Separation night in 20-4a

[quote name="vhs" post="1086613" timestamp="1318906671"]
What I have found is that often the loud mouth fans that make the rest of their team's fans look bad are temporary fans, meaning they are only here while "Lil Johnny" is playing.  When "Lil Johnny" graduates, "Big Johnny" will move on.  Thats just an observation I've made over the years with various teams, Vidor included.
[/quote]

If this is directed towards me, I never have had a kid in school. Kidless. About posting membership time, I have been on and off this board for the last decade, ask Soulja; member on the old boards. I usually exit about the time it gets racist or the rules get bent over saying bad things about people or the kids however, I'll still read the threads. Who cares what anyone thinks about talking smack on a sports message board? Isn't that what it's for? When else can you raise the ire of an Indian or Bulldog except at work? I think it's great fun and certainly don't take any of this crud personally. I seriously doubt if it has any affect one way or the other come gametime. Everyone needs to lighten up.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcement for all Mid-County residents: Tea time will be at 4pm tomorrow followed by a wine tasting at the yacht club. This is exclusively for Nederland or PNG fans only! No uneducated, poor country people allowed.

Give me a break dude. I've got more "country" in me than you have in your pinky toe. If you think MC is the poster child for rich, snooty people, then that proves your ignorance right there. Watch your mouth before you open it and make ignorant comments. We may be a lot more educated over here, but I worked hard, went to college, and got a good job because of it. I worked a full-time job through college as well. I still live paycheck to paycheck and drive a 10 year old truck. I'm proud to be from Nederland but it's not because we are rich and snooty. To other Vidor fans: I won't hold this one idiot against you. 

I am a graduate of Vidor HS.  I even played basketball.  I've paid school taxes in various cities.  The team wins, I am not a part of the team, therefore I did not win anything.

I am proud of the Pirates when they do well, but it isn't a big deal to me when they lose.  This is high school and I think there is more to be said for a team that learns how to lose than a team that always wins.  I can't really word that right to where it makes sense, but I know what I am saying.

My dad graduated from VHS in the 60s.  He has been to every game, home and away, since then.  My brothers played football, but he went before they played and after they graduated.  When they lost 52-0 to Baytown Lee, he was there....and so was I by default.  That's a fan.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1086688" timestamp="1318922780"]
Announcement for all Mid-County residents: Tea time will be at 4pm tomorrow followed by a wine tasting at the yacht club. This is exclusively for Nederland or PNG fans only! No uneducated, poor country people allowed.

Give me a break dude. I've got more "country" in me than you have in your pinky toe. If you think MC is the poster child for rich, snooty people, then that proves your ignorance right there. Watch your mouth before you open it and make ignorant comments. We may be a lot more educated over here, but I worked hard, went to college, and got a good job because of it. I worked a full-time job through college as well. I still live paycheck to paycheck and drive a 10 year old truck. I'm proud to be from Nederland but it's not because we are rich and snooty. To other Vidor fans: I won't hold this one idiot against you.
[/quote]
Ok well I understand why you said most of his, but why do you think ya'll are more educated over there. Pretty sure Vidor schools have pretty close to the same types of scores as Nederland schools and I, too went to college and got a degree while working a full time job and I live in Vidor in a house built on a slab...  imagine that. But you're calling this person ignorant for his statement which it was, but in my opinion your statement of being more educated is also. That would make you ignorant and a hypocrite all in the same statement.       

[quote name="robanadana" post="1086672" timestamp="1318913483"]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=89875.msg1086613#msg1086613 date=1318906671]
What I have found is that often the loud mouth fans that make the rest of their team's fans look bad are temporary fans, meaning they are only here while "Lil Johnny" is playing.  When "Lil Johnny" graduates, "Big Johnny" will move on.  Thats just an observation I've made over the years with various teams, Vidor included.
[/quote]

If this is directed towards me, I never have had a kid in school. Kidless. About posting membership time, I have been on and off this board for the last decade, ask Soulja; member on the old boards. I usually exit about the time it gets racist or the rules get bent over saying bad things about people or the kids however, I'll still read the threads. Who cares what anyone thinks about talking smack on a sports message board? Isn't that what it's for? When else can you raise the ire of an Indian or Bulldog except at work? I think it's great fun and certainly don't take any of this crud personally. I seriously doubt if it has any affect one way or the other come gametime. Everyone needs to lighten up.
[/quote]

Re-read my post, it was clearly not pointed at any individual.  In fact I even pointed out that I have seen this with various teams.  Simply, an observation that I have made that may be way off.  Haven't followed your post enough to know much of anything about you.  Not sure why you would think I was singling you out.

You are dead on about how little effect this has on the game.  Its all good, Go Pirates!

Well I don't know about everyone else, to me it doesn't matter where you live, everyone supports their team unless they lose some key players and go a losing streak! Lol. With myself I am a blue collar worker who works week to week. I don't know many people on here that I can say I have met face to face, but the ones I have met are just as passionate about their teams as I am. Some of these people I talk to on a regular basis even when it is in the offseason.  It is all good but I'm not gonna say I am more educated than someone else. It doesn't make any since to argue.  I just state my opinion whether it is good or bad, if I have to eat crow so be it. Yes I have pissed some people off one of them a. Coach from vidor who wished some bodily harm on me lol. But I will say this some of the things I say are just my opinions, don't mean a squat of beans, but in the end it is just football smack, and yes I am even hard on my ndns coaching staff at times too, still don't know why my head coach won't kick a stinking fieldgoal, one day I will get to ask him on what makes him not won't to go to overtime in a tight game. But he is the coach and not me I'm just a fan who likes to sit up in the stands eat my peanuts or nachos and watch some good or some bad football, as my boss says "it is what it is"

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1087443" timestamp="1318997057"]
Here we go again  ::) .. Your kicker could barely make an extra point that night. The decision to go for it was the right one. Not saying the kicker couldn't normally handle it but he barely cleared the crossbar on an extra point that night...
[/quote]

Valencia was off for some reason that night. That kid can send the ball out the back end of the endzone on kickoffs - he's done it before.

He's also an excellent soccer player.

So your making a presumption that just because he made a blooper on the first extra- point that he can't make a fieldgoal?? Well let me enlighten you my friend, everyone hyping nederlands dfense, well thay ain't all that in my opinion. You may have won on the scoreboard which is the most important, but the ndn offense did move the ball up and down the field very easily at times on your so called awesome defense.you say the coach made the right call only because y'all won the game. Your offense barely made 200 yards on a defense that gives p an average of 265 yards a game. Take away that fluke 80 yard td by benjamin who we actually shutdown the whole game the dogs offense was at best horrible in my opinion! If and I say if we had kicked the fieldgoal the game may have been different, we won't know because the game is over and we didn't try the fieldgoal! OT had we made it may have had a different outcome, just as if liv rb had played against y'all their outcome may have been different also. Where ned did beat us and I'm sure everyone else they played is in the field positon game, they are very impressive in that stat. I think that we could really improve in that aspect of the game is fieldposition! But you just keep boasting of how good your defense is and come playoff time we shall see! Like I said before I don't see anyone in our district making it out of the 2nd round, that is my opinion not trying to insult anyones team, just don't see anyone being that strong especially ned. Their defense may keep them in and win some games in district but come time for playoffs it will be a different story! So godog27 yes here we go again!

I love it when you beat png and they just can't take it...lol...hey bia, you get to cry about it for at least another year...if, if ,if....if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his butt when he tried to fly...it makes my day listening to you whine about losing to the Dogs (see other thread about biggest whiners)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1087746" timestamp="1319048279"]
IMO,  20-4A will get 1 team past the 2nd round.  The only team that will do that, is Nederland.
[/quote]
BrenhamFan don't forget your Cubbies gotta get past KP! Didn't work out so good for ya last year. You think they can sneak up on ya again?  ;D

[quote name="badndn" post="1087756" timestamp="1319049309"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=89875.msg1087746#msg1087746 date=1319048279]
IMO,  20-4A will get 1 team past the 2nd round.  The only team that will do that, is Nederland.
[/quote]
BrenhamFan don't forget your Cubbies gotta get past KP! Didn't work out so good for ya last year. You think they can sneak up on ya again?  ;D
[/quote]

I know what you are saying, but I can't remember the last time a team beat us twice in a row.....

Ok I just looked it up... Nederland was the last team to accomplish beating Brenham twice in a row.
2007- Nederland 29 Brenham 28
1957- Nederland 41 Brenham  7

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1087728" timestamp="1319047423"]
So your making a presumption that just because he made a blooper on the first extra- point that he can't make a fieldgoal?? Well let me enlighten you my friend, everyone hyping nederlands dfense, well thay ain't all that in my opinion. You may have won on the scoreboard which is the most important, but the ndn offense did move the ball up and down the field very easily at times on your so called awesome defense.you say the coach made the right call only because y'all won the game. Your offense barely made 200 yards on a defense that gives p an average of 265 yards a game. Take away that fluke 80 yard td by benjamin who we actually shutdown the whole game the dogs offense was at best horrible in my opinion! If and I say if we had kicked the fieldgoal the game may have been different, we won't know because the game is over and we didn't try the fieldgoal! OT had we made it may have had a different outcome, just as if liv rb had played against y'all their outcome may have been different also. Where ned did beat us and I'm sure everyone else they played is in the field positon game, they are very impressive in that stat. I think that we could really improve in that aspect of the game is fieldposition! But you just keep boasting of how good your defense is and come playoff time we shall see! Like I said before I don't see anyone in our district making it out of the 2nd round, that is my opinion not trying to insult anyones team, just don't see anyone being that strong especially ned. Their defense may keep them in and win some games in district but come time for playoffs it will be a different story! So godog27 yes here we go again!
[/quote]
Waaahhhh waaaaahhh... Pacifier please! If Nederland is so atrocious, what does that say about PNG seeing as how we beat them with such an awful team! Heck, everyone in 20-4A must suck since we've beaten everyone so far. It's really funny how on PNGs good seasons, they are going to state. But when png is having a down season or subpar season, nobody in this district is getting past the second round... Hmmm sounds like the somebody's crying and can't handle the thought of Nederland having a better team. change your diaper, everyone has good years and bad years. Ask central or Livingston if our defense is any good. Didnt Livingston put up 40+ points on you guys??

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1087728" timestamp="1319047423"]
[/quote]You know what they say about "ifs and buts"....... ;) ;) ;)get over it!!!!!!

Wow, Benjamin's run was a fluke? That's what great RBs do. They keep plugging and plugging, and then the blocks finally hit right and the RB takes off. Benjamin has played so hard this year, he deserved and earned that run. I can't believe anyone said that about that run.

I guess the ensuing score by PNG was the real fluke? Hindsight, if Benjamin had slid to the ground after getting the first down, Ned could have taken a knee. 80 yards of open field is hard to pass up.

This game has been over for more than two weeks. Ned won.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder