WOS @ Silsbee poll

Guest CTH13

who takes it?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. who takes it?

• WOS
    • Silsbee

[quote name="skipper" post="1091610" timestamp="1319339233"]
yep speveto i did leave if you have read my pager HURRY HOME WIFE IS SICK  so i packed up in a hurry and left . and by the way sir what is your reason to put that crap up on me :o
[/quote]

Someone must have peed in his cheerios. Lol.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with key players out at wo-s who knows it looks like the mustangs will haft to relly buckle down and not give up the big plays to silsbee  becouse the tigers are a big play team lots of speed all around.now (IF) the mustangs can put press on the QB like thay did agnest bridge city it will be a short fun happy ride home THIS IS A HUGE GAME for both teams silsbee and wo-s coaching staff know this i will say this about the kids from wo-s  thay are starting to belive in themself agan  PS sorry for the spelling

[quote name="skipper" post="1091610" timestamp="1319339233"]
yep speveto i did leave if you have read my pager HURRY HOME WIFE IS SICK  so i packed up in a hurry and left . and by the way sir what is your reason to put that crap up on me :o
[/quote]"SIR", is your wife OK.

[quote name="skipper" post="1091962" timestamp="1319388735"]
thanks for asking she is better  my doughter found her passed out on the floor ran test friday night and will get the word from her dr monday thanks agan for careing
[/quote]

Hope things go well at the dr, she gets a good report, and is feeling much better.

[quote name="SetxFootball" post="1092442" timestamp="1319421684"]
What happens if silsbee beats WOS by six points or more and BC wins the rest of there remaining games?? BC still plays coldspring?? Jw!
[/quote]

Actually, it is only 5 points which would put WO-S at a 0 spread and behind BC with a +1 spread.  I haven't had an official word on what the tiebreaker is, but under the standard tiebreakers, I would think the above scenario with the parameters you discussed would apply.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1092548" timestamp="1319427383"]
[quote author=SetxFootball link=topic=90254.msg1092442#msg1092442 date=1319421684]
What happens if silsbee beats WOS by six points or more and BC wins the rest of there remaining games?? BC still plays coldspring?? Jw!
[/quote]

Actually, it is only 5 points which would put WO-S at a 0 spread and behind BC with a +1 spread.  I haven't had an official word on what the tiebreaker is, but under the standard tiebreakers, I would think the above scenario with the parameters you discussed would apply.
[/quote]
I was wondering about  that as well.  With all the statements leaning towards WOS being second,  I figured that they must have been pulling the Tigers out as the big school before breaking a tie between BC and WOS.

[quote name="SetxFootball" post="1092442" timestamp="1319421684"]
[/quote]

The way I understand the tiebreaker to be, if BC, Silsbee and WOS end up tied at 4-1, Silsbee goes DI and WOS would be DII #1 seed based on their head to head win over BC. Points would not come into play in this regard.

Points came into play last year because there were 3 teams tied at 3-2 (BC, Orangefield, Silsbee) and only two playoff spots left. (WOS district champion)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1092602" timestamp="1319432887"]
[quote author=SetxFootball link=topic=90254.msg1092442#msg1092442 date=1319421684]
[/quote]

The way I understand the tiebreaker to be, if BC, Silsbee and WOS end up tied at 4-1, Silsbee goes DI and WOS would be DII #1 seed based on their head to head win over BC. Points would not come into play in this regard.

Points came into play last year because there were 3 teams tied at 3-2 (BC, Orangefield, Silsbee) and only two playoff spots left. (WOS district champion)
[/quote]

That is correct, AAW. Win or lose, if WOS beats HJ then they are the DII #1 seed due to head to head with OF or BC, whomever ends up in 2nd. Now, if WOS beats Silsbee and OF beats BC again, then you'll have the point situation again. If Silsbee is knocked out by that, then you will have BC as DI, but then OF will be the DII #2 seed.

I really hate situations like this because it almost behooves BC to lose to OF and get the DI route and avoid Coldspring in the first round. The same thing happened with LaVega a few years back, and it wound up being the right thing to do because they wound up in the state title game in DI. 

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1092705" timestamp="1319464022"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90254.msg1092602#msg1092602 date=1319432887]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is correct, AAW. Win or lose, if WOS beats HJ then they are the DII #1 seed due to head to head with OF or BC, whomever ends up in 2nd. Now, if WOS beats Silsbee and OF beats BC again, then you'll have the point situation again. If Silsbee is knocked out by that, then you will have BC as DI, but then OF will be the DII #2 seed.

I really hate situations like this because it almost behooves BC to lose to OF and get the DI route and avoid Coldspring in the first round. The same thing happened with LaVega a few years back, and it wound up being the right thing to do because they wound up in the state title game in DI.
[/quote]

Well, if it comes down to a 3 way tie with BC, Orangefield and Silsbee, then consider Silsbee in the playoffs.

Between those three teams, this is what the points look like right now:

BC  +6
OF  -8
SIL +2

In order for Orangefield to get in the playoffs (this is assuming Silsbee loses to WOS and defeats HF, BC defeats HF, Orangefeld defeats HJ) they would need to beat BC by 7 points or more. A 7 point win would give them a -1 point total and give BC a -1 point total. Silsbee would get one of the playoff spots with their +2 point total, Orangefield would get the other with their point total tied with BC at -1 (head to head win over BC).

BC gets in with a win over Orangefield or a loss to the Bobcats by 6 points or less.

Silsbee really only has to beat Hamshire-Fannett in that last week to get in the playoffs. Their point total assures them of a playoff spot in a tie with BC and Orangefield.

[quote name="stigers12" post="1092711" timestamp="1319464155"]
WOS fans have another thing comin if they think this will be an easy win....or a win at all for that matter.
[/quote] You are right because if it rains the field over there in Silsbee is garbage......... Nice stadium terrible field

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder