Baytown Lee vs. Dayton Game Thread/Dayton wins!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1077079" timestamp="1318084000"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=89458.msg1077046#msg1077046 date=1318081250]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=89458.msg1077041#msg1077041 date=1318080849]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=89458.msg1077018#msg1077018 date=1318079235]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=89458.msg1077014#msg1077014 date=1318078425]
Yeah we missed some tackles ( no excuse ) but late in the 4th when the game was on the line our D moved it up a notch and turned Les's offense off. Were not going to blow teams out this year by 40 points . We have a potent offense and the skills postions are loaded and guided by the best QB in the leage. Our line is young on both sides of the ball I think maybe some of the bigger players on offense need to go both ways to help shore up our small D line. Lee had some studs in the backfield and they had great game. All in all I think we will be just fine . Folwer has a sprang ankle and recovering from a horse collar tackle from the BH game Delisbore #1 is looking beter all the time the coaches are bringing him on slow .
[/quote]
Good post Jay. My thoughts exactly. Defense came up big when they needed to. Ironically enough, this is one of the best secondarys I've seen over the last few years, as far as INT's and knockdowns are concerned. Just that they're having to make too many tackles on run plays. Also agree with someone earlier, we need big #12 back. He's a beast!
[/quote]"one of the best secondarys  I've seen "????? you might need to view some game films of Bronco teams for the last few years
[/quote]2007 secondary was by far the best.  In the last three years, this might be one of our best.  Last year St. Andre playedas a freshmen in the secondary and had a great game last night.  We need #12 back.
[/quote]
I stand by my statement. There have been more physical groups yes, but against the pass (which is what I was referring), this team seems to have more of a nose for the ball. Maybe the scheme has changed a bit, I don't know. Seems like they're reading the QB better nowadays. I saw some of those previous great squads get burned over and over by a good passing attack.
[/quote]And I stand by mine 06, 07, and 08 were all much better in the secondary. Opposing teams had no choice but to pass more as Dayton always had a beast in the nose guard spot and the run was stopped cold. They would then try to pass and.....game over.

This was the first time I got to see Dayton play this season and it's going to be a down year for them.  JD is no where near to being 100%, he can't even run without favoring the leg.  To me that's just hindering the offense and putting him at risk to getting hurt again.  The Dayton secondary/defense looked ok but if REL would have had better play calling/coaching they would have beat Dayton.  Not to take anything away from REL's backs but Dayton's tackling was horrific.  IMO each year you have one goal and that is to win the State Championship, so why not start planning for that in the years to come and start bringing up some of the younger athletes to get some experience.  The coaches are going to have to find that mix of kids that works.  Right now the mix isn't working.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1077093" timestamp="1318084940"]
Which teams burned them over and over just curious I know friendswood and lake travis but both those teams in 07 would beat this team by 50
[/quote]
Okay point taken. Burned is probably not the best choice of words. Especially considering the competition level that the Broncs have seen in the past. But I think most of the fans would agree that historically (last 10 years), the Broncos have [b]generally[/b] been better against the run oriented teams than the prolific passers. Which is probably true for most high school teams. Stu always said that teaching HS kids how to play in space was the most difficult.

The point I was attempting to make was that this team has held their own (so far) in the secondary. As a casual fan with NO coaching expierence, I've noticed an improvement in the way the kids are prepared against the pass. And really, I was just trying to find a bright spot.  :) Go Broncos!

[quote name="7mary3" post="1077114" timestamp="1318086175"]
This was the first time I got to see Dayton play this season and it's going to be a down year for them.  JD is no where near to being 100%, he can't even run without favoring the leg.  To me that's just hindering the offense and putting him at risk to getting hurt again.  The Dayton secondary/defense looked ok but if REL would have had better play calling/coaching they would have beat Dayton.  Not to take anything away from REL's backs but Dayton's tackling was horrific.  IMO each year you have one goal and that is to win the State Championship, so why not start planning for that in the years to come and start bringing up some of the younger athletes to get some experience.  The coaches are going to have to find that mix of kids that works.  Right now the mix isn't working.
[/quote] Don't judge this team by one game : if you would of seen them the first three games you would have a differant opinion. Lee had some athletes lets give them some credit and wouldn't matter if their coach had better play calling the QB couldn't execute the pass. ---- What happened to the Smokey&Banddit Avatar your new one could use a face lift - ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1077193" timestamp="1318092491"]
Just need to tweek a few things and wait to get healthy.We've lost 2 real close games to 2 un-beaten teams.We're still in good shape,maybe better for the playoff pairing.Right now we're beating ourself.
[/quote]
Good ol' Liltex. The voice of reason. Been there done that huh Liltex. When you put it that way things don't seem too bad. 2 losses to unbeaten teams. Good point. So we sneak in the back door of the playoffs with a tweeked and healthy team and then make some noise. I like it! Thanks for putting it in perspective.  8)

when you go out to eat do you leave before dessert. when you go to a movie do you leave 5 min's before it's over. then why do so called  fans leave in the last few min's before the game is over.it's if we are wining or losing. p-------------s  me off................................................fan's are you ready...............

Guest octfeb
[quote name="broncofan55" post="1077245" timestamp="1318097128"]
Thanks to the band fans who stayed after the game was OVER, also to the otherside band. now that is respect.....
[/quote] I agree... I thought the other band staying to watch was very respectful. And our band fans. FYI The band is going to PNG next Saturday for UIL Marching contest... yall should come watch.. No really, yall should come watch.  ;D

[quote name="7mary3" post="1077114" timestamp="1318086175"]
[/quote]

Made my second game of the year as I wasn't convinced by the first one.  Tackling has been a problem all year and quite frankly the linebackers are just too small and are sitting back and waiting instead of coming up and making the play.  Pass rush is pretty decent but overall seems like they're doing pretty good with the hand dealt.  I feel terrible for Jakari...the accident last year and then the injury and he was really coming into his own.  I would've expected someone would have offered him.  Offense has the playmakers but can't seem to find a rhythm...don't know what happened to the running game but it's just gone.  Passing game is there but I don't understand why we don't stretch the field vertically.  Lee put a safety in the middle of the field maybe 8 plays and they were all long yardage....don't understand why we don't attack the middle of the field anymore and is there something wrong with Gamal Fowler??  Made big play after big play early in the season and has disappeared.  Crisp execution is not there and the playcalling leaves something to be desired.  Have a bad feeling about seeing any playoff runs in the near future...

[quote name="broncofan55" post="1081293" timestamp="1318517396"]
lets stay for all the game. and make some noise......fans are you ready....................................................fans are you ready...........................................
[/quote] I'm ready  I always stay til the end no matter what the score board says. I love me some Broncos!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder