Mid County Madness Game Thread/NEDERLAND WINS 24-21!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="longhornmiked" post="1070788" timestamp="1317451702"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=89113.msg1070785#msg1070785 date=1317451280]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=89113.msg1070770#msg1070770 date=1317448672]
I'll put it like this: what has Odessa Permian done since Faircloth left? Yeah. Nuff said.
[/quote]

Permian hasn't been too good for a while.  Even when he was there.  Not like they used to anyway.
[/quote]
His last two years there they were District Champions and Area Finalist. Not too bad!!!
[/quote]

That's good to some people, but not by Permian standards.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1070791" timestamp="1317453393"]
[quote author=longhornmiked link=topic=89113.msg1070788#msg1070788 date=1317451702]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=89113.msg1070785#msg1070785 date=1317451280]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=89113.msg1070770#msg1070770 date=1317448672]
I'll put it like this: what has Odessa Permian done since Faircloth left? Yeah. Nuff said.
[/quote]

Permian hasn't been too good for a while.  Even when he was there.  Not like they used to anyway.
[/quote]
His last two years there they were District Champions and Area Finalist. Not too bad!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]
Seeing that they had done nothing since 98’, nor anything since, my guess would be that more than a few people in Odessa wouldn’t mind him still being around.

[quote name="longhornmiked" post="1070792" timestamp="1317453970"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=89113.msg1070791#msg1070791 date=1317453393]
[quote author=longhornmiked link=topic=89113.msg1070788#msg1070788 date=1317451702]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Seeing that they had done nothing since 98’, nor anything since, my guess would be that more than a few people in Odessa wouldn’t mind him still being around.
[/quote]

After the success they have had in the past, I would expect to be in the regional final or better every year. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1070795" timestamp="1317454856"]
[quote author=longhornmiked link=topic=89113.msg1070792#msg1070792 date=1317453970]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=89113.msg1070791#msg1070791 date=1317453393]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

After the success they have had in the past, I would expect to be in the regional final or better every year. 
[/quote]
I agree that they should expect it, but Reality is that over the last 14 years or so the only success they had is with Faircloth.

Great game boys....Glad to see Brett Brown being Brett Brown at that line backer postion...Troy looked great running over them P.N.G boys.... looks like Troy ran the ball with a chip on his shoulder & ran it well...Def looked good so I guess ol" Smittys going to keep the noise down for a little while..Good job once again....P.S Bucket Jr.( Barrow) Looked good at corner

[quote name="hottestbats" post="1070751" timestamp="1317446397"]
Another .500 season for PNG? Faircloth for President! Boy he is sure turning things around over there. One undefeated season and he was the King. It's amazing how a coach looks when he has unbelievable talent. I've been hearing alot of the purple faithful doubting him as of late. All I can say is  Faircloth= Finesse and Soft! Way to go Dog's!
[/quote]
His first year he went undefeated and according to this board, with no talent. When we were complaining the year before to get rid of Burnett , the people of this board were saying that Burnett wasn't the problem . They were saying we didn't have any talent. Then last year (Faircloth's second year) we started actually worse than this year and went three rounds deep in the playoffs , deeper than ANYBODY in this district. So i'm not sure why your talking about .500. Those were the days of Burnett, so at least educate yourself a little before you bump your gums. Remember there were a few (not many) that wanted to keep Burnett and thet are taking every chance they get to knock Faircloth. I assure that most of us here would not trade Faircloth for anyone. There are a lot of people who would like to play for him and we have gotten some transfers coming into the underclass. Maybe our talent pool will improve lol  ::). We are doing the same thing we did last year as far as improving each week and finished better than any in 20-4A. That's what a good coach does. I felt going into last night that our defense was very suspect and I left last night thinking that we are either improving on D or Nederlands offense wasn't as good as I expected. Probably a little of both.  We had a chance to win last night and the drive died about a half yard short inside your 20. I give Nederlands defensive front credit for that. They were the difference.

I think Faircloth is a fine coach and is well suited for PNG. I wouldn't trade Neumann for him any day of the week. Faircloths flaw is he let's his emotions dictate game decisions. As a coach, you can't do that. Of course this is just my opinion of faircloth so I don't really care if you agree or not. I'm not stating a fact, just an opinion. PNG better refocus though or they'll be off to a quick 0-3 start and being handed their hats. Must win situation for PNG next game..

[quote name="GoBigBlue1997" post="1070764" timestamp="1317448353"]
LMAO @ NDNWarrior!!!!!  Whoop and hollering on page 8 and quiet as a church mouse since...LOL!!!  Thats why I love coming to this board, always makes me laugh.  That was a good game tonight.  [b][b]Probably shouldnt have been as close as it was, but its a rivalry and thats what usually happens.[/b][/b]  PNG can bounce back.  Reminds me alot like last year.  Good luck to both teams the rest of the way and thanks for making me proud to live in the mid-county community!
[/quote]Don't know why you would say that...It was another close game that we came up on the short end of the stick. It wasn't like Nederland was running up and down the field on us. But, alas, it is a another in the loss column. Hats off to Nederland front four and Linebackers. They did a great job. As far as Faircloth....well many questionable play calls. Like how many times will you try a shuttle pass to determine that the linebacker is all over it every time! And the 4 and 1, well gutsy call to go for it, which I don't mind, but from the shotgun with that defense? Geezz...Well time to pick ourselves up and focus on the next game which is Ozen. They have been winning so it ain't gonna be easy. Keep the pride going NDN's!!!

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1070966" timestamp="1317483197"]
[quote author=GoBigBlue1997 link=topic=89113.msg1070764#msg1070764 date=1317448353]
LMAO @ NDNWarrior!!!!!  Whoop and hollering on page 8 and quiet as a church mouse since...LOL!!!  Thats why I love coming to this board, always makes me laugh.  That was a good game tonight.  [b][b]Probably shouldnt have been as close as it was, but its a rivalry and thats what usually happens.[/b][/b]  PNG can bounce back.  Reminds me alot like last year.  Good luck to both teams the rest of the way and thanks for making me proud to live in the mid-county community!
[/quote]Don't know why you would say that...It was another close game that we came up on the short end of the stick. It wasn't like Nederland was running up and down the field on us. But, alas, it is a another in the loss column. Hats off to Nederland front four and Linebackers. They did a great job. As far as Faircloth....well many questionable play calls. Like how many times will you try a shuttle pass to determine that the linebacker is all over it every time! And the 4 and 1, well gutsy call to go for it, which I don't mind, but from the shotgun with that defense? Geezz...[b]Well time to pick ourselves up and focus on the next game which is Ozen[/b]. They have been winning so it ain't gonna be easy. Keep the pride going NDN's!!!
[/quote]

What about Lumberton next week?  Vidor has Ozen this week

My wife works for a company in Port Neches. She is off on Fridays but was called in for a mandatory meeting. When she got there the entire office, including hers, was decorated in purple and white with PNG indian stuff everywhere. There was also a huge banner predicting the outcome. My wife is not a revengful person but she has been chuckling under her breath all day. I'm sure she will be chuckling a bit in the office on Monday.

Some of the penalties called last night looked like bad calls on the tv replay.  The holding call on Nederland's rushing touchdown against the receiver was very questionable.  If he was holding it was inside the shoulder pads.  Defensive pass interference in the endzone was legitimate but the very next play that PNG scored there should have been offensive pass interference called because the receiver clearly pushed off.  Overall a very good game but too many penalties for each team.

[quote name="mcdonajp" post="1071104" timestamp="1317493655"]
Some of the penalties called last night looked like bad calls on the tv replay.  The holding call on Nederland's rushing touchdown against the receiver was very questionable.  If he was holding it was inside the shoulder pads.  Defensive pass interference in the endzone was legitimate but the very next play that PNG scored there should have been offensive pass interference called because the receiver clearly pushed off.  Overall a very good game but too many penalties for each team.
[/quote]

And some people thought I was crazy for calling out the terrible officiating. I also love how PNG scored on an obvious pick. It was out in the open. I bet those officials don't even know what a pick is. Where do they get these clowns?!

GoDogs27...since you 'called me out on the board' with your obsession of  PNG, I'll bite. I was at the game, updating on my iPhone....heck yeah I was excited...I'm a true Indian fan and will remain one...and, btw, I didn't leave early.  If you don't like my posts, don't read them...no one is making you.  I'll be doing the same thing inthe future in support of PNG.  PNG has a GREAT fan base/following....I think you have a problem with it. 

Moving on...Nederland got the win...they were the better team with a helluva defense.  Unlike you, who, in the first quarter, was already complaining about the officiating, I was supporting my team, not already complaining about the officiating...thats lame. I support Nederland the rest of the year except MCM. If Nederland is in the playoffs, I continue to support them. Go back and read my posts over the years, I have NEVER been negative toward the Bulldogs...BUT...I will support the Indians to the bitter end...win or lose...this is why I bleed "purple".....this is why I'm a loyal PNG fan. I relocated to PNG in 1984 for one reason...so my kids could go to school in PNGISD...to me, this is the best school district in Texas. Again, my opinion. I became an Indian fan then and have remained loyal to this day. You give the good people and fans of Nederland a bad reputation with your hateful spewing against PNG...and I have many very good friends in Nederland that would be embarrassed by your attacks.  I hope you don't do this to Livingston fans next week....we'll wait and see.

Best of Luck to Nederland vs. Livingston next week.  Should be a great Offense vs. Defense game.

[b][color=purple]HONOR.....PRIDE.....TRADITION>>>========>>>PNG[/color][/b]

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="1071584" timestamp="1317522793"]
GoDogs27...you are really obsessed with PNG....I was at the game, updating on my iPhone....heck yeah I was excited...I'm a true Indian fan and will remain one...and, btw, I didn't leave early.  If you don't like my posts, don't read them...no one is making you.  I'll be doing the same thing in support of PNG.  PNG has a GREAT fan base/following....I think you have a problem with it. 

Moving on...Nederland got the win...they were the better team with a helluva defense.  Unlike you, who, in the first quarter, was already complaining about the officiating, I was supporting my team. I support Nederland the rest of the year except MCM. If Nederland is in the playoffs, I continue to support them. Go back and read my posts over the years, I have NEVER been negative toward the Bulldogs...BUT...I will support the Indians to the bitter end...win or lose...this is why I bleed "purple".....this is why I'm a loyal PNG fan.

Best of Luck to Nederland vs. Livingston next week.  Should be a great Offense vs. Defense game.

[b][color=purple]HONOR.....PRIDE.....TRADITION>>>========>>>PNG[/color][/b]
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with pointing out a bad call when i see one. Happens every game and both teams usually get screwed on a call here and there. Its difficult to deal with on the more obvioous ones but I guess its part of the game. No problem with PNGs fan base or following. Its by far the best following in southeast Texas. And I am definitely not obsessed with PNG. Cant stand anything about PNG. But I respect the loyal fans of any school, just dont respect the pretenders or fair weather fans. I make no bones about me not liking PNG, its just part of it. I guess I have an old school mentality with this rivalry. I think its crazy when PNG fans show up at Nederland games in support or vice versa. Thats just me though and there are a lot that dont feel that way. There are quite a few that do feel that way though. Everyone is entitled to feel how they want about it.

AdminBabe,Thanks for pointing out how well the linebackers played.I thought Brown played a great first half and Wood played an outstanding second half! Broussard also made an outstanding interception.Our front four gets alot of credit and rightfully so but they are also backed up by good talent.P.S. Can someone please tell me how Shaw was holding on the touchdown that was brought back.Talk about a turning point in the game.

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1070879" timestamp="1317476710"]
Great game boys....Glad to see Brett Brown being Brett Brown at that line backer postion...Troy looked great running over them P.N.G boys.... looks like Troy ran the ball with a chip on his shoulder & ran it well..[b].Def looked good so I guess ol" Smittys going to keep the noise down for a little while.[/b].Good job once again....P.S Bucket Jr.( Barrow) Looked good at corner
[/quote]

This must be a year made in Hades for Smitty! A defense that has given up less than three hundred yards a game so far!

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1071231" timestamp="1317501127"]
[quote author=mcdonajp link=topic=89113.msg1071104#msg1071104 date=1317493655]
[/quote]

And some people thought I was crazy for calling out the terrible officiating. I also love how PNG scored on an obvious pick. It was out in the open. I bet those officials don't even know what a pick is. Where do they get these clowns?!
[/quote]
The coaches pick us. How many games have you officiated,? Just because drool runs out both corners of your mouth doesn't mean you're level headed.
*Mod edit - no personal attacks**

[quote name="teeboan" post="1072216" timestamp="1317595472"]

The coaches pick us. How many games have you officiated, ? Just because drool runs out both corners of your mouth doesn't mean you're level headed.
[/quote]

Gonna need someone to decipher this for me... anyone?

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1072217" timestamp="1317595669"]
[quote author=teeboan link=topic=89113.msg1072216#msg1072216 date=1317595472]

The coaches pick us.[b](BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY GONNA GET THE HOMETOWN CALLS)[/b] How many games have you officiated[b])[/b] Just because drool runs out both corners of your mouth doesn't mean you're level headed.[b](I THROW MY YELLOW FLAG BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT SEE IT HAPPEN DOESNT MEAN IT DIDNT HAPPEN)[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hows that  ;) ;D

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1072223" timestamp="1317596165"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89113.msg1072217#msg1072217 date=1317595669]
[quote author=teeboan link=topic=89113.msg1072216#msg1072216 date=1317595472]

The coaches pick us.[b](BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY GONNA GET THE HOMETOWN CALLS)[/b] How many games have you officiated[b])[/b] Just because drool runs out both corners of your mouth doesn't mean you're level headed.[b](I THROW MY YELLOW FLAG BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT SEE IT HAPPEN DOESNT MEAN IT DIDNT HAPPEN)[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hows that  ;) ;D
[/quote]

HAHA nice Bronx.. That made my day.. Gotta love those phantom calls. Would love to know what goes through an officials mind before he throws a flag on a penalty that never occured.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder