Separation night in 20-4a

There a few things that bother me...

When a fan says, "We won."  You're not on the team, so you didn't win anything.

And in high school football, how good you are is a lot of luck.  No one determines how talented or athletic the people who go to their school are.  Coaches in high school teach work ethic and discipline, but you cannot teach quickness or agility.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="invictus" post="1086394" timestamp="1318894272"]

[b]When a fan says, "We won."  You're not on the team, so you didn't win anything.[/b]

And in high school football, how good you are is a lot of luck.  No one determines how talented or athletic the people who go to their school are.  Coaches in high school teach work ethic and discipline, but you cannot teach quickness or agility.
[/quote]

Hate to rain on your parade, but me and a whole lot of other people pay a lot of money to build the stadium, build the school and pay for the uniforms and footballs, if we want to say "we won" then so be it. Try playing without us ;D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1086380" timestamp="1318893085"]
[b]You know what drives me crazy? Fans that think that the way they support there team is the only way to do it and anyone else who support there team in a different way is wrong and it drives them crazy and they don't like it and the other person gives the team a bad rep and they just need to be quiet and let it be.[/b] I think they just need to be a fan and let other people do what they do. Who cares what they talk about? Who cares what they say? If you don't like it then don't read there post and don't respond to there post. They are there to support there team. I mean that's what this forum is about right? They just happen to have a different way of supporting there team. If you don't like it then get over it.
[/quote]

You know what drives me crazy? Run-on sentences. ;D And while I'm at it, I don't like announcers that sound like Reba and scream about so and so being on his feet, or human beings that bark like dogs, or the colors black and gold, or train horns at football games, or Auburn. ;D

Since we were naming what we don't like and all.... ;D

[quote name="pngfan1" post="1086029" timestamp="1318869241"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89875.msg1085753#msg1085753 date=1318827243]
Lumberton will bounce back I think. Growing community over there. Nederlands success has always come from coaching and preparation, not blue chip athleticism. This year we have a lot of above average athletes added onto the great coaching staff and voila. It's not that I don't think we've been talented, but injuries can plague your season and really make it an uphill battle. Anyways, I think getting a good coach and hanging on to him is key. Neumann has a lifetime job as far as I'm concerned. On a side note, not sure why vidor fans on this board are so persnickety. You have a good season going and you will earn more respect if you let Friday nights do the talking about how great your team is. Just because YOU feel like the team isn't getting enough respect doesn't mean people should have to post something new every day about how awesome vidor is. Finish it now. Get to the playoffs and win a game or two. You want your defense to be compared to Nederlands? Ok well after you've played everybody in district (mainly PNG/LIV) then we will have a fair comparison. Goodluck to lumberton, vidor, and the rest of the district for this season and beyond. if you want a winning tradition, you have to start somewhere. One or two seasons of a winning record or playoff appearances don't get you there if things go back downhill shortly after.
[/quote]
Very good post. I remember in the late 90's Nederland couldn't get the respect they should have , but after a few years they did. I also agree about the coaching and talent. We are finally seeing an advantage as far as coaching. There is no way I could say talent alone, look at the kids continuing to the next level. Most do not come from PNG or Nederland. Although Nederland does have some talent for the next few years which , along with their good coaching could mean a deep run.

Believe me other coaches are taking Vidor seriously , they have respect. It's just hard to get from local media from just a couple good seasons.
[/quote]

Now this is a good post!!! Look guys, we Pirates know respect is earned on the field. Especially those that played sports later on into their lives. I mean, we give you guys the sincerest form of flattery because we're trying to imitate you and become the viable, successful program that ned and png have. However, this is a smack talk and information forum. Long as it's clean and abides by the rules then so be it. True whiners are those that think we Vidorians should khow tow and be subservient because we haven't paid some sort of stupid rules on this board. Got new for you; Jeff Mathews is at a victory margin of 50% in his 13 years at Vidor and I believe that is somewhat better than Lumberton. Now, if there is some sort of qualification for posting on this celebrated board, I believe that qualifies us. If you want to talk about the 80's, you might as well be talking about Napoleon invading Russia.....

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1086380" timestamp="1318893085"]
You know what drives me crazy? Fans that think that the way they support there team is the only way to do it and anyone else who support there team in a different way is wrong and it drives them crazy and they don't like it and the other person gives the team a bad rep and they just need to be quiet and let it be. I think they just need to be a fan and let other people do what they do. Who cares what they talk about? Who cares what they say? If you don't like it then don't read there post and don't respond to there post. They are there to support there team. I mean that's what this forum is about right? They just happen to have a different way of supporting there team. If you don't like it then get over it.
[/quote]

Agreed!!! No quarter asked, none given!!!

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1086434" timestamp="1318896969"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89875.msg1086380#msg1086380 date=1318893085]
[b]You know what drives me crazy? Fans that think that the way they support there team is the only way to do it and anyone else who support there team in a different way is wrong and it drives them crazy and they don't like it and the other person gives the team a bad rep and they just need to be quiet and let it be.[/b] I think they just need to be a fan and let other people do what they do. Who cares what they talk about? Who cares what they say? If you don't like it then don't read there post and don't respond to there post. They are there to support there team. I mean that's what this forum is about right? They just happen to have a different way of supporting there team. If you don't like it then get over it.
[/quote]

You know what drives me crazy? Run-on sentences. ;D And while I'm at it, I don't like announcers that sound like Reba and scream about so and so being on his feet, or human beings that bark like dogs, or the colors black and gold, or train horns at football games, or Auburn. ;D

[/quote]
Now thats just funny bamakid!!!! But what about LSU????

[quote name="indnfan" post="1086491" timestamp="1318900971"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=89875.msg1086434#msg1086434 date=1318896969]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89875.msg1086380#msg1086380 date=1318893085]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Now my karma can't take too many hits.... ;D

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1086494" timestamp="1318901085"]
[quote author=indnfan link=topic=89875.msg1086491#msg1086491 date=1318900971]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=89875.msg1086434#msg1086434 date=1318896969]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I was about to say man. Tread carefully there.  8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1086498" timestamp="1318901176"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=89875.msg1086494#msg1086494 date=1318901085]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

It's all meant in good fun.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1086501" timestamp="1318901268"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89875.msg1086498#msg1086498 date=1318901176]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=89875.msg1086494#msg1086494 date=1318901085]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

It's all meant in good fun.
[/quote]
I know  8)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="pngfan1" post="1086565" timestamp="1318904722"]
In all seriousness Matthews has some good things going on in Vidor. Everyone saw 07 Lumberton coming since 05 , kind of like Vidor's 09 class.Honestly not many except Vidor expected what they are doing this season. Congrats on an awesome season. Deserving!
[/quote]
Thats true. IMO that's what killed our 09 team. Everyone knew what we had and knew our weapons and IMO the kids got cocky. This year's team is playing with heart and drive that i haven't seen in Vidor in a long time and now that Vidor has lost a great young man, friend, brother, and teammate they will have even more drive and determination to bring them farther than anyone thinks were gonna go.

Go Pirates!

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1086399" timestamp="1318894979"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=89875.msg1086394#msg1086394 date=1318894272]

[b]When a fan says, "We won."  You're not on the team, so you didn't win anything.[/b]

[/quote]

Hate to rain on your parade, but me and a whole lot of other people pay a lot of money to build the stadium, build the school and pay for the uniforms and footballs, if we want to say "we won" then so be it. Try playing without us ;D
[/quote]

Agreed Dawgnut. Like yourself, I've been a loyal Pirate fan through thick and thin and I mean really thin sometimes, even helped coached the soccer team in the 90's. Thousands of dollars in school taxes, a lot of heartache plus being a graduate of the school makes it "WE"!

[quote name="robanadana" post="1085683" timestamp="1318820075"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=89875.msg1085048#msg1085048 date=1318787620]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=89875.msg1085033#msg1085033 date=1318786486]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=89875.msg1084821#msg1084821 date=1318766059]
Nederland never wins games. The other team loses and that's it. I really don't think we have outright won a game since '04. I think we may have had a few lucky ones back then too.
[/quote]thats what it sounds like lol but Id say yall have won at least one game this year that happened a couple weeks ago to a team I cant quite recall who it was but I think it started with an L  :-\
[/quote]

Thanks lionbaseball. Nederland earned your respect and should have earned it against several other teams this year.
[/quote]

Is there a full moon because all the puppies are whinin' tonight???? If you seriously think you're gonna get any respect in mid-county from Vidor, you are surely mistaken. Remember, we're your rivals.....
[/quote]

No you're NOT!  Vidor is just another game on the schedule to us, and usually just a warm-up to our play-offs.  FYI...Play-offs are when your team keeps playing after the regular season, until you get beat by another team in the playoffs.  Just explaining it, since it hasn't happened to our [i]Rivals[/i] in so many decades!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1086602" timestamp="1318906238"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=89875.msg1085683#msg1085683 date=1318820075]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=89875.msg1085033#msg1085033 date=1318786486]
Nederland never wins games. The other team loses and that's it. I really don't think we have outright won a game since '04. I think we may have had a few lucky ones back then too.
[/quote]thats what it sounds like lol but Id say yall have won at least one game this year that happened a couple weeks ago to a team I cant quite recall who it was but I think it started with an L  :-\
[/quote]

Thanks lionbaseball. Nederland earned your respect and should have earned it against several other teams this year.
[/quote]

Is there a full moon because all the puppies are whinin' tonight???? If you seriously think you're gonna get any respect in mid-county from Vidor, you are surely mistaken. Remember, we're your rivals.....
[/quote]

No you're NOT!  Vidor is just another game on the schedule to us, and usually just a warm-up to our play-offs.  FYI...Play-offs are when your team keeps playing after the regular season, until you get beat by another team in the playoffs.  Just explaining it, since it hasn't happened to our [i]Rivals[/i] in so many decades!
[/quote]
Check your stats there Indian. We went to the playoffs two years ago and will be there this year.

What I have found is that often the loud mouth fans that make the rest of their team's fans look bad are temporary fans, meaning they are only here while "Lil Johnny" is playing.  When "Lil Johnny" graduates, "Big Johnny" will move on.  Thats just an observation I've made over the years with various teams, Vidor included.

With that said, let me get back on topic.  I think the top four teams made big statements last Friday and seperated themselves from the herd.....now can they seal the deal, I know one team that I hope takes care of business this Friday.  Go Pirates!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1086612" timestamp="1318906599"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=89875.msg1086602#msg1086602 date=1318906238]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=89875.msg1085683#msg1085683 date=1318820075]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Check your stats there Indian. We went to the playoffs two years ago and will be there this year. And don't it just get under your skin that Vidor considers both mid county teams our rivals but they are the opposite of us. We are country people with farms and four wheelers and boots and mud and yall are rich people with your fancy cars and big houses and noses up in the air. Thats why we don't like yall. And go ahead. Consider yourself another game on your schedule. We love it when you overlook us.
[/quote]

Nope.  Doesn't get under my skin at all.  It's just a non-issue to us.  Consider us your Rival all ya want.  We truthfully don't care.  As far as "rich people with fancy cars,  man, PLEASE don't tell my wife!  She thinks we drive a cluncker and live week to week!  She has no idea we're filthy rich!  [img]http://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif[/img]

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1086626" timestamp="1318907253"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89875.msg1086612#msg1086612 date=1318906599]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=89875.msg1086602#msg1086602 date=1318906238]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Check your stats there Indian. We went to the playoffs two years ago and will be there this year. And don't it just get under your skin that Vidor considers both mid county teams our rivals but they are the opposite of us. We are country people with farms and four wheelers and boots and mud and yall are rich people with your fancy cars and big houses and noses up in the air. Thats why we don't like yall. And go ahead. Consider yourself another game on your schedule. We love it when you overlook us.
[/quote]

Nope.  Doesn't get under my skin at all.  It's just a non-issue to us.  Consider us your Rival all ya want.  We truthfully don't care.  As far as "rich people with fancy cars,  man, PLEASE don't tell my wife!  She thinks we drive a cluncker and live week to week!  She has no idea we're filthy rich!  [img]http://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Okay i just wanna apologize for my outburst. Its been a long week and i read your post wrong. I apologize.

And as for your wife that was pretty funny  ;D

8)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1086633" timestamp="1318907682"]
It's all in good fun.  I only come on here for a chuckle.  Can't take it too serious ya know.  Life's too short,  as VHS has been painfully reminded.    Prayers to the community.
[/quote]
Yes it is. I just take this stuff kinda seriously. Maybe too seriously sometimes but that's just who i am.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1086612" timestamp="1318906599"]
[/quote]

I just spewed my caviar and champagne all over my keyboard. ;D

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1086661" timestamp="1318910509"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89875.msg1086612#msg1086612 date=1318906599]
[/quote]

I just spewed my caviar and champagne all over my keyboard. ;D
[/quote]
I'm riding around in my Limo on my laptop!!!! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245