Coldspring Vs Huffman

beastking18

Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman

• Coldspring
    • Huffman

Its all in good fun. Thats the way I see this site. I don't wish anything bad for both sides and yeh Coldspring is on top right now for at least two years and they will be back to reality and everyone can enjoy again. But for now ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) :) and the only way to not get beat by Coldspring is to get out of our district. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="captredass" post="1073705" timestamp="1317777407"]
Its all in good fun. Thats the way I see this site. I don't wish anything bad for both sides and yeh Coldspring is on top right now for at least two years and they will be back to reality and everyone can enjoy again. But for now ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) :) and the only way to not get beat by Coldspring is to get out of our district. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

I got you. This site is for trash talking and bragging it don't bother me at all, but when you lose you gotta be man enough to face the music afterwards.

I did end it because it shouldn't have been said about the stadium and i can remember having a stadium we had to make due with so that’s the reason i took it off. fact is it was fun to crank you guys up after listening to everyone from CS say " it will be a 60 point win" we all know that anything can happen on a Friday night and I do enjoy playing CS it the passion of both communities and the support the provide that is great. Huffman was very lucky this year to have our team click and have a good qb like Townley Cold springs is lucky to have Sherman he is a very talented young man I hope he goes far in collage as well and Barbay well that goes without saying. Both teams have talent and they we leave it on the field.  I wish both teams the best and hope they both go the distance which would show our district is no push over.
I still say close game just like last year Huffman wins in the final seconds.

[quote name="captredass" post="1073739" timestamp="1317779507"]
I've ate crow before and will not avoid the next time it is served. I'll be the first at the table. But what I like best is roasted Falcon served in a few weeks. :o :o :o
[/quote]

Well I would respond by saying roasted trojan taste better, but I guess that would make me a cannibal. ;D ;D ;D

In last year's game, they didn't respect our wideouts at all, as seen by cb and Lb blitzes leaving them wide open. I don't blame them either cus we didn't give them a reason to. This made a huge impact on that game as shown by our score. Hopefully we've worked on our passing game a little more this year, if by some miracle the run game becomes unaffective and we need to go to it. I don't why we wouldn't, especially with our stud tight end Lilley out there!!!!  8) 8) 8)

Fellas.......don't give CS the district trophy just yet! The CS/Huffman game will be intense and close either way. It is NOT far fetched to say Huffman wins district against CS at home. Either way, both teams will represent well in the playoffs!

BTW IMO Huffman will HANDLE Silsbee in the first round!  ;D

I hope u are ready for that big helping of Crow Bam.  The Trojans are not going to lose this one.  I feel like we are good enough to win the State title not just good enough to win a district title.  It may a tough game that gets both teams ready for the playoffs.  Which we badly need, but Huffman is not gonna get us this year. 

[quote name="only_one" post="1073300" timestamp="1317747118"]
Huffman's qb is good this year but not better than last years.  DeBerry threw for around 3500 yards and accounted for over 40 touchdowns.  Now I do agree with you that the D is better. 
Coldspring is a better team this year.  They have a big line they can run behind, and a defense that swarms to the ball. I can't wait to see this game but it is also 3 Weeks away.
[/quote]

What i have to say for that is i attended every single game DeBerry played and i saw a lot of the TDs he got that put him to that 3500yds and 40TDs was after the first half when Huffman had already ran the score up to about 60-0 and they just kept on trucking. He was a great QB but like it was said he made a few bad decision and threw picks. Been to a few games this year new work schedule has me working every other weekend and roating from daylights to graveyards, but what i have seen is a much improved D and a QB thats new to the team thats putting up the numbers and making the plays. I dont like how every year it is an ignorant bunch of people trash talking Huffman, I dont care how big a team is, if they dont show up to the game with there heads on straight and focus and play the game they know to play they could lose, the way i see it is every year it is always people saying CS by a lot and it never really ends up like that, it is normally a pretty close game between the 2 schools. Two great schools at that. So why every year must there be a lot of trash talk? Why dont you just keep it closed and let the teams do the talking on the field and see how it turns out.

