Separation night in 20-4a

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has become bizarre. Vidor needs to worry about Central and PNG needs to worry about LCM right now. PNG/Vidor will be next week. If both teams don't take care of business tomorrow, they may find themselves with their playoff futures in somebody elses hands. No team wants that...you want to control your own destiny. I have met fans from all the area teams and there are good ones and bad ones, including PNG. To" hate" a school or team, I mean really hate, is ridiculous. Invictus...I have heard that PNG is making plans to honor Matt Thomas next week. Will you still hate us then? My heart has been broken over the loss y'all have suffered in the Vidor community as have fans from schools throughout the area. A little perspective would be nice. PNG fans take a lot of pride in our school and team, sometimes that comes off as arrogant to those who are not a part of it. Most PNG fans are good people, but some take things too far, just like fans of all schools do. Vidor has one heck of a team this year and it should be a battle next Friday. Win or lose, I will be pulling for the Pirates in the playoffs....whether you hate me or not.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1088892" timestamp="1319167889"]
Okay??? And???  ???
[/quote]

You can't say you don't get worked up when you make posts like the one about rich Mid-County people and then admit getting worked up in your next post on the subject.

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1088901" timestamp="1319168183"]
This thread has become bizarre. Vidor needs to worry about Central and PNG needs to worry about LCM right now. PNG/Vidor will be next week. If both teams don't take care of business tomorrow, they may find themselves with their playoff futures in somebody elses hands. No team wants that...you want to control your own destiny. I have met fans from all the area teams and there are good ones and bad ones, including PNG. To" hate" a school or team, I mean really hate, is ridiculous. Invictus...I have heard that PNG is making plans to honor Matt Thomas next week. Will you still hate us then? My heart has been broken over the loss y'all have suffered in the Vidor community as have fans from schools throughout the area. A little perspective would be nice. PNG fans take a lot of pride in our school and team, sometimes that comes off as arrogant to those who are not a part of it. Most PNG fans are good people, but some take things too far, just like fans of all schools do. Vidor has one heck of a team this year and it should be a battle next Friday. Win or lose, I will be pulling for the Pirates in the playoffs....whether you hate me or not.
[/quote]

That is a nice gesture, however, that does not change years of slights by PNG.  I do not like the school, period.  If the situation were reversed, I would be saddened, as well because it is the loss of a child and that is something no one should ever have to experience.

And it is odd how they think Vidor is full of poor country folk.  There are an awful lot of poor people in Groves.

[quote name="invictus" post="1088904" timestamp="1319168923"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=89875.msg1088901#msg1088901 date=1319168183]
[/quote]

That is a nice gesture, however, that does not change years of slights by PNG.  I do not like the school, period.  If the situation were reversed, I would be saddened, as well because it is the loss of a child and that is something no one should ever have to experience.

And it is odd how they think Vidor is full of poor country folk.  There are an awful lot of poor people in Groves.
[/quote]

And where would this assertion be? ???

It was a Vidor poster that brought up y'all being poor country folks, not PNG. I have friends and family in Vidor that are anything but poor. Stereotypes are not a good thing. Also, there is no shame in being poor, especially if you work for what you have. Invictus...how has PNG as a school and community continued to slight Vidor? Also, how did PNG prevent you from playing your school song...you know, the year that you can't remember, but has caused deep-seated hate in your heart. I have watched year after year PNG fans give other team's band a standing ovation, only to turn around and have the opposing team's fans sit on their hands while our band performs. I am not a band guy, but from where I sit, PNG has been pretty good at being respectful to other schools when we play them. I have NEVER witnessed PNG interrupt a school's school song, so how about some details?

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1088901" timestamp="1319168183"]
[/quote]
Good post ndnsrock. Yes, this thread is bizarre. I'm sorry I jumped into the fray. Good luck to the Pirates this week. I hope there is some healing after the loss of Matt.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1088637" timestamp="1319149471"]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=89875.msg1088634#msg1088634 date=1319149253]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89875.msg1088632#msg1088632 date=1319149085]
All i'm gonna say is watch out for Big Buc this year. I heard he's a rowdy one lmao. But i'll tell him to stay away from the png [size=12pt][b]MASCOT[/b][/size]. wouldn't wanna mess up yalls feathers or face paint or anything  ::)  8)
[/quote]Vidor has a BIG BUT Mascot?
[/quote]
See i don't know how they teach where you come from but in vidor and most every other school in the world the letter C isn't a T and doesn't even look like one but since your a PNG fan i'll cut you some slack this time and not make fun of you too much  8)
[/quote]Sorry I was trying to talk with the "hair lip" slang you are used too !  :)

[quote name="badndn" post="1089043" timestamp="1319206610"]
I think the Vidor folks need to focus on there one real rival over the past several years in Central this week.

This reminds me of the "LTRain" from a few years back. Were are they now? Can't find a single one of them on here.
[/quote]

Its not "Folks" its folk.  Trust me,  He/She does not speak for Vidor.  Every community has its nut cases.

Well said Titan. One person is ranting and raving on here because he is really excited. He doesn't speak for all of us. Most true Vidor fans are thinking of Matt Thomas and his team who will try to honor him well tonight. We could care less about PN-G. We will worry about PN-G next Friday night. Good luck to all teams tonight. Here's to an injury free night of football!

Vidor has some great people that support their team.  We know they will be ready for us on October 28th and we will be ready for them.

In the meantime, good luck tonight against the Jags and I am pulling for you guys to honor Matt with the win tonight!

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1089092" timestamp="1319209788"]
Vidor has some great people that support their team.  We know they will be ready for us on October 28th and we will be ready for them.

In the meantime, good luck tonight against the Jags and I am pulling for you guys to honor Matt with the win tonight!
[/quote]
Great post! Good luck tonight Pirates! I hope y'all win tonight for Matt and it helps in the healing process for his family and the Vidor community.

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1089112" timestamp="1319211707"]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=89875.msg1089092#msg1089092 date=1319209788]

[/quote]
Great post! Good luck tonight Pirates! I hope y'all win tonight for Matt and it helps in the healing process for his family and the Vidor community.
[/quote]

Great posts guys.  The outpouring of support from the SETX community has been instrumental in the healing process here in Vidor.  Thank you very much and I pray our boys play with the same courage tonight that  Matt always demanded.  Hopefully tonight wont be just separation night for the Pirates but a step towards healing and the dream Matt and his teammates had.  The playoffs.

Lol come on ned fans, you say defense wins championships, really, so when Is the last time your dogs won a championship?????I'm not sure but I believe we have been there a few times more than y'all? If you gonna talk defense and how they win championships, quit talking about it and go get passed the third round and I might not question your defense as being great. And as for vidor we shall see just how good they are. Should be a great game. Hear they have a qb going both ways and can throw the ball. Been wanting to see vidor throw the ball for a while now.  Need to focus on lcm then put an emphasis on vidor! Hope everyone has a safe injury free game tonight so the trash talking can really start next week. Curious to see how the playoff matchups pan out from here on out.

When was the last time your team won a championship? If you had had a great defense, you could have stopped Superman (Kendall Briles) and Stephenville. But that's water under the bridge. Everyone knows defense wins championships. Do we have to win one to know that?.......NO!

Wow, the third round is your measuring stick? We set our goals much higher, they just don't always get achieved. We are working on Neumann's first OUTRIGHT district title. Tired of sharing it with teams we have beaten.

[quote name="baddog" post="1089181" timestamp="1319216074"]
Wow, the third round is your measuring stick? We set our goals much higher, they just don't always get achieved. We are working on Neumann's first OUTRIGHT district title. [b]Tired of sharing it with teams we have beaten.[/b][/quote]

Quit lossing to the teams you should beat and you wouldn't have to SHARE!

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1089155" timestamp="1319214868"]
Lol come on ned fans, you say defense wins championships, really, so when Is the last time your dogs won a championship?????I'm not sure but I believe we have been there a few times more than y'all? If you gonna talk defense and how they win championships, quit talking about it and go get passed the third round and I might not question your defense as being great. And as for vidor we shall see just how good they are. Should be a great game. Hear they have a qb going both ways and can throw the ball. Been wanting to see vidor throw the ball for a while now.  Need to focus on lcm then put an emphasis on vidor! Hope everyone has a safe injury free game tonight so the trash talking can really start next week. Curious to see how the playoff matchups pan out from here on out.
[/quote]

Move on. Nederland beat PNG two years in a row now. Focus on the game you have coming up or you'll be sitting at home come playoff time. Good luck to PNG against LCM and Vidor against Central. PNG game will be a blowout and Vidor should have no trouble with Central at all. No offense to Central fans but they looked awful against Nederland.

I think Bia is just pointing out that Nederland's defense is not good enough to win a state tilte this year. While I think the Dogs defense is good and much better than years past, I think they are probably at least a year away from being a legit State Title contender and could be so for several years. This has nothing to do with your win over us.

It has everything to do with our win over PNG. It's easy to see the frustration in you PNG people sometimes. We weren't good enough to go to state in 2000 either. And although we didn't, it wasn't because we weren't capable as a team. Lost to Bay City 6-0 in one of the most controversial games I've ever been to. Bay City blew out it's next two opponents. My point is tha just because we aren't Lake Travis or Pearland Dawson doesn't mean we should say oh well, let's forfeit. bia wouldn't know what a football was if it slapped him in the face. Nederlands beaten plenty of teams in the playoffs that we shouldn't have. That's why you play it on the field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder