• WOS
    • Silsbee

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="One4All" post="1092732" timestamp="1319464980"]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=90254.msg1092711#msg1092711 date=1319464155]
WOS fans have another thing comin if they think this will be an easy win....or a win at all for that matter.
[/quote] You are right because if it rains the field over there in Silsbee is garbage......... Nice stadium terrible field
[/quote]It has been 2 years since WOS tore-up the turf on Silsbee`s football field.  Are you telling me that they  still havent fixed it?

[quote name="skipper" post="1092884" timestamp="1319474931"]
sorry it should have been this way---------------take your heart pills before you come to this game some of us oldtimers  might need them  ;)
[/quote]

Yep.At least the Cowboys gave me a break yesterday for once.Don't look for Silsbee to be like the Rams though.

[quote name="speveto" post="1092865" timestamp="1319473990"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=90254.msg1092732#msg1092732 date=1319464980]
WOS fans have another thing comin if they think this will be an easy win....or a win at all for that matter.
[/quote] You are right because if it rains the field over there in Silsbee is garbage......... Nice stadium terrible field
[/quote]It has been 2 years since WOS tore-up the turf on Silsbee`s football field.  Are you telling me that they  still havent fixed it?
[/quote]
It is fixed but we will be watering round the clock, starting on Wendnesday.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1092725" timestamp="1319464788"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=90254.msg1092705#msg1092705 date=1319464022]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90254.msg1092602#msg1092602 date=1319432887]
[quote author=SetxFootball link=topic=90254.msg1092442#msg1092442 date=1319421684]
What happens if silsbee beats WOS by six points or more and BC wins the rest of there remaining games?? BC still plays coldspring?? Jw!
[/quote]

The way I understand the tiebreaker to be, if BC, Silsbee and WOS end up tied at 4-1, Silsbee goes DI and WOS would be DII #1 seed based on their head to head win over BC. Points would not come into play in this regard.

Points came into play last year because there were 3 teams tied at 3-2 (BC, Orangefield, Silsbee) and only two playoff spots left. (WOS district champion)
[/quote]

That is correct, AAW. Win or lose, if WOS beats HJ then they are the DII #1 seed due to head to head with OF or BC, whomever ends up in 2nd. Now, if WOS beats Silsbee and OF beats BC again, then you'll have the point situation again. If Silsbee is knocked out by that, then you will have BC as DI, but then OF will be the DII #2 seed.

I really hate situations like this because it almost behooves BC to lose to OF and get the DI route and avoid Coldspring in the first round. The same thing happened with LaVega a few years back, and it wound up being the right thing to do because they wound up in the state title game in DI.
[/quote]

Well, if it comes down to a 3 way tie with BC, Orangefield and Silsbee, then consider Silsbee in the playoffs.

Between those three teams, this is what the points look like right now:

BC  +6
OF  -8
SIL +2

In order for Orangefield to get in the playoffs (this is assuming Silsbee loses to WOS and defeats HF, BC defeats HF, Orangefeld defeats HJ) they would need to beat BC by 7 points or more. A 7 point win would give them a -1 point total and give BC a -1 point total. Silsbee would get one of the playoff spots with their +2 point total, Orangefield would get the other with their point total tied with BC at -1 (head to head win over BC).

BC gets in with a win over Orangefield or a loss to the Bobcats by 6 points or less.

Silsbee really only has to beat Hamshire-Fannett in that last week to get in the playoffs. Their point total assures them of a playoff spot in a tie with BC and Orangefield.
[/quote]

True, I hadn't looked at it that far.

obviously we had an off game. we threw interceptions. we had a qb who hadnt practiced the position all year. give him 1 week of practice and he throws 5 tds and 200 yards in the first half. granted it was against a horrrible hj defense, but if you were there you saw the difference in his passes from bc to hj. Im not sure if drake or reed will start friday but all im sayin is our offense will be ready to roll.

[quote name="stigers12" post="1093053" timestamp="1319485452"]
obviously we had an off game. we threw interceptions. we had a qb who hadnt practiced the position all year. give him 1 week of practice and he throws 5 tds and 200 yards in the first half. granted it was against a horrrible hj defense, but if you were there you saw the difference in his passes from bc to hj. Im not sure if drake or reed will start friday but all im sayin is our offense will be ready to roll.
[/quote] If If If If Can Be Said By All Teams. But The Score Was And Is  BC 6  Silsbee 0  I do not see Silsbee Scoring On WOS Defense

I honestly think Silsbee needs to start Drake. Reed is a fantastic QB and I think they should split snaps for the 1st half and go with one or the other the rest of the way. Silsbee hasn't faced a team all year as fast as WOS or as talented. At the end of the day, it will come down to turnovers, field position and coaching. With one for sure going to WOS, hopefully Silsbee can win the other 2. For some reason Silsbee seems to fall short in these big games. With only 2 district games left, a win over WOS and HF could be a heck of a momentum push heading into the playoffs. Good Luck Tigers!

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1093029" timestamp="1319483932"]
[quote author=Football Guy link=topic=90254.msg1092882#msg1092882 date=1319474769]
Silsbee wins 28 to 7!!
[/quote]

Remind me...how many points did yall score against BC?So your saying you can give me WO-S and twenty points.I'll have to get back with ya on that. ;D
[/quote]

If you look at the boxscores, WOS and Silsbee had about the same numbers against BC.  As did BC against WOS and Silsbee.  Yards for - Yards Against........with Silsbee having 6 picks.  BC got the ball back with time to do something with it four out of the six times.......28 point swing.

Could have...Should have.....blah blah blah.  I know.

I just feel it is up to Silsbee to choose if they win or not.  Silsbee wins. ;D

All the talk about the Silsbee/ BC game and from what I remember WOS offense did not score on BC either until really late in the game.  Had several WOS coaches biting their nails off.  Two of the three touchdowns that WOS scored on BC were on special teams and I don't look for Silsbee to give those up.....

I have to agree with what was said about the turnovers being the deciding factor in the Silsbee/BC game......I believe everyone learned from those mistakes and all the necessary corrections have been made.  I have confidence that the mustangs will find it tough to put any on the board against Silsbee defense.  Spearman could be the deciding factor in this game......

[quote name="Gladtobehere" post="1093191" timestamp="1319491018"]
All the talk about the Silsbee/ BC game and from what I remember WOS offense did not score on BC either until really late in the game.  Had several WOS coaches biting their nails off.  Two of the three touchdowns that WOS scored on BC were on special teams and I don't look for Silsbee to give those up.....

I have to agree with what was said about the turnovers being the deciding factor in the Silsbee/BC game......I believe everyone learned from those mistakes and all the necessary corrections have been made.  I have confidence that the mustangs will find it tough to put any on the board against Silsbee defense.  Spearman could be the deciding factor in this game......
[/quote]

special teams is part of football as is interceptions. it doesnt matter how we scored as long as we scored more than our opponent. i too have confidence that the silsbee offense will find it hard to score against the wos defense.

[quote name="speveto" post="1092865" timestamp="1319473990"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=90254.msg1092732#msg1092732 date=1319464980]
[/quote]

Showing your ignorance. Box score had Silsbee 269 total yards, WOS 69 total yards.  Silsbee's offense scored 12 points, WOS offense scored 0 points. Silsbee=Win, WOS=Lose. Silsbee=tore-up field, WOS=took it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho