Two Nederland starters suspended

AggiesAreWe

[quote name="58SHW" post="1074198" timestamp="1317843566"]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=88772.msg1074189#msg1074189 date=1317843134]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=88772.msg1074180#msg1074180 date=1317842616]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=88772.msg1074175#msg1074175 date=1317842307]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=88772.msg1074171#msg1074171 date=1317842223]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=88772.msg1074164#msg1074164 date=1317841910]
If you think it doesnt happen in your neck of the woods....your wrong.  Suspended not suspended, in trouble for this one but not that one.....it happens everywhere.  [b]It doesnt matter[/b].  It happens now and will continue to happen.

Its life.  Get over it.  I have seen worse.  I am sure everyone else has seen worse.
[/quote]

I agree, (except with the the "it doesn't matter part") hence my comment "but its ok, because everyone else is doing it" AND, just because there are worse crimes (or mistakes) shouldnt mean we negate the lesser ones to meaningless all together.
[/quote]

Answer this, please...What do you think a fair punishment would be for the boys in Nederland who got into trouble?
[/quote]

For starters, equal to all involved (since it's being stated that it isnt)

second, being they either had alcohol (which is considered a drug) on campus or under the influence while on campus (and that it is against federal law to do so) Id expect at least a season suspension, not a game or two.
[/quote]

If some were not athletes, then what do you do to the non-athlete...since we're keeping it equal and everything?  Kinda blows your so-called "equal" punishment out of the water.
[/quote]

No it doesn't....depending on the severity of the offense. They either serve equal time in in school suspenion, or off campus suspension...PERIOD!

And, I looked up the FEDERAL LAW, and alcohol is listed as as drug as it pertains to the Drug-Free School Zone, which includes up to 1000' of any property utilized by the school.
[/quote]

But you said the athletes should be prohibited from participating in football for the rest of the season...Since we are being equal, why are you basing punishment periods on football season.  Sounds to me like someone here is a football hater more and more.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I did. And that probably came off wrong. I was basing that on a 6 week (original) punishment, in which the season would be over. Hence, the rest of the season.

And you are correct, I hate football as much as you like drunken kids on campus.....now who is sounding rediculus? ::)

[quote name="58SHW" post="1074212" timestamp="1317844265"]
Yes I did. And that probably came off wrong. I was basing that on a 6 week (original) punishment, in which the season would be over. Hence, the rest of the season.

And you are correct, I hate football as much as you like drunken kids on campus.....now who is sounding rediculus? ::)
[/quote]

You are still...

Who said (other than a message board and rumor mill) that the punishment was 6 weeks?  Do you know for a fact that all involved were in trouble to the same degree?  Is there a chance that some of what you are considering to be fact is merely heresay?

I think the kids were wrong.  I think they should be punished.  I think that crucifying them and all other athletes (as you appear to want per your postings) is wrong.

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1074225" timestamp="1317845050"]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=88772.msg1074212#msg1074212 date=1317844265]

[/quote]

You are still...

Who said (other than a message board and rumor mill) that the punishment was 6 weeks?  Do you know for a fact that all involved were in trouble to the same degree?  Is there a chance that some of what you are considering to be fact is merely heresay?

I think the kids were wrong.  I think they should be punished.  I think that crucifying them and all other athletes (as you appear to want per your postings) is wrong.
[/quote]

It was confirmed to me by people "in the know" that it was 30 day suspensions. School suspensions (at least from my personal knowledge) are counted by school days, do not include weekends.

In this case, this is well short of the "30" days. But, there could be a valid reason for the suspension being cut short.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1074230" timestamp="1317845372"]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=88772.msg1074225#msg1074225 date=1317845050]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=88772.msg1074212#msg1074212 date=1317844265]

[/quote]

You are still...

[/quote]

It was confirmed to me by people "in the know" that it was 30 day suspensions. School suspensions (at least from my personal knowledge) are counted by school days, do not include weekends.

In this case, this is well short of the "30" days. But, there could be a valid reason for the suspension being cut short.
[/quote]

Certainly possible, but then again, you are not out on a witch hunt for wayward athletes...

58SHW doesn't seem to realize that athletics are a positive influence in MANY young men and young ladies lives.

[quote name="baddog" post="1074239" timestamp="1317846785"]

Can we leave these kids alone now? 11 pages GEEEEEEZ, what busybodies. Worse than women
[/quote]

I agree.  My issue isn't with the kids, but with un intelligible posts...and just to stir the pot, "is there something wrong with women?" (OK ladies, this is your cue...lol).

AAW, in all honesty, this is a newsworthy story, you reported, it, everyone knows what happened, and the kids were punished. What else is there?

Once we start down the road to......"well I heard this happened", or "let's compare it to this", then hearsay and rumors start, which is totally unfair to the kids involved, and juvenile at best.

What was your question? I can't browse 11 pages to find it.

[quote name="baddog" post="1074365" timestamp="1317859896"]
AAW, in all honesty, this is a newsworthy story, you reported, it, everyone knows what happened, and the kids were punished. What else is there?

Once we start down the road to......"well I heard this happened", or "let's compare it to this", then hearsay and rumors start, which is totally unfair to the kids involved, and juvenile at best.

[/quote]

Why was their 30 day suspension cut in half?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1074352" timestamp="1317857117"]
[quote author=RocketMan link=topic=88772.msg1074288#msg1074288 date=1317850462]
Wow can we let this go now.
[/quote]

Nope

I am still waiting on an answer and then I'll be through with it. ;) ;D
[/quote]

There is an appeal process. It seems like they appealed and can be reinsted during the appeal. If they lose the appeal they will have finish their punishment where they left off. My understanding appeals take 10 to 20 days. I am not in the know, it is something I heard and seems to make since. This is a right of all students no matter if they are athletes, band or regular students. Also someone mentioned that they are back beacuse they play football and it a big game. Well, there are some still not released they play football too.

I assume the others will follow now they know about it

[quote name="dawg-lover" post="1074383" timestamp="1317861842"]
I see...so apparently some parents didn't agree with their child paying the consequences for what they did. To each their own I guess...
[/quote]

This is last time I will post on this thread.
Everyone wants to judge and not know the FACTS. There are many on this thread do not know. How do you know the kids did not already pay enough for what they did? How do you what the parents punishments were? You dont, so dont judge!

Im done

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1074381" timestamp="1317861548"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=88772.msg1074352#msg1074352 date=1317857117]
[quote author=RocketMan link=topic=88772.msg1074288#msg1074288 date=1317850462]
Wow can we let this go now.
[/quote]

Nope

I am still waiting on an answer and then I'll be through with it. ;) ;D
[/quote]

There is an appeal process. It seems like they appealed and can be reinsted during the appeal. If they lose the appeal they will have finish their punishment where they left off. My understanding appeals take 10 to 20 days. I am not in the know, it is something I heard and seems to make since. This is a right of all students no matter if they are athletes, band or regular students. Also someone mentioned that they are back beacuse they play football and it a big game. Well, there are some still not released they play football too.

I assume the others will follow now they know about it
[/quote]

An appeal process? Hmmmmm.... interesting. Never heard of that.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1074369" timestamp="1317860419"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=88772.msg1074365#msg1074365 date=1317859896]

[/quote]

Why was their 30 day suspension cut in half?
[/quote]

Go read this at PAN http://panews.com/sports/x914920443/Versatile-Carr-anchors-Dogs-defensive-front especially the part at the bottom that says "The exact length of the suspensions depend on each student following a set of steps set up by the school district…."