[quote name="fortheloveofthegame22" post="1075852" timestamp="1318024539"]
[quote author=only_one link=topic=88996.msg1073300#msg1073300 date=1317747118]
Huffman's qb is good this year but not better than last years.  DeBerry threw for around 3500 yards and accounted for over 40 touchdowns.  Now I do agree with you that the D is better. 
Coldspring is a better team this year.  They have a big line they can run behind, and a defense that swarms to the ball. I can't wait to see this game but it is also 3 Weeks away.
[/quote]

What i have to say for that is i attended every single game DeBerry played and i saw a lot of the TDs he got that put him to that 3500yds and 40TDs was after the first half when Huffman had already ran the score up to about 60-0 and they just kept on trucking. He was a great QB but like it was said he made a few bad decision and threw picks. Been to a few games this year new work schedule has me working every other weekend and roating from daylights to graveyards, but what i have seen is a much improved D and a QB thats new to the team thats putting up the numbers and making the plays. I dont like how every year it is an ignorant bunch of people trash talking Huffman, I dont care how big a team is, if they dont show up to the game with there heads on straight and focus and play the game they know to play they could lose, the way i see it is every year it is always people saying CS by a lot and it never really ends up like that, it is normally a pretty close game between the 2 schools. Two great schools at that. So why every year must there be a lot of trash talk? Why dont you just keep it closed and let the teams do the talking on the field and see how it turns out.
[/quote]

If we dont talk trash to each other and about the games, there is no reason for the board. That means you would not get ot post your last message. Everyone on here knows trash talk behind a computer screen does not have any affect on the game today or tomorrow. Posting and reading on this board makes the week go by a lot faster for me! GOOD LUCK to ALL teams!

CS by 18+. The Shepherd Coach Bob Jones who coached a state finalist team in Aldine and has played some major HS teams during playoff runs said "Take the first 22 players and Coldspring can play with any team in the state including 5A. They are the best 22 players he has ever played against."
As far as passing goes, why would they when they have the rushing trio as they do. Gilbert, Sykes and Monroe. Either of these three players are capeable of the big run as proven. Believe me when I say that they have the best rushing offense that I have seen and I have been watching football some 50+ years. The price of the ticket is well worth just watching them play.

Yes the 14-6 Shepherd over Huffman at the half was no mistake. I don't expect that score to hold up, but........... Mean while CS in up on Splendora by 50+ and it is not yet halftime.

I completely understand what you're saying jnunn, but I hope we prepare for them like they are the defending state champs in that week of practice. I would hate to look back and say we didn't go into the game taking it seriously enough. Besides,  we thought we would win by more than we did last year. I like the mentality of player who thinks he's the underdog and his team doesn't get enough respect, even if the truth is the exact opposite.

[quote name="fortheloveofthegame22" post="1075852" timestamp="1318024539"]
[quote author=only_one link=topic=88996.msg1073300#msg1073300 date=1317747118]
[/quote]

What i have to say for that is i attended every single game DeBerry played and i saw a lot of the TDs he got that put him to that 3500yds and 40TDs was [u]after the first half when Huffman had already ran the score up to about 60-0 and they just kept on trucking.[/u] He was a great QB but like it was said he made a few bad decision and threw picks. [/quote]

Really??  Not the same games that I was watching then.  Last year, 25 of his 37 passing TDs came in the [b]first half [/b] of games.  Only 12 came in the 2nd half.  Of those 12, only 4 came in the 4th quarter.  And bad decisions???  Only 8 picks in 374 attempts.  Doesn't sound like too many bad decisions to me.

Guest Firstdown
Well the way i look at is Huffman let Shepherd score 17 points so i dont think the defense is as good as they say it is. So Coldsprings will score 60 on them.

[quote name="Firstdown" post="1080032" timestamp="1318363001"]
Well the way i look at is Huffman let Shepherd score 17 points so i dont think the defense is as good as they say it is. So Coldsprings will score 60 on them.
[/quote]

17 points.  I tought they gave up 14 and 7 was on a kick off.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1079714" timestamp="1318333272"]
I guess you really went to ONLY_ONE of DeBerry's games.... LOL!!!!
[/quote]

Are you directing something at me?  I am not the one who said anything bad about DeBerry.  You can see in other threads I am a big supporter of DeBerry and think Huffman has another good one with the one they have now.

[quote name="Firstdown" post="1080424" timestamp="1318392308"]
Lets see if you can handle Coldsprings first. Believe me Huffman will not win.
[/quote]
Thats the beauty of rooting for your home team! The time is coming in 3 weeks for the CS and Huffman matchup. CS wont put up those numbers against Huffman and wont shut Huffman down either. Either way, the district should represent well in the playoffs. Ya know we handled Liberty but they are a good team and not to be overlooked in the playoffs.

[quote name="paintballove" post="1080436" timestamp="1318395062"]
collecting a quote list with names,

the next day thread will be glorious, if it's a victory.  8)
[/quote]

And what if it's a loss. Will you post all of the quotes saying CS is going to lose.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder