Hardin Jefferson at Silsbee

BADSANTA

[quote name="AOO7" post="1086415" timestamp="1318896030"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=89961.msg1086154#msg1086154 date=1318879516]
It would not surprise me if the coaches hold out several of the players that have been trying to play injured. to heal up to 100%. before they play WOS. Silsbee needs to get back to 100%. This would make this HJ game more interesting if it takes place.
[/quote]
Wow, so you are saying if Silsbee sits out a few players that are playing injured than H.J could make this interesting? That's not good for Silsbee when talking WOS and playoffs if they don't have enough depth to beat H.J without some players? Not saying that this is the case but just asking if this is what you meant.
[/quote]Trying to be nice We do have friends in HJ. you need to read the next post also and it may become clear

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hj wont score against the Tigers [u]horned[/u] defense, they kept the "high scoring" BC team to 6 points!! Btw. I also think the Tigers were A LOT better then the Cardinals, the Cardinals just slipped a couple bills into the refs pockets and that sealed the deal. Sham on the refs!!

Tigers - 68
Hj - 0
;D

sorry guy,  I feel the Tigers should have beaten the Cards as well,  but only if we had at least cut our turnovers in half.  The refs could have made a mistake or two,  none that I really noticed,  but they sure didn't cost us the game.  BC's play and our mistakes did that.

[quote name="ST413" post="1086654" timestamp="1318909308"]
sorry guy,  I feel the Tigers should have beaten the Cards as well,  but only if we had at least cut our turnovers in half.  The refs could have made a mistake or two,  none that I really noticed,  but they sure didn't cost us the game.  BC's play and our mistakes did that.
[/quote]You are correct Silsbee Had victory in there hands 1st and goal on the 2 yard line with  2 minutes left. And We blew it with penalties.  Thats part of the game we lost BC won. But I dont think the better team came out on top that game. They are real close but Thats how I see it. Silsbee moved on there defense better. Our total yardage was much more than BC and our defense held their offense to Less. End of the story. The reason for silsbee not scoring had nothing to do with BC defense we did it to ourselves. Just look at stats. Yes we lost the game. And the game is won by points. BC can thank their football gods for that one. And the refs Did call a great game. We made the penalties.  It was us . Our fault. We must do better at this. These two teams battled it out. the whole game No let up from either side. Hats off to BC .

I seen Silsbee play and read what it been said on this site. Silsbee by far is the best team in the district regardless of what anyone says. To throw 6 interception and lose 6-0 is saying that the defense kept it close and the opponent team is not as great as everyone make them out to be. I can promise you this, if Silsbee had thrown no interception and played a much better game. Silsbee could have easily won by the score of 28-6 in my opinion. Silsbee just didn't execute their game plan. And made some costly mistake. Now that game is over and we all need to move on to the next. I pray Silsbee play a much better game against HJ and learn from their mistake.

Silsbee needs to figure out to play a game with NO turnovers and 3 or less penalties. I just dont understand why they have so many BAD penalties each week. When your backup QB help you get down to the 2 yard line and you push your own self back, it's  hard to deal with as a head coach. These are the issues that will either keep you out the playoffs or have you taking quiet bus ride home in the 1st round. This team has enough overall talent to make a very deep run the playoffs but Silsbee always falls short. It is crazy to think the amount of talent that comes from Silsbee and no state titles in the 3 major sports. Hopefully this group can be different.

I keep hearing poeple say Silsbee will be really great in a couple years. I have been going to Silsbee football games over 40 years. Year after year I hear those couple of year statments. I have seen Silsbee go deep in the playoffs only 2 times, once in the late 70s and once in the late 90s. Aggies correct me if im wrong. Silsbee needs to start playing for now. Now is the time to get it done. Our team needs to step it up a couple notches, players, coaches, and fans. Start a new tradition at Tiger Land. Go for the state title every year. Dont just settle for a round or two deep in the playoffs is good enough. I really believe in this team, players, coaches, and fans. Lets start Friday night, Everybody make a statement.

Always a Tiger fan

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder