Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman

• Coldspring
    • Huffman

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1095343" timestamp="1319674711"]
what year did his brother play
[/quote]
His brother started at Huntsville for at least 3 years at several different postions, including QB.  Was a freshman at OSU last year, and got into some highlight reels as I remember.  Won the 4a 100m his senior year.  Tough to catch in broken field running.  Was a joy to watch.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BH 89-2" post="1095346" timestamp="1319674883"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=88996.msg1095213#msg1095213 date=1319665456]
Don´t know about this game, but ......

I suspect that by now just about everyone knows that if you give Gilbert half a step, it is TD time.  From what I have seen, he has the speed of his brother.  I saw both play hs ball and and his brother, per OSU website (last year) is the fastest human at Oklahoma State (including the track team).  I am curious to see how highly recruited Sherman will become.
[/quote]

Man J_Dog, you haven't flipped sides and dropped Jasper for Coldsprings have you?  I know they are closer to your house, but you are the Jasper sports encyclopedia.
[/quote]
just waiting for the dogs to do something worthy of talking about.  :)  well, they now HAVE won 3 in a row, and have a playoff spot tied up.  probably against Chapel Hill.  if they beat Chapel Hill, then ............  then I will start taking notice......  Jasper is basically a Soph laden team, with a lot yet to prove.  So, snice CS is so close to home, have to give them some props!

Good luck to both squads. Both teams are deserving to be district champs and I hope we are in for a gr8 hard fought game. What is truly awesome is we have two gr8 teams representing our district in the playoffs. I dont know how far either will go, but memories are being made for these young men.

Good luck and may the best team win!

My official scored prediction is 37-20. I know barbay will go for a few two pointers after touchdowns (explaining the weird score of 37) and i'm hoping the coldspring d can hold huffman to field goals once they get in the red zone. I'm thinking they may get successful in getting first downs, but pass heavy offenses tend to struggle  in the red zone imo, since there's less field to work with.

Well finaly here.....I can say before the start of the season I never thought we would even be talking about a district Champs spot after loseing 22 senors. Goes to show good coaching I beleave in Huffman and I believe they have the ability for an upset.
No matter what I pray for a good clean game, nobody gets hurt and it shows chalanges to both teams to prepare them for the playoffs after all How nice would it be for all of us to be in Dallas playing for state in div i and II
during the season Bigdaddy from CS and me text each other to keep each other informed on our teams and will through the playoffs we are meeting after the game at ihop on 1960 you should join us there.
GO Falcons and district 22-3A

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1096872" timestamp="1319806695"]
Well finaly here.....I can say before the start of the season I never thought we would even be talking about a district Champs spot after loseing 22 senors. Goes to show good coaching I beleave in Huffman and I believe they have the ability for an upset.
No matter what I pray for a good clean game, nobody gets hurt and it shows chalanges to both teams to prepare them for the playoffs after all How nice would it be for all of us to be in Dallas playing for state in div i and II
during the season Bigdaddy from CS and me text each other to keep each other informed on our teams and will through the playoffs we are meeting after the game at ihop on 1960 you should join us there.
GO Falcons and district 22-3A
[/quote]

I am ready to get me a belly full of some Ihop tonight after the game... This will be a big game For both teams, but the other game we cant forget about is for the 3rd spot, Cleveland and Liberty. I am thinking Cleveland will pull an upset in this game, Then the third game of the night is the Rangers at St Louis.. I would love to see Berkman get a ring and The Series M.V.P

This game cant get here soon enough this evening. At this rate, I will have lost 10 lbs with a dag-gum nervous stomach. LOL
Good luck to both teams. Safe travels to Cold Springs. I also would like to pray for an injury free football game and pray for a gr8 game! GO HUFFMAN!
Back to the bathroom!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR always more mervous watching my dang kids!

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1096754" timestamp="1319777155"]
Good Luck to both teams.... Should be a great game!

Congrats to Huffman Freshman, DISTRICT CHAMPS!
[/quote]

Dont know how thats possible Tarkington freshman are undefeated as well. Guess that game that got rained out would have been a big one.

They played Coldsprings freshman the have two or three sophmore kids I believe that have never played before so needless to say they dont see the field much. I think they are playing a JV schedule unless the other teams have a freshman team but I could be mistaken.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1093849" timestamp="1319559958"]
Wasn't Liberty behind Splendora at half or struggling?

Didn't Huffman drop a pass in the endzone too?

I am not sure where this is going? Huffman BEAT Liberty... Huffman will have their hands full this week with Coldsprings.

Liberty NEEDS to BEAT Cleveland TO GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS, Huffman is already in... Good Luck to all 4 Teams this week. Stay injury free and lets represent 22-3A well in the playoffs.
[/quote]

As we stand right now, Huffman is the only team that can come out of tonights game as a clear District 22-3A champion with a win over Coldspring. On the other hand everyone is leaving Liberty out and they may very well be playing next week for the District 22-3A championship, Coldspring beat Huffman, Liberty beats Coldspring and a three way tie for the championship with the tie breaker deciding the championship. Not likely, but possible. I give the nod to Coldspring into nights game. Liberty should handle Cleveland.

Well what can you say, Huffman had thier chances in the redzone and couldn't convert. That is the problem you seem to have the spread, although coldspring's d was also a big contributor. Huffman's d played great I will have to check the stats but I believe both Gilbert and Monroe had under 100 yards and Gilbert had negative yards till the 2nd quarter. Not quite the game I predicted, but hardly the blowout others predicted.

Anyway good luck to coldspring moving forward. Bring on silsbee 8).

Wow. Good game, kept it interesting in the first half.

Coldspring is an incredible team.

They weren't happy with several penalties (and I disagree too as far as some of their false starts, one or two were encroachment on us... ), but I can tell you every last personal foul they got was well deserved. Not to say we didn't have any ither, called or uncalled.

Still doesn't change the fact that they were the better team tonight. Good job

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder