Separation night in 20-4a

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1087746" timestamp="1319048279"]
IMO,  20-4A will get 1 team past the 2nd round.  The only team that will do that, is Nederland.
[/quote]
You know all your doing is motivating those kids to prove you wrong. Keep on Brenham fan. Your gonna eat your words. I will agree with you that its gonna be a tough game if we face Humble in the 2cd round but they are not unbeatable and if anyone is gonna beat them its gonna be Vidor  8)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1088013" timestamp="1319075518"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=89875.msg1087746#msg1087746 date=1319048279]
IMO,  20-4A will get 1 team past the 2nd round.  The only team that will do that, is Nederland.
[/quote]
You know all your doing is motivating those kids to prove you wrong. Keep on Brenham fan. Your gonna eat your words. I will agree with you that its gonna be a tough game if we face Humble in the 2cd round but they are not unbeatable and if anyone is gonna beat them its gonna be Vidor  8)
[/quote]

No problem!  Glad I can help, but if you need bulletin board material to be motivated in the playoffs, you got some problems!  Humble will be lucky to make the playoffs the way they are playing. (personally, I don't think they will) It will likely be Stratford in round 2.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1088104" timestamp="1319090836"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89875.msg1088013#msg1088013 date=1319075518]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=89875.msg1087746#msg1087746 date=1319048279]
[/quote]
[/quote]

No probl
em!  Glad I can help, but if you need bulletin board material to be motivated in the playoffs, you got some problems!  Humble will be lucky to make the playoffs the way they are playing. (personally, I don't think they will) It will likely be Stratford in round 2.
[/quote]

Didn't the Cub players "Quote" bulletin board material moivated them against us in 2009?

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1088114" timestamp="1319106910"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=89875.msg1088104#msg1088104 date=1319090836]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89875.msg1088013#msg1088013 date=1319075518]
[/quote]
[/quote]

No probl
em!  Glad I can help, but if you need bulletin board material to be motivated in the playoffs, you got some problems!  Humble will be lucky to make the playoffs the way they are playing. (personally, I don't think they will) It will likely be Stratford in round 2.
[/quote]

Didn't the Cub players "Quote" bulletin board material moivated them against us in 2009?
[/quote]

So they said, but like I said before....  I believe if the playoffs alone arnt enough to get you pumped, you don't need to be in the playoffs.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1087728" timestamp="1319047423"]
So your making a presumption that just because he made a blooper on the first extra- point that he can't make a fieldgoal?? Well let me enlighten you my friend, everyone hyping nederlands dfense, well thay ain't all that in my opinion. You may have won on the scoreboard which is the most important, but the ndn offense did move the ball up and down the field very easily at times on your so called awesome defense.you say the coach made the right call only because y'all won the game. Your offense barely made 200 yards on a defense that gives p an average of 265 yards a game. Take away that fluke 80 yard td by
benjamin who we actually shutdown the whole game the dogs offense was at best horrible in my opinion! If and I say if we had kicked the fieldgoal the game may have been different, we won't know because the
game is over and we didn't try the fieldgoal! OT had we made it may have had a different outcome, just as if liv rb had played against y'all their outcome may have been different also. Where ned did beat us and I'm sure everyone else they played is in the field positon game, they are very impressive in that stat. I think that we could really improve in that aspect of the game is fieldposition! But you just keep boasting of how
good your defense is and come playoff time we shall see! Like I said before I don't see anyone in our district making it out of the 2nd round, that is my opinion not trying to insult anyones team, just don't see anyone being that strong especially ned. Their defense may keep them in and win some games in district but
come time for playoffs it will be a different story! So godog27 yes here we go again!
[/quote]

Which game were you watching? PNG did NOT move the ball up and down the field. The only time PNG marched down and scored at ease is after Ned scored the long TD run, and the game was all but over. Ned allowed PNG to score the last TD. Without that TD, your offensive yardage would have been very poor (220 yds) instead of just poor (285 yds) BTW- Ned had 326 total yards. Ned's D had 8 sacks, and tackled PNG's QB 5 more times while he was scrambling in which he gained
2 yds or less. In addition, PNG is averaging over 35 points per game
outside the Ned game. Ned held PNG to 14 points (if you discount Benjamin's 80 yd run, then let's be fair and discount PnG's last drive). Check your history, good offenses will win you some games, but great defenses will win you championships.
Wasn't this game played 3 weeks ago? Move on bplayer

biaplayer,good teams overcome poor coaching decisions and bad calls.The game came down to a line in the dirt.[one yard]Our poor DEFENSE stuffed your awsome offense.Please accept that our guys wanted it more than yours and prevailed!P.S. if not for a very questionable holding call NED would have beat you alot worse.Our guys overcame the call.

Why does it take half of the population of Nederland to come on here and respond with long diatribes? Just post the final score! Thats all that matters. Nederland was better than PNG that night all things equal. I for one was impressed with the Doggie D. However I was unimpressed with the usually potent Doggie O. Sounds like you guys have gotten that worked out since. You get to really open it up this Friday night!

You png people are unbelievable.. one of your own brings up the Nederland game but it's our fault? The guy said Nederlands defense "ain't all that". If not then PNGs offense is absolutely terrible with zero talent. (sarcasm). If the roles were reversed and someone from Nederland attacked the png team, you and everyone else over there would have a stroke. We simply pointed out his ignorance.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="1086702" timestamp="1318933969"]
Honestly, I thought a team only had one rival. How did Vidor get so lucky to have so many. They must be the rich people over there since they can afford to have so many rivals in sports. We are just poor folks in mid county. We can only afford one Rival.
[/quote]
Lol, thats funny :)  I think the reason we have so many rivals is because Vidors rival used to be French, which became Central, so  naturally most put the rival tag on Central...Others who felt like we needed a rival latched on to Nederland likely because of a few spirited contests between the teams in the '80s...This is purely speculation tho and I haven't researched the scores between the two schools so don't blast me if I'm wrong. Also I've never heard of PNG being a rival until I read this thread.

If he didn't want to hear it, he shoulda kept his yap shut...oh by the way, Nederland 24, png 21 and the year before that,Nederland 39, png 32...calling Nederland's defense trash is ridiculous when it basically held his team to half their usual yardage and points, minus a trash time TD that meant little...you make dumb statements and you should be prepared to be called on them.

And as for the dead horse, if bia would quit reviving it, this would be dead...Nederland is through with png...they beat them are now have bigger fish to fry

[quote name="DarthVidor" post="1088485" timestamp="1319137997"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=89875.msg1086702#msg1086702 date=1318933969]
Honestly, I thought a team only had one rival. How did Vidor get so lucky to have so many. They must be the rich people over there since they can afford to have so many rivals in sports. We are just poor folks in mid county. We can only afford one Rival.
[/quote]
Lol, thats funny :)  I think the reason we have so many rivals is because Vidors rival used to be French, which became Central, so  naturally most put the rival tag on Central...Others who felt like we needed a rival latched on to Nederland likely because of a few spirited contests between the teams in the '80s...This is purely speculation tho and I haven't researched the scores between the two schools so don't blast me if I'm wrong. Also I've never heard of PNG being a rival until I read this thread.
[/quote]

I dislike PNG for two reasons.  When I was in HS, not sure what year it was, we were playing at The Reservation and they did not give our band the time to play our school song.  Secondly, another of my HS years, I believe it was LCM's mascot playfully tackled the Indian mascot.  PNG threw a huge fit over it.  Just seems they collectively have a huge stick up their @ss and cannot have any fun.  It is HIGH SCHOOL after all and these are kids.

[quote name="invictus" post="1088539" timestamp="1319142048"]
[quote author=DarthVidor link=topic=89875.msg1088485#msg1088485 date=1319137997]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I dislike PNG for two reasons.  When I was in HS, not sure what year it was, we were playing at The Reservation and they did not give our band the time to play our school song.  Secondly, another of my HS years, I believe it was LCM's mascot playfully tackled the Indian mascot.  PNG threw a huge fit over it.  Just seems they collectively have a huge stick up their @ss and cannot have any fun.  It is HIGH SCHOOL after all and these are kids.
[/quote]

PNG not have fun? Where else can you see an Indian on the field spinning 100 mph like a lunatic behind a marching "I"....yea we are kinda boring ;D

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="invictus" post="1088539" timestamp="1319142048"]
[quote author=DarthVidor link=topic=89875.msg1088485#msg1088485 date=1319137997]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree with you. I'm not saying all PNG fans are like this or that even half are like this but the main feeling i have gotten from PNG is they are spoiled (example, when PNG was playing in vidor the ref made a questionable call and i swear doty was whinning to the ref for atleast 4 minutes until the PNG coach had to take him to the sideline and give him a good talking to) and they think they are better than anyone. Now that feeling comes from some of the fans on this board. Again i say this is not coming from all of your fans just some of them. But thats just my opinion.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1088551" timestamp="1319143228"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=89875.msg1088539#msg1088539 date=1319142048]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree with you. I'm not saying all PNG fans are like this or that even half are like this but the main feeling i have gotten from PNG is they are spoiled (example, when PNG was playing in vidor the ref made a questionable call and i swear doty was whinning to the ref for atleast 4 minutes until the PNG coach had to take him to the sideline and give him a good talking to) and they think they are better than anyone. Now that feeling comes from some of the fans on this board. Again i say this is not coming from all of your fans just some of them. But thats just my opinion.
[/quote]

Doty was talking to the Ref because one of your assistant coaches (Who couldn't cut it at PNG) was taunting him all night, how mature is that from an adult? But guess who got the last laugh??

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PNGFan" post="1088553" timestamp="1319143468"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89875.msg1088551#msg1088551 date=1319143228]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=89875.msg1088539#msg1088539 date=1319142048]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Doty was talking to the Ref because one of your assistant coaches (Who couldn't cut it at PNG) was taunting him all night, how mature is that from an adult? But guess who got the last laugh??
[/quote]
Taunting? Seriously?

"Uh excuse me ref but that coach is taunting me will you please tell him to be nice?"

Wow.

Thank you for proving my point.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298