Best player in SETX?

HubTx

I have to say the MVP of Southeast Texas right now has to be Montana Quirante of Vidor. He is doing it on both sides of the ball, starting QB and MLB.

Now, does that say he is the best player? Probably not. But I believe it makes him the most valuable player in the area.

Best player from a statistical stand point has to be Hemphill soph. QB Justine Twine, who through just 6 games, has rushed for just over 2,000 yards.

I think that sometimes we get wrapped up in stats a little too easily though....

To me, when I think about who is the best player, I think about if I was hand picking a team, who would be the first player I would pick....

While Twine has put up fantastic numbers, what would he do against a 3A or 4A defense? I don't know, and we will never know....

Quirante is an interesting name because he is definitely the most valuable player to his team at this point....

I'm thinking as of right now, and my mind can be changed, that at the top of my list would be.... Hmm.... I don't know yet lol

[quote name="HubTx" post="1079905" timestamp="1318354071"]
Ok, I'll get it started lol....

We've played 6 weeks so far, who is THE BEST player in Southeast Texas????

Don't just give me a name, tell me why!!!!
[/quote]  Best player meaning, who will star in college, or who will pile up the best stats in high school this year?

Guest momof2hornets
[quote name="HubTx" post="1079926" timestamp="1318354982"]
I think that sometimes we get wrapped up in stats a little too easily though....

To me, when I think about who is the best player, I think about if I was hand picking a team, who would be the first player I would pick....

While Twine has put up fantastic numbers, what would he do against a 3A or 4A defense? I don't know, and we will never know....

Quirante is an interesting name because he is definitely the most valuable player to his team at this point....

I'm thinking as of right now, and my mind can be changed, that at the top of my list would be.... Hmm.... I don't know yet lol
[/quote]

Not trying to sway your choice but isnt that exactly what Justin Twine does also? He is QB and also goes back out on defense as MLB or safety, Jordan does too, actually theres not many that dont on our team because we have maybe 24 or so kids. He started last year as a 14 year old freshman as RB along side his brother, so in my opinion, that does make him valuable to his team. and yes I'm from Hemphill ( I KNOW my screen name wouldn't give it away...lol), but if it wasn't for our Oline, he might not get as many stats. Good Job O-line.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="greenhornet" post="1080134" timestamp="1318368278"]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=89648.msg1079926#msg1079926 date=1318354982]

[/quote]

Not trying to sway your choice but isnt that exactly what Justin Twine does also? He is QB and also goes back out on defense as MLB or safety, Jordan does too, actually theres not many that dont on our team because we have maybe 24 or so kids. He started last year as a 14 year old freshman as RB along side his brother, so in my opinion, that does make him valuable to his team. and yes I'm from Hemphill ( I KNOW my screen name wouldn't give it away...lol), but if it wasn't for our Oline, he might not get as many stats. Good Job O-line.
[/quote]
You have some good points here but may i add that playing both sides of the ball in 2A and 4A is a big difference. Most teams in 2A or lower have a lotta kids who play both sides of the ball. Thats typical but what you don't really think of is most of say your playing both sides of the ball but most of the kids on the other team are also playing both sides of the ball so yall are pretty much even but when it comes to 4A most kids aren't playing both sides of the ball so when you find one that does and is still doing what Quirante is dong thats something to speak of. Oh and Quirante was starting as a freshman also in MLB. And may i add this is his first year playing QB.  8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1080154" timestamp="1318369921"]
[quote author=greenhornet link=topic=89648.msg1080134#msg1080134 date=1318368278]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=89648.msg1079926#msg1079926 date=1318354982]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You have some good points here but may i add that playing both sides of the ball in 2A and 4A is a big difference. Most teams in 2A or lower have a lotta kids who play both sides of the ball. Thats typical but what you don't really think of is most of say your playing both sides of the ball but most of the kids on the other team are also playing both sides of the ball so yall are pretty much even but when it comes to 4A most kids aren't playing both sides of the ball so when you find one that does and is still doing what Quirante is dong thats something to speak of. Oh and Quirante was starting as a freshman also in MLB. And may i add this is his first year playing QB.  8)
[/quote]

2009 Starting LB's in the 3-4 Larimore, Johnson, Mojica, Robinson .  Quirante did not start as a Freshman although he did get playing time and what he is doing THIS year speaks for itself.

Quirante!
Apparently at the end of the Ozen game Coach Matthews was planning on a field goal attempt when Quirante stepped up and said, "No, I got this." At least that's what I recall reading in the paper. If that's true, it indicates the influence and value he has....as a junior in high school.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder