1. 1. Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman

• Coldspring
    • Huffman

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1090888" timestamp="1319297330"]
Realy looking forward to next weeks game between CS and Huffman, They always play each other hard. this will also be a good test for each team going into te playoffs. If both teams bring their A-game i predict the game to be close and a nail biter. i would hope of a clean game with good refs and injery free.
  Both teams should rep-22-3a well, I had about 2 rows of CS players at the game watching us a Cleavland, they seemed to be impressed with the air assault.But who wouldn't be impressed with CS running game?
[/quote]

Very true. It will be a great game between the 2. This game will be the toughest for both teams and well needed before facing 21-3a in the first round. Both teams seem to be clicking well. I am ready to see this game this week. Have a great game and best of luck to both teams.

[quote name="chs11" post="1090371" timestamp="1319254588"]
[quote author=jnunn link=topic=88996.msg1089688#msg1089688 date=1319243659]
chs11
"If Huffman’s offense keeps Coldspring’s offensive off the field than the score will be in the low 30’s for the Trojans." Only coldspring can keep it's offense off the field or huffman's D, whichever way you look at it.

Think about it for a second...But....I was just wondering how the Coldspring offense can be on the field with the Huffman offense at the same time? Like I said "If the Huffman offense can keep the Coldspring offense off the field" (By controling the ball with a passing game)

I do appreciate and thank you for trying to give me a helping hand with my post though.
Never the less I expect  a good game, maybe!!!
[/quote]

I may have worded it wrong, but what I was trying to say was that I don't know that if a passing game runs the clock to well. Example -  recievers run out of out bounds, incomplete passes, and if it's second and long and third and long they'll be passing the ball all night to get first downs.
You can ask beaumont kelly how much a passing attack can stop the clock after they play st.thomas. You can expect a game with st.thomas to feel like it last three hours.

"I was just wondering how the Coldspring offense can be on the field with the Huffman offense at the same time?"

what i meant to say was( like I said in a earlier post) that penalties might keep us from having sustained drives, or that we might just under perform , as in we're our own worst enemy, hence "keeping ourselves off the field".
[/quote]

chs 11..we are on the same side, no harm done. I keep time of possission stats and I see where Huffman is within minutes of Coldspring on time of possission even with their passing game. 70% of their passes are safe passes, meaning short hook passes, short slants and backs out of the backfield. They use it much likea rushing offense. I am curious to see how the Trojans handle this attack. They have the tools to answer with two all state defensive players. I said early in my assesment ot the 22-3A teams that the Coldspring defense would be equal to or better than their offense. Go get'em I have to cover another game but you can bet I will be on Setxsports keeping up with the game.

Not ready to give a prediction yet but I'm not sure I'm buying the premise that Huffman is better than last years squad...

I'm not saying they aren't but I'm just having a hard time believing that this years group of receivers and QB is better than last years...Is Townley (at this point in his high school career) really better than DeBerry as a 3yr starter?  Receivers better than last years record setting crew?

I know that Gray should probably be better as he has another year of maturity and experience under his belt but he really doesn't concern me because Coldspring has handled pretty much every good RB they've faced the last couple years...

The prevailing thought is that Coldspring struggles against strong passing teams, however, (in addition to Huffman) they did beat a very, very good Athens & Wimberly team last year (in the playoffs) that threw the ball really well against their other opponents only to be shut down by the Trojans...Both of those teams were also well balanced running and throwing...

Carthage was the only team last year able to move the ball through the air well enough to win (Kirbyville threw with some success in the rematch in round 3 of playoffs but were unable to do enough to win-don't remember much throwing in the first matchup earlier in the year that Coldspring lost)...There were several busts & plain out bad coverage in the state title game, however, the main reason Carthage was successful throwing was because they were able to protect their QB (Morgan) and give him plenty of time to go through his reads and make his throws...

Passing prowess aside Huffman's success through the air will be dictated by how well their oline holds up against the Trojans all out assault...Townley and receivers may be really good but will they have the time to complete plays?  I thought DeBerry and crew were the 3rd best team Coldspring played last year (behind Kirbyville and Carthage) and yet their pressure on DeBerry forced him to throw 3 or 4 picks at crucial times...

Defensively, will Huffman be able to bottle up and frustrate Gilbert again as they did last year? Will they be able to stop Monroe if they're keying on Gilbert? Can they slow down both enough to stymie the offense? While gearing up to stop the run do they give up a couple big pass plays? Not sure they are good enough on D to do all the above things needed to pull out the win...

[quote name="MEM" post="1091289" timestamp="1319326800"]
Not ready to give a prediction yet but I'm not sure I'm buying the premise that Huffman is better than last years squad...

I'm not saying they aren't but I'm just having a hard time believing that this years group of receivers and QB is better than last years...Is Townley (at this point in his high school career) really better than DeBerry as a 3yr starter?  Receivers better than last years record setting crew?

I know that Gray should probably be better as he has another year of maturity and experience under his belt but he really doesn't concern me because Coldspring has handled pretty much every good RB they've faced the last couple years...

The prevailing thought is that Coldspring struggles against strong passing teams, however, (in addition to Huffman) they did beat a very, very good Athens & Wimberly team last year (in the playoffs) that threw the ball really well against their other opponents only to be shut down by the Trojans...Both of those teams were also well balanced running and throwing...

Carthage was the only team last year able to move the ball through the air well enough to win (Kirbyville threw with some success in the rematch in round 3 of playoffs but were unable to do enough to win-don't remember much throwing in the first matchup earlier in the year that Coldspring lost)...There were several busts & plain out bad coverage in the state title game, however, the main reason Carthage was successful throwing was because they were able to protect their QB (Morgan) and give him plenty of time to go through his reads and make his throws...

Passing prowess aside Huffman's success through the air will be dictated by how well their oline holds up against the Trojans all out assault...Townley and receivers may be really good but will they have the time to complete plays?  I thought DeBerry and crew were the 3rd best team Coldspring played last year (behind Kirbyville and Carthage) and yet their pressure on DeBerry forced him to throw 3 or 4 picks at crucial times...

Defensively, will Huffman be able to bottle up and frustrate Gilbert again as they did last year? Will they be able to stop Monroe if they're keying on Gilbert? Can they slow down both enough to stymie the offense? While gearing up to stop the run do they give up a couple big pass plays? Not sure they are good enough on D to do all the above things needed to pull out the win...
[/quote]

No imo the qb and wrs are not as good as last year. How could they be you had a 3 year starter who threw for nearly 3500 yards and two d1 wrs in Casey martin (u of h) and riley julian (vmi) plus witwer (west TX A&M) was just as good. However I think this years team overall is just as good if not better than last year, and it is because of the defense. Last year the D was the weakness, this year the D has been excellent, and while the O is not to the caliber of last year, they are still very good. Townley has the potential to be better than Deberry and wrs have  gotten better every game. Hardy is having a break out year after not seeing a lot of playing time the last two years.

The thing that scares me the most about this team compared to last year is the they struggle to run the ball. People forget that last year Huffman ran for over 1900 yards and averaged 160 a game last year. This year they average about 90 a game. Last year the run game was good enough to keep the D from pinning thier ears back and going after the QB everytime.

Protecting the QB will be the key if Huffman is able to do that I think they are very capable of winning this game.

The biggest thing I have realized this year is the the future is very bright at Huffman. Townley is coming back as well as grey, wr/db Cole harrel and many others. Last night listing to the game when Fr. Wr Chase harrel got some playing time, the announcers were shocked that he was only a fr. They said he might have been one of the biggest kids on the field. Huffman looks to be very good in the coming years.

Good post MEM. I do think the key is to get pressure on Townley with various blitzes. BUT, scared of a quick release while blitzing. May end up as big plays. But I know Coach Barbay has figured out a scheme just like last year. We will be ok. As for our offense, it's ok to get runs of 5 and 6 yards at a time. That just chews up the clock and keeps Huffman's offense off the field. But I think there will be plenty of big runs for CS. That Franks kid for Cleveland had over 100 yards against Huffman. We will have 2 backs with over 100 yards! 

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1091329" timestamp="1319329572"]
Good post MEM. I do think the key is to get pressure on Townley with various blitzes. BUT, scared of a quick release while blitzing. May end up as big plays. But I know Coach Barbay has figured out a scheme just like last year. We will be ok. As for our offense, it's ok to get runs of 5 and 6 yards at a time. That just chews up the clock and keeps Huffman's offense off the field. But I think there will be plenty of big runs for CS. That Franks kid for Cleveland had over 100 yards against Huffman. We will have 2 backs with over 100 yards!
[/quote]

Yeah Franks did get 100, but most came late in the 2nd half vs the backups. Heck he even got most of his yards on one 50+ yard play in the 4th that got them down to our 13, and they still couldn't score. Last year you didn't have 2 backs over 100, heck you had less yard than Huffman did. Yall just forced turnovers and capitalized on them.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1091371" timestamp="1319331620"]
I will take the 1 back with over 100 yards and give you more passing yards or even total yards  and we will take the "W". Total yards don't count on interception returns. There will be alot of them there yards for us. ;)
[/quote]

Fair enough lol ;D. I cant wait for friday, hope it is as good a game as last year.

Guest Firstdown
First off yall will not come out with the "W". I can promise you. And after seeing yall play, Im even more sure of that. So dont get hopes up too high. Our defense is going to shut you down. You will think yall hit a brick wall when you meet the Trojans this year. Like a Cleveland fan said, You truley dont know how good the Trojans are until you play them.

HUFFMAN 35
CS 27

I base that off NOTHING. Just like you NAYSAYERS pick CS to blowout Huffman! Just ike promises that CS wins! Just like MOST of you have done against Huffman all season long and we just keep rolling. CS better strap ya chin straps up when ya roll in to OUR HOUSE!

After watching the Huffman Cleveland throw down friday night I can say with complete confidence that CS will win this affair !! CS by at least 3 tds.  Huffman runs a great spread "O" their reciever's run perfect routes. the diffence is that Townley  will not have time to read the field and pick apart a CS defense. He will be pressured and sacked all night if the O line blocked like they did friday night. Cleveland plyed with no intensitty or heart friday night. CS will have to make a few adjustments before they can run on the Huffmans defense. The linebackers will plugs the gaps and give CS problems running up the middle. The only weak spot I see with the defense is the corners doens't seem to have great speed. That will hurt you when CS spread Gilbert and Skyes out. CS defense will shut Huffmans offense down and CS offense will wear Huffmans defense down. AFter 3rd qtr CS will run away witht he game. This is the game we waited all yr for and now its finally here. It should be the best game we had all yr.  I wish both teams a safe and injury free game. Both teams will represent the district very well in the playoffs.

this offense does not need time for the QB to throw the ball. The ball is out in a hurry and against Cleveland the only time Townley was pressured was in the 3rd and we totally ran a different offense that in the 1st half. It could be said the same thing when Cleveland played CS. NO INTENSITY!  COME ON MAN! Huffman is in the best shape of any team in the district! Trust me when I say they will not wear down. GOOD LUCK AGAIN TO BOTH SIDES! Injury free for both before the playoffs!

I agree bambam  cleveland put no pressure on the QB. BUt CS will. I didn't say Huffman wasn't in shape or a great team.  Have Huffmans D played a team that will make them stay on the field most of the game ? Your D will not stop CS offense. So this week they sould go thru a lil more conditioning as they will need it come friday.  Clevelands D would wait until your recievers caught the ball before they did anything Come friday all those "open recievers" will not be so open. Can and will Townley scramble for yards ? How he handle the pressure and his decisions will effect if Huffman is stay in this game. I feel he will have to use his legs more than his arm come friday night. JMO !!

Heck as fast as we score, Huffmans D stays on the field. LOL......... What will beat Huffman, will be the BIG PLAY. What will beat CS is getting frustrated and inpatient FROM the lack of a big play. Watching video, there is not many sustained drives from CS. Townley strength is NOT scrambling by any means. So, if CS D puts that kind of pressure and WR you are talking about, could be a long night. What a chess match! I can guarantee one thing, both coaches will have their boys ready to play!

THE EAGLE: Wont get ugly little brotha! 51-7 is a pipe dream! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder