Port Neches-Groves vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/PN-G wins!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Beargrowl" post="1090810" timestamp="1319293807"]
The immaturity on this thread is unbelievable! This isn't about college or pro comparison or has nothing to do with the score. It's about showing respect. Sezer was down for a good while. It's not like he sprained an ankle. These are 16, 17 year old kids who will most likely never play football again.

What happened, when your #24, Lance went down, the scoreboard flashed his name, why? Respect and sportsmanship which obviously png has neither! Your the ones who are pathetic!
[/quote]Did not see any of LCM taken a knee? So a name on the scoreboard is Respect? LOL !

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigred360" post="1090965" timestamp="1319301092"]
I don't hate PN-G as I dated a girl from there for about 7 years and most of her friends were pretty cool.  I know Ron McGill and several guys off the 88-89 teams for the Indians.
[/quote]
Then why say you can't wait for them to get knocked out of the playoffs, if they get in?

[quote name="bigred360" post="1090951" timestamp="1319300423"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=90223.msg1090920#msg1090920 date=1319298932]
After reading the ridiculous posts on the tail end of this thread, it's clear we now have a new leader in the "WHINER" division.  Congrats Bear fans!!!
[/quote]

And the award for most obnoxious fan's goes to those few in PN-G that make post like the above. I still have video of your 88 team that was 0-10. Every program has it's up's and down's with some more than others but I can't wait for PN-G to be knocked out of the playoffs. Your run will be short lived.
[/quote]
Um that 88 team went 1-9 in 5A thank you! ;D And 12-2 the next year in 4A.

At least we'll have a run! That's like saying "I can't wait till the Prom Queen breaks up with you!" ;D
All in good fun of course. I've got alot of good friends over there in Bear country and have the utmost respect for them as people. If my kids didn't go to PNG, LCM would be my next choice due to the quality of education they would recieve and the good people of those two communities.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1090970" timestamp="1319301430"]
Honestly, just to piss the dude off saying that all the bear fan's are whinners.
[/quote]

I love it when people just flat out give honest answers. Like it or not he gave an honest answer.

LC-M has has a couple of deep runs in the playoff too. Under Coach David Williams (brother was an assistant) in 1994 we were 11-1, 1995 we were 9-2, 1997 we were 11-3 losing to LaMarque in the 4A quarterfinals. So, the Bears have had playoff success, several players play college ball and a friend of mine went to training camp with Tampa Bay.

Then back in my day, 1981 we were 7-3 (only one team went to the playoffs), in 1983 we were 7-3 again.

Sorry about being wrong on the 88 team that was 1-9 instead of 0-10. The Bears beat the Indians 13-0. However, you are wrong as it was their first year in 4A.

Then the year you were bragging about 89, PN-G beat LC-M 34-28. That game my brother had two TD's with one being a 90 yard KO return. Blocked a FG and the Bears were at the Indians 20 yard line when the game ended. 

So I know a little about the history of LC-M football.

[quote name="td" post="1090952" timestamp="1319300523"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=90223.msg1090936#msg1090936 date=1319299563]
WHAT BC DIDN'T TAKE A KNEE????
So it's not true as one Bear fan stated that PNG is the only HS that doesn't do this??? Once again FACTS!
[/quote]

I'm not sure of what their practices are but continuing to prepare for the game is smart. If a kid is seriously injured then I think most people would be silent and take a knee.

WOS had a tragic experience last year that was worthy of a knee being taken. Not only that, but prayers also. We couldn't have asked for more respect and support than we got.
[/quote]

Well TD I was at game. Kid wasn't moving much. When is it worthy to take a knee? Wouldn't it be easier to just do it to keep everyone from whining about it?  Good game Indians and goog luck going forward.

[quote name="Scalpem06" post="1090889" timestamp="1319297393"]
I think you would have had to tackle our third string indian spirit this year..the first two started cramping up from getting to dance to cherokee all night.. Lol want to talk about funny? Thats funny
[/quote]

There ya go Scalpem, that is funny right there. Hey we have two bear mascots. I say we get them to meet in the parking lot after the game and let em get it on.  Our mascot is tougher than yours. I take the bears over Indian spirit with a tko in round 3. ;D

As an Lcm fan at the game last night, I will say I and many around me were embarrassed by the [b][u]select FEW[/u][/b] fans hollering out for png players to take a knee.

I will say to the best of my memory, it seems like most teams I have seen will be silent and take a knee when it APPEARS to be a serious injury.  That was the case last night.  The collision occurred on the Lcm sideline and we had the best view of what appeared to be a very serious injury.  I believe that is what added fuel to the fire.  It had the appearance of a serious injury ( remember last year the orange community had to witness a players death on the sideline ) and it seemed disrespectful to the LCM community that on the png sideline the coaches and players were preparing for the next play while this LCM player layed almost motionless on the field. 

All that being said, I doubt the png players/coaches saw how violent the collision was.  And, regardless, the booing from the lcm fans and the hollering to "take a knee" was ( in my opinion ) classless. 

When your getting your "arse" kicked...  show class.  Tip your hat and work you "arse" off to go get 'em next year.

I may also add I have no problem with a winning team allowing their second and third string to score REGARDLESS of the score.  If you don't like it, then stop them.  Those kids deserve that chance to showcase their skills as well... and many of those kids never get a chance.

If I'm losing, the last thing I want is the winning team to "lay down" for me...  give me your best for four full quarters... and let my team do the same.

Good luck to the indians from here on out... I envy the support your community shows for your team. 

God bless.

A bear fan,

jf

Nice post JF as I attended another game but I can tell you if one of our players are seriously hurt my only focus is on that young man/lady and what our trainers and medical staff or doing. I would hope the LC-M kids would be worried about a fellow team-mate and huddle around and maybe say a prayer but I could care less what the other team is doing.

Both mid-county schools have great tradition and passionate fan's.

As you can see, I never post on here, just read, but I think jf said it best. It looked like due to the condition of the injury which did look serious, it appeared the png players and coaches weren't giving the injury its due respect. I'm sure if the injury resulted in an ambulance, I would assume and hoped that png would have then been respectful to that.

But Sezer is ok and we appreciate in a way earlier post those NDNs who asked about him.

But to comment for the record of another previous post, I do think lcm took a knee for #24.

Peace out!

[quote name="bigred360" post="1090881" timestamp="1319297019"]
Can a LC-M fan or alumnus please tell me what is going on in North Orange? I can't believe the difference in the team. I know we lost a lot of talent from last year with Sonnier and Hunter Gonzales but all HS teams lose talent every year.

Thanks for the reply.
[/quote]

Hey bigred

Hunter and Sonnier weren't just talent, they were special! Hunter has been some hard shoes to fill, we're struggling at the quarterback position. Harmon is probably just as good receiver as Zack, but I don't think the playbook utilizes him enough. we seem to be about the same defensively.

PNG was 4A in the Fall FB season of 1988, not 5A.

[quote name="badndn" post="1090978" timestamp="1319301823"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=90223.msg1090951#msg1090951 date=1319300423]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=90223.msg1090920#msg1090920 date=1319298932]
After reading the ridiculous posts on the tail end of this thread, it's clear we now have a new leader in the "WHINER" division.  Congrats Bear fans!!!
[/quote]

And the award for most obnoxious fan's goes to those few in PN-G that make post like the above. I still have video of your 88 team that was 0-10. Every program has it's up's and down's with some more than others but I can't wait for PN-G to be knocked out of the playoffs. Your run will be short lived.
[/quote]
Um that 88 team went 1-9 in 5A thank you! ;D And 12-2 the next year in 4A.

At least we'll have a run! That's like saying "I can't wait till the Prom Queen breaks up with you!" ;D
All in good fun of course. I've got alot of good friends over there in Bear country and have the utmost respect for them as people. If my kids didn't go to PNG, LCM would be my next choice due to the quality of education they would recieve and the good people of those two communities.
[/quote]

Ok...I was at the game last night and saw the play. We were looking at the player after the play because how hard he hit. Everyone around pretty much said the same thing in that we hoped the kid was alright because of the hit. To me it did not seem that long before we saw him move his legs and everyone sighed in relief, I also figured the neck was ok after they took the helmet off. From what I could tell the coaches were looking and making sure he was ok. Instead of having our players in the way Faircloth pulled the kids over to talk to them. We all figured they were being extra careful because of the injury. Had there been no movement from the player, I can assure you our boys would have been just as prayerful as any, including our stands. When LCM started hollering I was pretty much confused on what the issue was. There was no intention of disrespect....

It does not matter how long a player is down on the field you should respect the other team as well as the player down and put a knee down. Its common courtesy. That shows you how much class some high school football teams in southeast Texas have or don't have. Not kneeing down for a player is like not taking your hat off for the national anthem.

Bb[quote name="Blackrose#2" post="1091184" timestamp="1319319538"]
It does not matter how long a player is down on the field you should respect the other team as well as the player down and put a knee down. Its common courtesy. That shows you how much class some high school football teams in southeast Texas have or don't have. Not kneeing down for a player is like not taking your hat off for the national anthem.
[/quote]
Blackrose...I hope you realize how stupid your statement is...taking a knee when someone is injured is not remotely close to not taking your hat off for the national anthem...that's the dumbest comparison I've ever heard of. How is standing during an injury disrespectful? PNG is doing nothing wrong...get over yourself.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Itiswhatitis" post="1091319" timestamp="1319328737"]
Bb[quote author=Blackrose#2 link=topic=90223.msg1091184#msg1091184 date=1319319538]
[/quote]
Blackrose...I hope you realize how stupid your statement is...taking a knee when someone is injured is not remotely close to not taking your hat off for the national anthem...that's the dumbest comparison I've ever heard of. How is standing during an injury disrespectful? PNG is doing nothing wrong...get over yourself.
[/quote]
To most people taking your hat off during the National Anthem is a sign of respect for our country and a team taking a knee during an injury is a sign of respect for the other team. They are both signs of respect. Weather yall choose to believe it or not is irrelevant. Arguing against it is like the marijuana people arguing that its not bad for the body.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder