
At the end of the 3rd, EC leads 47-6.  But Buna may have suffered a bigger loss as it looks like Lynn Williams was taken off of the field with an leg injury.
[/quote]

Buna never gave up and played hard every down. Best of luck to Lynn Williams on his severe ankle or foot injury. Mr. Williams sure can hold his head up because he had a heck of a year and I hope he is back for the last game.

Aside from football, another great effort was put forth last night as well, as fans from both teams donated a total of over $4000, collected by cheerleaders in the stands to be donated to the Julie Rogers Foundation in an effort to fight breast cancer.  No matter what the score was, two small communties came together for one cause last night.  The performance by the EC band to honor all current cancer patients and all cancer survivors was a touching moment.  Well done! 

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="bruno994" post="1096824" timestamp="1319801228"]
BCoogs I understand your frustration and there are a number of decisions that have puzzled me throughout this season.  But in defense of the coaches, the team we played last night, not only shutout Anahuac, a team that beat us by 3 TD's , [b]but also dominated Newton, another team that beat us by 21+ points[/b].  At least in those 2 games, we were in them until halftime.  We were never in this game, EC is that good.  EC is no doubt the class of this district and has deservedly won the district crown again.  Congrats to EC on another title and good luck to you in the playoffs.  Lavergne and Roberts had solid perfomances among others for the Bucs tonight.  As for the Coogs, you never gave up, you guys got alot of heart and whether you know it or not, win or lose, all of us fans from Buna are proud of you.  Keep up the hard work and lets' beat the Eagles next week.  GO COUGARS!!!
[/quote]

Take it easy with that statement there.. They did not dominate Newton it was a close game all the way to the end..

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1096900" timestamp="1319808660"]
[quote author=bruno994 link=topic=90516.msg1096824#msg1096824 date=1319801228]
BCoogs I understand your frustration and there are a number of decisions that have puzzled me throughout this season.  But in defense of the coaches, the team we played last night, not only shutout Anahuac, a team that beat us by 3 TD's , [b]but also dominated Newton, another team that beat us by 21+ points[/b].  At least in those 2 games, we were in them until halftime.  We were never in this game, EC is that good.  EC is no doubt the class of this district and has deservedly won the district crown again.  Congrats to EC on another title and good luck to you in the playoffs.  Lavergne and Roberts had solid perfomances among others for the Bucs tonight.  As for the Coogs, you never gave up, you guys got alot of heart and whether you know it or not, win or lose, all of us fans from Buna are proud of you.  Keep up the hard work and lets' beat the Eagles next week.  GO COUGARS!!!
[/quote]

Take it easy with that statement there.. They did not dominate Newton it was a close game all the way to the end..
[/quote] that is ture Newton had the game won till the nut cuting than they gave it away, but all that matters is EC got the W

[quote name="chambers co." post="1096774" timestamp="1319778810"]
[/quote]WHOA chambers co., I agree that every kid should have the chance to watch themselves on tv once in their lives. But to say it was a wasted effort is ridiculous!!!!! There is no such thing as a wasted effort when you rebound from an 0-2 start with a new coach & a new system, then grind away at an undefeated run in district because of the coaching staff's dedication & trust in this team. I don't think any of those players would call it a wasted effort. I think you could have cleared the stadium of fans & gotten the same 110% effort from these kids!!!!

[quote name="Water Boy 21" post="1096906" timestamp="1319809199"]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=90516.msg1096900#msg1096900 date=1319808660]
[/quote]

[/quote] that is ture Newton had the game won till the nut cuting than they gave it away, but all that matters is EC got the W
[/quote]

WaterBOY does not know what he is talking about. EC was never behind and Newton never had the game won. If anybody was trying to give the game away it was EC handing Newton 14 points. 7 in the first half with snap going over punter into endzone and 7 in 2 half with EC having a chance to fall on a fumble but tried to pick up and missed, then Newton picked it up for about 70 yard TD. You must be thinking about a different game. Newton didn't give anything away.

[quote name="bruno994" post="1096824" timestamp="1319801228"]
BCoogs I understand your frustration and there are a number of decisions that have puzzled me throughout this season.  But in defense of the coaches, the team we played last night, not only shutout Anahuac, a team that beat us by 3 TD's , but also dominated Newton, another team that beat us by 21+ points.  At least in those 2 games, we were in them until halftime.  We were never in this game, EC is that good.  EC is no doubt the class of this district and has deservedly won the district crown again.  Congrats to EC on another title and good luck to you in the playoffs.  Lavergne and Roberts had solid perfomances among others for the Bucs tonight.  As for the Coogs, you never gave up, you guys got alot of heart and whether you know it or not, win or lose, all of us fans from Buna are proud of you.  Keep up the hard work and lets' beat the Eagles next week.  GO COUGARS!!!
[/quote]

Bruno, you have a valid point. Let's think about the 2 games that we were in until halftime. The big difference that Newton and Anahuac made during the halftime of those two games, were They mad adjustments either at halftime or throughtout the game. I have not seen this happen at Buna very much. Every coach in the district knows Buna's offense, they know L. Williams will get the ball. You watch the games and you see at least 8 to 9 defensive players, sometimes even more, 3 yards from the ball when Buna is on offense. This started at the Newton game and has continued in every game since. The plays that go the the outside and the passes usually produce good yards because it surprises the heck out of the other team, but those plays only happen rarely, because Buna goes back to running between the tackles. 
  I have always thought that it was the Buna players who got scared when they knew they were playing Newton. After watching the game, i came away with a different opinion. It is not the players who are scared, it is the COACHES.  In the Anahuac and East Chambers games, it was obvious that adjustments were not being made, but even if they were, the players were so tired that they would not have been able to play to their fullest. Go back and look at game films, if you can, or think back to the games, look at the size of the kids sitting on the sideline just waiting to get in. Could they be used to give the starters a break, YES, would it be beneficial to the team, the starters and the subsitutes, YES, but does it happen HECK NO.

That's how I thought the game went.  Maybe I misspoke (a word I borrowed from Andy Pettite), what I should have said was the EC defense dominated the Newton O.  My bad EagleFan01.  Newton is a very solid team, we played them great in the first half, then the speed and power took over and they ran away with it.  It was my opinion that they were dominated by EC, in your opinion they were not.  90 % of what is on these boards are opinions.  I was very impressed by the Newton squad as I was with Anahuac and EC.  Hopefully, I won't be as impressed by Woodville this next week, but from their performances, I probably will.  Once again, no disrespect was meant from any of my statements.[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1097064" timestamp="1319817174"]
[quote author=Water Boy 21 link=topic=90516.msg1096906#msg1096906 date=1319809199]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=90516.msg1096900#msg1096900 date=1319808660]
[/quote]

[/quote]

WaterBOY does not know what he is talking about. EC was never behind and Newton never had the game won. If anybody was trying to give the game away it was EC handing Newton 14 points. 7 in the first half with snap going over punter into endzone and 7 in 2 half with EC having a chance to fall on a fumble but tried to pick up and missed, then Newton picked it up for about 70 yard TD. You must be thinking about a different game. Newton didn't give anything away.
[/quote]

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1097064" timestamp="1319817174"]
[quote author=Water Boy 21 link=topic=90516.msg1096906#msg1096906 date=1319809199]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is correct. Two EC givaways gave Newton 14 points, and thats what kept Newton in the game. EC always led. Points are points, but takeaway the two givaways and EC cruises in that game. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder