Two Nederland starters suspended

AggiesAreWe

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here is that part of the article:

Nederland will be without two defensive starters for a[b] minimum of five more weeks[/b] as junior linebacker Korbin Stampley and senior cornerback Zach Taylor were suspended from all extracurricular activities per Nederland ISD policy for an incident last week. Neumann found out about the suspensions just before the Monday practice before the Vidor game. Junior Seth Barrow took over for Taylor at left cornerback while Brett Brown, who was returning from a concussion he suffered against West Orange-Stark, took Stampley’s place at linebacker. Brown had started at linebacker last season before switching to fullback and had 16 tackles against Vidor. Both players will still see time on offense, as Barrow was in the receiving rotation for the Bulldogs. [b]The exact length of the suspensions depend on each student following a set of steps set up by the school district…[/b]

I highlighted the part pertaining to length of suspension.

I think it's easy to read that the minimum length of the suspension is 5 weeks (1 week already served). The way I understand the last part is that after serving that 6 weeks, the suspension could be longer if the two students hasn't done the steps required by the school district.

Is that right?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1074417" timestamp="1317864195"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=88772.msg1074381#msg1074381 date=1317861548]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=88772.msg1074352#msg1074352 date=1317857117]
[quote author=RocketMan link=topic=88772.msg1074288#msg1074288 date=1317850462]
Wow can we let this go now.
[/quote]

Nope

I am still waiting on an answer and then I'll be through with it. ;) ;D
[/quote]

There is an appeal process. It seems like they appealed and can be reinsted during the appeal. If they lose the appeal they will have finish their punishment where they left off. My understanding appeals take 10 to 20 days. I am not in the know, it is something I heard and seems to make since. This is a right of all students no matter if they are athletes, band or regular students. Also someone mentioned that they are back beacuse they play football and it a big game. Well, there are some still not released they play football too.

I assume the others will follow now they know about it
[/quote]

An appeal process? Hmmmmm.... interesting. Never heard of that.
[/quote]

The said part about this is you have no dog in this.  Why dont you stick with stuff from Silsbee.  You folks have enough trouble out there with parties with cheerleaders.  Stones in glass house.

[quote name="RocketMan" post="1074434" timestamp="1317865255"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=88772.msg1074417#msg1074417 date=1317864195]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=88772.msg1074381#msg1074381 date=1317861548]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=88772.msg1074352#msg1074352 date=1317857117]
[quote author=RocketMan link=topic=88772.msg1074288#msg1074288 date=1317850462]
Wow can we let this go now.
[/quote]

Nope

I am still waiting on an answer and then I'll be through with it. ;) ;D
[/quote]

There is an appeal process. It seems like they appealed and can be reinsted during the appeal. If they lose the appeal they will have finish their punishment where they left off. My understanding appeals take 10 to 20 days. I am not in the know, it is something I heard and seems to make since. This is a right of all students no matter if they are athletes, band or regular students. Also someone mentioned that they are back beacuse they play football and it a big game. Well, there are some still not released they play football too.

I assume the others will follow now they know about it
[/quote]

An appeal process? Hmmmmm.... interesting. Never heard of that.
[/quote]

The said part about this is you have no dog in this.  Why dont you stick with stuff from Silsbee.  You folks have enough trouble out there with parties with cheerleaders.  Stones in glass house.
[/quote]

I am not throwing any stones here. I was just wondering why the suspension got cut short. Like I said, there could be a valid reason for it.

Shouldn't this be a time of celebration people? Its the rapture! 58SHW is the second coming of Christ. Apparently he's perfect and has never made a mistake. But seriously people, we are talking about a couple pf high school kids who used poor judgement. Every person on this planet has used poor judgement at least a time or two as a teenager. Its really sad that a couple of you are so consumed with some teenagers' lives that you just can't move on. Here's an idea, worry about your own life instead of some kids that you have no connection with. Appeal or no appeal, they made a mistake and paid a price. You don't get to decide when they've paid their dues. Get over yourself. You're making yourself look like a jackass.

[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=88772.msg1074443#msg1074443 date=1317865737]
Shouldn't this be a time of celebration people? Its the rapture! 58SHW is the second coming of Christ. Apparently he's perfect and has never made a mistake. But seriously people, we are talking about a couple pf high school kids who used poor judgement. Every person on this planet has used poor judgement at least a time or two as a teenager. Its really sad that a couple of you are so consumed with some teenagers' lives that you just can't move on. Here's an idea, worry about your own life instead of some kids that you have no connection with. Appeal or no appeal, they made a mistake and paid a price. You don't get to decide when they've paid their dues. Get over yourself. You're making yourself look like a jackass.

You know this thread had its purpose when it started but now this is just crazy

Hey Aggie,  why do you care if their punishment was cut in half???  It's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!!  You don't need an answer to that question.  Do you live in the
  Nederland district??  Do you pay taxes to NISD???  If you really need to know go to the administration building and ask.  I'm sure they will tell you everything you need to know about matters that are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

[quote name="Gtj007" post="1074464" timestamp="1317866838"]
Hey Aggie,  why do you care if their punishment was cut in half???  It's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!!  You don't need an answer to that question.  Do you live in the
  Nederland district??  Do you pay taxes to NISD???  If you really need to know go to the administration building and ask.  I'm sure they will tell you everything you need to know about matters that are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
[/quote]

Why are you hating on AGGIE?  Unless your child is involved, it doesn't concern you either.  Regardless, who cares that they get to play?  If time was served, then they should be reinstated.

[quote name="Gtj007" post="1074464" timestamp="1317866838"]
  Nederland district?? [b] Do you pay taxes to NISD??? [/b] If you really need to know go to the administration building and ask.  I'm sure they will tell you everything you need to know about matters that are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
[/quote]

Well, yes I do.

I thought someone would know and explain what was going on. Too many things contradicting.

Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

[quote name="bigdog" post="1074479" timestamp="1317868013"]
[quote]Hey neighbors , there a few on here that will keep this going as long as ya'll keep arguing.  May this thread rest in peace also.][/quote]
Yep.  Time to go bye-bye.
[/quote]

...But it's just now getting good!  Lol!  Okay, what if these guys were from another town, say Silsbee for instance...and they were caught "cow-tipping"...then what would we do to them???

Well the two players got re-instated and some of you hate it so badly that you just cannot let it go.  You heard this, you heard that, you assume this, but you really know nothing, you just heard it and that's good enough for you....I really hope if you guys or your kids every get a little bit sideways people don't judge you the way you are these kids. 64 was right missing the mcm game is like a season, they know they let their team down, the students, their parents, the town..they can't undo it, I'm sure they wish they could. What would really be nice if everyone would close out this thread..enough has been said.

I remember a similar instance happened in Ned a few years back. Not sure if that incident received this much pub. Look, kids make mistakes and are then subjugated to the required punishment.

If they are granted the appeal by going through the proper channels, then more power to them. And if you're a tax paying citizen of Nederland upset by the decision, then attend The school board meeting and have your voice heard.

Hopefully, these student-athletes have learned a valuable lesson and never put themselves or another in a similar situation again.

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="1074496" timestamp="1317870277"]
Well the two players got re-instated and some of you hate it so badly that you just cannot let it go.  You heard this, you heard that, you assume this, but you really know nothing, you just heard it and that's good enough for you....I really hope if you guys or your kids every get a little bit sideways people don't judge you the way you are these kids. 64 was right missing the mcm game is like a season, they know they let their team down, the students, their parents, the town..they can't undo it, I'm sure they wish they could. What would really be nice if everyone would close out this thread..enough has been said.
[/quote]

[quote author=The Godfather link=topic=88772.msg1074499#msg1074499 date=1317870338]
I remember a similar instance happened in Ned a few years back. Not sure if that incident received this much pub. Look, kids make mistakes and are then subjugated to the required punishment.

If they are granted the appeal by going through the proper channels, then more power to them. And if you're a tax paying citizen of Nederland upset by the decision, then attend The school board meeting and have your voice heard.

Hopefully, these student-athletes have learned a valuable lesson and never put themselves or another in a similar situation again.
[/quote]

THE END... (Except you didn't address cow-tipping)

[quote name="dawg-lover" post="1074383" timestamp="1317861842"]
I see...so [b]apparently some parents didn't agree with their child paying the consequences for what they did[/b]. To each their own I guess...
[/quote]

Sources say the ones released obtained attorneys. The others have not, at this time. Not to mention I was told "who" each kid is connected to (parents are employees etc), probably makes a bit of difference as well.

Just last year a female athlete in Ned was caught do something similar (alcohol related)....SHE was suspended the entire year....key word word SHE.

There are 2 types of attention (well 3 if you count none at all) Positive and Negative......make decision based on that, but dont complain about the type you receive AFTER the fact.

To one poster, I am not nor have I claimed to be the second coming....it just seems these days that ANYONE who insist on accountability is "holier than thou" ....not it at all. This whole country is going the heck in a hand basket because its always someone eles fault or they are just kids, etc.

Bottom line, I guess all of this is Bush's fault.

[quote name="58SHW" post="1074586" timestamp="1317901766"]
[quote author=dawg-lover link=topic=88772.msg1074383#msg1074383 date=1317861842]
I see...so [b]apparently some parents didn't agree with their child paying the consequences for what they did[/b]. To each their own I guess...
[/quote]

Sources say the ones released obtained attorneys. The others have not, at this time. Not to mention I was told "who" each kid is connected to (parents are employees etc), probably makes a bit of difference as well.

Just last year a female athlete in Ned was caught do something similar (alcohol related)....SHE was suspended the entire year....key word word SHE.

There are 2 types of attention (well 3 if you count none at all) Positive and Negative......make decision based on that, but dont complain about the type you receive AFTER the fact.

To one poster, I am not nor have I claimed to be the second coming....it just seems these days that ANYONE who insist on accountability is "holier than thou" ....not it at all. This whole country is going the heck in a hand basket because its always someone eles fault or they are just kids, etc.

[/quote]

Agreed! :)

[quote name="58SHW" post="1074586" timestamp="1317901766"]
[quote author=dawg-lover link=topic=88772.msg1074383#msg1074383 date=1317861842]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Until you know ALL the details then it is unfair for you to post innuendos claiming special treatment to the boys who were disciplined.  I have no hard facts nor will I ever; therefore, I can only say that if the punishment received is satisfactory to the district, the parents and the authorities, then I have to be good with that.  One thing I will not do is comment on what MAY or MAY NOT have happened.  I would also be wary of quoting so-called "sources" unless the source has first hand knowledge.  I also think accountability is paramount for ALL of us...so please hold yourself accountable to posting fact and not fiction.

P. S. Sources tell me that Bush disagrees with your point of view.

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1074688" timestamp="1317911018"]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=88772.msg1074586#msg1074586 date=1317901766]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Until you know ALL the details then it is unfair for you to post innuendos claiming special treatment to the boys who were disciplined.  I have no hard facts nor will I ever; therefore, I can only say that if the punishment received is satisfactory to the district, the parents and the authorities, then I have to be good with that.  One thing I will not do is comment on what MAY or MAY NOT have happened.  I would also be wary of quoting so-called "sources" unless the source has first hand knowledge.  I also think accountability is paramount for ALL of us...[b]so please hold yourself accountable to posting fact and not fiction.

P. S. Sources tell me that Bush disagrees with your point of view[/b].
[/quote]

Really don't care if Bush, You, or anyone else agrees or not, it's MY opinion. Besides, I didn't ask for his blessing, I blamed him. As some have accused EVERYTHING negative or that has failed in the last 3 years is his fault.

Show once where I posted fiction. I stated my info came from sources, unless you or others can negate my sources (in which I consider pretty reliable) order of events, then IMO they stand as the facts. Other than that, I've stated only MY opinions.

Now there could be more or less to all of this, but  I feel more than certain what I was told is true.