Hou. North Forest vs. Barbers Hill Game Thread/The Hill wins!

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1076584" timestamp="1318042490"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=89456.msg1076559#msg1076559 date=1318042197]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=89456.msg1076534#msg1076534 date=1318041852]
Well, that was almost 63 points.
[/quote]

Saving that for GCM ;D Who said 63 points! I swear your Envy of the Hill is horrible.

Any who. The Eagles came out very flat tonight and FB came to play. FB played some good D tonight and contained BH. BH had to work for it and on Defense BH had a hard time containing the FB QB. Good thing the D bent and did not break as FB had a couple of chances early on to score, but the D held. I think after the beat down of Lee they thought they were just going to coast in the game. Just as Dayton found out these teams better come ready to play each friday night or you will be on the other end of a L!!
[/quote]

Ditto, I have to admit, NF is not as bad as folks think.  They made lots of big plays, blocked well, played hard every play and the QB is beast.  They just can't get out of their own way with turnovers and mistakes.  BH missed some opportunities for big plays with some uncharacteristic dropped balls, but otherwise continued to bring the wood on both sides of the ball.
[/quote]

Yes sir, granted the Eagles came out flat and under estimated the Bulldogs but those guys have a good QB and receiver or two. Not much support for the kids but they have some skills. Now if we caan get all our coaches to wear thier hats right maybe we can go to the playoffs. Not sure why a grown man would want to dress like a 16 year old soph.

[quote name="MHS32" post="1076639" timestamp="1318043118"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=89456.msg1076584#msg1076584 date=1318042490]
[/quote]

Saving that for GCM ;D Who said 63 points! I swear your Envy of the Hill is horrible.

Any who. The Eagles came out very flat tonight and FB came to play. FB played some good D tonight and contained BH. BH had to work for it and on Defense BH had a hard time containing the FB QB. Good thing the D bent and did not break as FB had a couple of chances early on to score, but the D held. I think after the beat down of Lee they thought they were just going to coast in the game. Just as Dayton found out these teams better come ready to play each friday night or you will be on the other end of a L!!
[/quote]

Ditto, I have to admit, NF is not as bad as folks think.  They made lots of big plays, blocked well, played hard every play and the QB is beast.  They just can't get out of their own way with turnovers and mistakes.  BH missed some opportunities for big plays with some uncharacteristic dropped balls, but otherwise continued to bring the wood on both sides of the ball.
[/quote]

Yes sir, granted the Eagles came out flat and under estimated the Bulldogs but those guys have a good QB and receiver or two. Not much support for the kids but they have some skills. [b][u]Now if we caan get all our coaches to wear thier hats right maybe we can go to the playoffs. Not sure why a grown man would want to dress like a 16 year old soph.[/u][/b][/quote]

I think it's just we are getting old.  I recall a day when I had on parachute pants and several bandanas wrapped around places they were never intended to go....... ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1076627" timestamp="1318042920"]
Your right hillguy, NF ain't bad at all defensively and their QB is a heck of a player. BH played sloppy, but it's a win. Got to work on dropping LB's back in coverage before next week. 
[/quote]

Must be tonight... they where pitiful last week.

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1076778" timestamp="1318046581"]
Thank goodness for the win! Whew that was ugly.

Hats off to NF. For those guys to give that kind of effort with what they have to endure is pretty remarkable.
I'll take the win though, we have a ton of work to do.

Get back to work Eagles.
[/quote]You just never know. !st time we have come out with a lack of intensity. It can be scary, just ask Dayton! The stats and the score are lopsided but we should have had three more td's had we executed the way we are capable of. Our big play guys made the plays when they had to on offense and defense. Gotta hand it to the NF team though. They played us salty with no quit. Hats off to em and good luck to NF in the rest of their district games.

Man that was hard to watch....flat on offense and a lot of missed tackles on defense.  Good news is we scored 4 td's and threw a shutout lol!

I think it was pretty obvious to most of the folks in the stands that we didn't come out and play like the team that beat Nederland and Dayton.  We need to refocus and get that swagger back....we should've easily scored 40 points tonight.

I tip my hat to the NF players though and the few fans that did show up.  They played their tails off the RIGHT way and never quit.  That in itself is something to be proud of in the midst of a tough situation over there.  Good luck to NF the rest of the way.

Feels weird to be somewhat disappointed about a blow out!!  8) 8)

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1076658" timestamp="1318043428"]
[quote author=MHS32 link=topic=89456.msg1076639#msg1076639 date=1318043118]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=89456.msg1076584#msg1076584 date=1318042490]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes sir, granted the Eagles came out flat and under estimated the Bulldogs but those guys have a good QB and receiver or two. Not much support for the kids but they have some skills. [b][u]Now if we caan get all our coaches to wear thier hats right maybe we can go to the playoffs. Not sure why a grown man would want to dress like a 16 year old soph.[/u][/b][/quote]

I think it's just we are getting old.  I recall a day when I had on parachute pants and several bandanas wrapped around places they were never intended to go....... ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Your probably right, I was always told that you could tell coaches and leaders apart from who they were leading by the way they conducted themselves and the way they dress. I guess that has changed though. Maybe some facial piercings would be a nice touch. Just Kidding, I'm sure all is fine. Hey were are my parachute pants????

[quote name="bh15" post="1076831" timestamp="1318048674"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=89456.msg1076778#msg1076778 date=1318046581]
Thank goodness for the win! Whew that was ugly.

Hats off to NF. For those guys to give that kind of effort with what they have to endure is pretty remarkable.
I'll take the win though, we have a ton of work to do.

Get back to work Eagles.
[/quote]You just never know. !st time we have come out with a lack of[b] intensity[/b]. It can be scary, just ask Dayton! The stats and the score are lopsided but we should have had three more td's had we executed the way we are capable of. Our big play guys made the plays when they had to on offense and defense. Gotta hand it to the NF team though. They played us salty with no quit. Hats off to em and good luck to NF in the rest of their district games.
[/quote]

That is the key, the intensity was not there. I think the coaches will help them get it back. Keep working Eagles.

[quote name="Mr. Blitz" post="1076857" timestamp="1318050742"]
Man that was hard to watch....flat on offense and a lot of missed tackles on defense.  Good news is we scored 4 td's and threw a shutout lol!

I think it was pretty obvious to most of the folks in the stands that we didn't come out and play like the team that beat Nederland and Dayton.  We need to refocus and get that swagger back....we should've easily scored 40 points tonight.

I tip my hat to the NF players though and the few fans that did show up.  They played their tails off the RIGHT way and never quit.  That in itself is something to be proud of in the midst of a tough situation over there.  Good luck to NF the rest of the way.

[b]Feels weird to be somewhat disappointed about a blow out!![/b]  8) 8)
[/quote]

That is so true Blitz. Good post.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder