Vidor vs. Beaumont Central Game Thread/Vidor wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrads, Vidor.  You don't clinch since Ozen won, but you will eventually get in.  Congrads.  You ran the ball well. You passed on the money when you needed to.  Also, I want to commend your tackle.  Once Mitchell broke away, I thought he was on his way to the end zone.  You caught him and made a good open field tackle on an athlete like him.  That says a lot about your defense.  Hopefully, you can get some nearby playoff games.  I'll be in attendence. 

Jags, I'm not upset anymore.  You gave your all.  It's just that things didn't fall into place.  I knew what kind of night was in store when you throw passes to the same recieved and the ball goes through his hands both times that had big play all of it. 

Positive thing is that we'll have Both Mitchells back and from what I've heard, both subvarsity teams are not too shabby.  Hopefully we can get some good o-line blocking techniques in place, maybe zone blocking.  Hopefully, we can get back to playing Jag football on defense with hard hitting and good linebacker play.  Most importantly, not downing the kids, but we need recievers that will actually catch passes.  These are things that I look forward to.  Last night was the last draw.  I left after the INT. that was thrown right after we had a big stop and blocked a FG. I couldn't stomach it anymore.  I probably will not be attending another Central game for the year (probably).  Not turning my back, but when you are not a good team and other teams that you play know this and it's to the point where they are toying with you on the field (teams that you have dominated in years past), it's time for me to watch some good football.  Good luck on the rest of the season from a long time Jag fan.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
IMO yall be right because yall know more about your team than i do but i was at the Vidor Central game and i watched a team that had no fire at all. It seemed to me that they just didn't wanna be there. They had no drive. No heart. And that's not good. IMO that's what the problem was friday.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1093590" timestamp="1319524642"]
IMO yall be right because yall know more about your team than i do but i was at the Vidor Central game and i watched a team that had no fire at all. It seemed to me that they just didn't wanna be there. They had no drive. No heart. And that's not good. IMO that's what the problem was friday.
[/quote]You figure the fire would be there in  that it was homecommning night and you at that point still had a shot at the playoffs.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1093642" timestamp="1319546187"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90222.msg1093590#msg1093590 date=1319524642]
[/quote]You figure the fire would be there in  that it was homecommning night and you at that point still had a shot at the playoffs.
[/quote]
Yeah. That's what confused me the most. I mean its not like things were hopeless. Yall even had a chance there. We weren't up by that much and with Mitchell in there yall can catch up real fast so idk what it was.

We average a down year every few years.  2000, I think we made the playoffs.  2001, we missed the playoffs, but were pretty competitive in our last year of 5a.  2002-2003 we were good.  Down year in 2004.  2005 - 2006 were playoff bound teams, not to mention a district championship in between.  2007 was a bust.  2008-2010 were really good, including a 4 round playoff run and an outright district title.  I believe your right, Invictus.  We'll be back soon enough.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder