HARDIN-JEFFERSON VS. SILSBEE BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 54-7!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1093096" timestamp="1319487875"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=90169.msg1093089#msg1093089 date=1319487505]
Your own "birds" won't sing to you....and you believe everything you hear?
[/quote]

I have no reason not to believe what certain people tell me.

I know and feel I have a good working relationship with the Silsbee coaching staff, that's all that matters to me.
[/quote]

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1093322" timestamp="1319499180"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90169.msg1090507#msg1090507 date=1319257880]
There is no reason for HJ to be this bad in football. They are actually worse than what BC is in basketball.
[/quote]

This is the comment that I believe you received the most "birds" for just in case you were wondering.... >:(  Your comment was unsolicited and uncalled for IMHO. But hey, I will take the high road.

Like it or not, Coach will get them back in the hunt.
[/quote]

Good post Poppabearstarr, Way to support your team. You are a true fan my friend.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1093437" timestamp="1319509357"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90169.msg1093096#msg1093096 date=1319487875]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=90169.msg1093089#msg1093089 date=1319487505]
[/quote]

I know and feel I have a good working relationship with the Silsbee coaching staff, that's all that matters to me.
[/quote]

This thread is stupid and needs to be deleted. As for you "Aggie" I applaud the way you support your team but you are arrogant sometimes as I am. All I will say is yes Silsbee competes very well in football in 21 3A other than that "NOT". By the way I mean the playoffs in "Football". Numbers do matter and someday they will change. HJ, HF and OF will have their day in football. Me and you may be dead by then but that is OK, it will happen. ;D ;D
[/quote]Wow if your son was playing on what ever team it may have been. I would have suport it  I see that doesnt go two ways.  Thats cool.

[quote name="CATS80" post="1093504" timestamp="1319512163"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=90169.msg1093437#msg1093437 date=1319509357]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90169.msg1093096#msg1093096 date=1319487875]
[/quote]

[/quote]

This thread is stupid and needs to be deleted. As for you "Aggie" I applaud the way you support your team but you are arrogant sometimes as I am. All I will say is yes Silsbee competes very well in football in 21 3A other than that "NOT". By the way I mean the playoffs in "Football". Numbers do matter and someday they will change. HJ, HF and OF will have their day in football. Me and you may be dead by then but that is OK, it will happen. ;D ;D
[/quote]Wow if your son was playing on what ever team it may have been. I would have suport it  I see that doesnt go two ways.  Thats cool.
[/quote]

This has nothing to do with you Cats80. My son did not play. Aggie likes to stir the pot as I do but some of his post are uncalled for. The truth is well no comment.

My comment had everything to do with the kids........I'm all for razzing each other a bit on here and getting everyone excited about their team, but for a long standing moderator to get on here and make a comment about 2 different schools and in his opinion state how poor those teams are is below what I thought of that person. Most is not off limits with me, and all of you know I will get on here and and will say we might beat another team but I will not get on here and kick a team while they are down. Yes we have had a rough year, so what. What comes around goes around.....

I am not totally sure about this, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong.  But you mention different teams having different "down" periods.  Hasn't the Silsbee girls basketball program recently experienced a less stellar performance and public support than they once had?  If I am correct, this is not intended to be disrespectful to that program but simply to illustrate that "it happens to the best of em"

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1090515" timestamp="1319258134"]
[color=blue]You work with what talent you have.  HJ is not that deep in talent[/color].  From what I hear they have a few Freshman playing on Varsity.  Tough when 14 year olds are playing against 17-18 year olds.
[/quote]

I think HJ has a lot of athletic [color=blue]talent[/color] in every sport.  As far as 14 year olds playing 17 & 18 year olds, I completely agree that you are right.  No matter the age though, talent they have. Experience will come.  :) The true test will be if this young group is the same in a few years, and the coaches are the same. We've seen what this group of younger kids is capable of, so, it'll be interesting to see what's done with them.

[quote name="SportzMom" post="1093933" timestamp="1319564088"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=90169.msg1090515#msg1090515 date=1319258134]
[color=blue]You work with what talent you have.  HJ is not that deep in talent[/color].  From what I hear they have a few Freshman playing on Varsity.  Tough when 14 year olds are playing against 17-18 year olds.
[/quote]

I think HJ has a lot of athletic [color=blue]talent[/color] in every sport.  As far as 14 year olds playing 17 & 18 year olds, I completely agree that you are right.  No matter the age though, talent they have. Experience will come.  :) The true test will be if this young group is the same in a few years, and the coaches are the same. We've seen what this group of younger kids is capable of, so, it'll be interesting to see what's done with them.

[/quote]Well, There are 2 sophmores, and 2 freshman on HJ's Football team. The 3 that play defense accounted for more tackles than any 3 juniors or seniors against Silsbee. 4 of the 5 touchdowns that were called back against Bridge City's left tackle last week were holding calls against a freshman. And to this date, knock on wood, not one of them has limped or had to be carried off the field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine