PNG. VS Vidor

Guest KHS 89

Who takes it  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it

• PNG
    • Vidor

[quote name="Enjun07" post="1090562" timestamp="1319259819"]
i think it will be an old fashioned but whooping..png 38 vidor 14...and im looking forward to being called classless from another fan base
[/quote]

PNG may win this game, but I woudln't count on an old fashioned butt whooping...Vidor is going to win the win the war in the trenches...the question is, can they get after the QB the way Nederland did to disrupt the passing game...PNG's question will be can they keep Vidor's offense off of the field...I can see both teams have trouble defensively in this one...should be real interesting

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't really judge Vidor's defense by the other team's points, especially when they go up by a lot early.  You'll notice Central's scores came at the end of the game.  Mathew's isn't the type of guy to run up the score, he lets everyone play.  Class.  Something PNG wouldn't know anything about.

[quote name="invictus" post="1090808" timestamp="1319293760"]
You can't really judge Vidor's defense by the other team's points, especially when they go up by a lot early.  You'll notice Central's scores came at the end of the game.  Mathew's isn't the type of guy to run up the score, he lets everyone play.  Class.  Something PNG wouldn't know anything about.
[/quote]We all know Vidor is full of class! Quit rubbing it in!

[quote name="Razor" post="1090784" timestamp="1319292543"]
[quote author=Enjun07 link=topic=90240.msg1090562#msg1090562 date=1319259819]
i think it will be an old fashioned but whooping..png 38 vidor 14...and im looking forward to being called classless from another fan base
[/quote]

PNG may win this game, but I woudln't count on an old fashioned butt whooping...Vidor is going to win the win the war in the trenches...the question is, can they get after the QB the way Nederland did to disrupt the passing game...PNG's question will be can they keep Vidor's offense off of the field...I can see both teams have trouble defensively in this one...should be real interesting
[/quote]

I have to agree with you here. If I remember right we had our hands full last year with a 28-17 victory at their homecoming. I bet this is still in the back of their minds also!!!! Just looking forward to a good game at the Rez. My vote is going to go to PN-G in a hard fought battle. ;)

[quote name="invictus" post="1090808" timestamp="1319293760"]
[/quote]
So because the opponents that we beat big didn't score late in games, you suggest without proof that we don't play our backups? Interesting. How about our backups don't give up points and they keep moving the ball on offense. That ever occur to you?

>Against GP our backups held off the GP offense the whole 4th Q and our second Offense scored on a 60 yard run.
>Against Lumberton our backups held off a game Lumberton group and on O drove the length of the field and scored midway through the 4th.
>Last night our second unit drove down field and took a knee inside the 10 twice with over a minute left.

Again I hate to cloud your judgement of others with FACTS, but someone had to do it.

I look forward to what should be a great entertaining contest. The atmosphere should be amaizing as I am sure the Pirates will fill the stands and be loud.

I think PNG has an advantage having played Livingston and Lumberton already. Three weeks of preparation for that offense can't hurt.

Looking forward to seeing the Quarante kid. Heard great things about his play.

Invictus, if i were a moderator, i'd kick you out of here. You're bitterness is very evident and your negative comments stink up these boards. Go find a circle of friends to complain to and agree with. Your opinion is valued to some extent and we respect that you have one, but your comments are ridiculous and you are acting like the very people you think you are calling out.

[quote name="PinoNDN" post="1090902" timestamp="1319297850"]
Invictus, if i were a moderator, i'd kick you out of here. You're bitterness is very evident and your negative comments stink up these boards. Go find a circle of friends to complain to and agree with. Your opinion is valued to some extent and we respect that you have one, but your comments are ridiculous and you are acting like the very people you think you are calling out.
[/quote]
Nice!

[quote name="PinoNDN" post="1090902" timestamp="1319297850"]
[/quote]
BINGO
This is about a HS football game. You want to talk about PNG not being classy, yet the only one getting personal on this thread is YOU. What does that say about VIDOR. Very little. Because most people I know from over there don't share your attitude. Most Vidorians I know are good people. And a few bad Black and Gold apples don't spoil the lot. Same can be said for PNG fans.

This game should be one of the better games in Week 9.... I like Vidor in the contest because of their defense....  PNG obviously has a few offensive weapons that can break big plays, but with the Pirates controlling the clock and limiting the offensive possessions for PNG, the chances of them breaking one go way down....

I think both of these teams will end up in the playoffs, but I'll take Vidor in Week 9!

Man, I read alot of the different topics on these boards and it's crazy how vicious people are towards PNG. People that say these things are serious too, they can't stand PNG. It's insane to thank that people hate a community that bad. Our community has faults just like any other community, but I can tell you that I've lived in several communities Katy, PNG, Ft. Bend, Beaumont. All of these communities were big into athletics ie. Katy HS, but at PNG it's a way of life. Fans truely bleed purple and I think area schools can't stand that. Stop the hatred and respect the program. Just my two cents.

I keep reading all these posts about Vidors defense and how it will be the difference in the game and maybe it will be, but for some reason people are failing to realize that the PNG D has been pretty darn good as of late. As a matter of fact against like opponents PNG has given up fewer points than Vidor.

Vidor                  PNG
Nederland      19-[b]22[/b]              21-[b]24[/b]                +2
Lumberton*    30-[b]26[/b]              57-[b]10[/b]                -16
Ozen*          21-[b]14[/b]              34-[b]7[/b]                  -7
LCM              36-[b]14[/b]              35-[b]7[/b]                  -7

Vidor has given up 28 more points in those games. So much for that ball control theory. Looks to me like ball control has just made some of their games a lot closer than they should be. Just my opinion using facts.

I have to go with PN-G on this one... I think the difference in the game is each team's offensive scheme. The Indians are capable of moving the ball in the air and on the ground rather effectively. Vidor, depends on a predominant ground game and although they have had a little success in mixing in a pass here and there, they have not had to depend on it a lot.  If the Indians are able to hold Vidor defensively and get ahead by a couple of TD's, then the clock becomes Vidor's biggest enemy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell