184 members have voted

1. 1. who takes it?

• WOS
    • Silsbee

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn on this one.... I think the Mustangs are playing so well defensively that they are making up for any offensive struggles.... However, Silsbee's offense, when completely healthy, is as explosive as anyone else in Southeast Texas.... It's a home game as well for the Tigers, and I think when the night is over with....

WO-S gets it done....

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1090983" timestamp="1319302219"]
I think anyone with any kind of football knowledge would have trouble picking a winner out of these two teams...I think Pick'ems may get a little interesting this week..
[/quote]

You have to throw out all of the homer picks including mine, which is WOS.

Year in and year out, Silsbee plays WOS tough. It will be a close game anyway we slice it.  Having seen both Silsbee and WOS, I will go with the Mustangs.  I am basing this purely on intangibles.  Silsbee probably has more talent on their side of the field but seem to also have a greater ability to implode. A barn-burner for sure in Tigerland!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1090964" timestamp="1319301085"]
I've seen all three BC, WOS and Silsbee. Let me finish this house project, I'm on break at the moment and will give you an opinion later on.
[/quote]

Well, I hope you saw Silsbee in a game other than the BC game.  Otherwise, I already know what you will say about the Tigers. 8)

[quote name="skipper" post="1090738" timestamp="1319289693"]
mustangs are playing at silsbee and thats a very hard place to win
[/quote]How would you know. If the game gets close, you always get in your car and go home.  Just like you did last night.  Last night you left but our players did not leave.  They gave us the best finish to a football game that I`ve  seen in a long time.  I hope you beat the traffic, skipper.

Sometimes its not the team that scores 50 points a game to be worried about,....its the ones that somehow find a way to win in any circumstance. Seen many teams over the years make a huge run in the playoffs with barely winning their games in season.

"mustangs are playing at silsbee and thats a very hard place to win"
Skipperx your half wrong!
[quote name="speveto" post="1091056" timestamp="1319309213"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=90254.msg1090738#msg1090738 date=1319289693]
mustangs are playing at silsbee and thats a very hard place to win
[/quote]How would you know. If the game gets close, you always get in your car and go home.  Just like you did last night.  Last night you left but our players did not leave.  They gave us the best finish to a football game that I`ve  seen in a long time.  I hope you beat the traffic, skipper.
[/quote]

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1091060" timestamp="1319309486"]
Silsbee hasn't played their best ball yet! I'm hoping this week they do. They only game I saw was Newton and for a full half, Silsbee played very well. Penalties and INT's have been a thorn to kill some drives.
[/quote]

The same can be said for WOS. And if I were a betting man, I would bet that the Mustangs are beginning to believe in themselves again. Even with several backups and even a backups, backup, they still found a way... Starters will be back next week...

Who the heck has silsbee played to think they are so Good? The only good team they have played is bc and they lost! The mustangs are going into silsbee on a high! If wos is healthy this week they will walk out of silsbee with a cushion! Silsbee turned the ball over 6 times in the bc game, if they throw picks against the stangs they will be returned for 6! Wos wins this one 24-7

WO-S is WO-S. Yes, we have played them tooth and nail for the past five or six year and came up a couple of points short in each game. Silsbee love playing WOS, it gets us better prepared for the playoffs. No one has given WO-S a game like Silsbee has in that time. Up intill two year ago WOS had never lost a district game. So the champoins from the last two years hook up again and with the way these two defense's are playing it will be low scoring. I will be a homer and pick Silbee to win, because that's just the way I roll. Go Tigers!!!

P.S.  Fear the Horn

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder