Two Nederland starters suspended

AggiesAreWe

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I remember reading that the exact punishment for the two Ned boys would be re-evaluated after additional information was gathered, and this was before the Vidor game.
obviously with their reinstatement that was done, I do not know or have knowledge of that information, and some of the Judges on this thread don't either.  Just a little info for 58shu
if  the guys reinstatement was because of our opponent, then it would have happened last week before we played PN G...that was a bigger game for the dogs than this week and if you
don't know that then you are truly clueless.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1074104" timestamp="1317837328"]
All I wanted to know was why the 30 day punishment was cut in half? Just curious, could be a valid reason.

I am not passing judgement on anyone that's involved.
[/quote]

There was a quote in the panews when it happened happened that stated the suspension was for six weeks if the players did nothing but the school district had given them a list of things that they had to do before they could be reinstated and when they were complete they would be allowed to return. Does anyone in their right mind think they would pick Livingston over PNG. If you think so then you are not from Nederland. If they have been released then they have completed the task assigned by the administration.

You believe the media? I have never heard of a punishment where they have a list of things to do in order to be reinstated. Normally you are given the punishment, you serve your time and then you are reinstated. I just find it to be a huge coincidence that only the 2 football players have been released early and the 3 others are still finishing out their punishment. What is that teaching the kids?

[quote name="dawg-lover" post="1074148" timestamp="1317840464"]
You believe the media? I have never heard of a punishment where they have a list of things to do in order to be reinstated. Normally you are given the punishment, you serve your time and then you are reinstated. I just find it to be a huge coincidence that only the 2 football players have been released early and the 3 others are still finishing out their punishment. What is that teaching the kids?
[/quote]

That "athletic kids will be athletic kids"...all others fall under "kids will be kids" and that it's ok....because everyone else is doing it, HS, NCAA (DI, DII, DIII, JuCo) NFL, MLB, NBA, badmitten, etc

[quote name="58SHW" post="1074150" timestamp="1317840824"]
[quote author=dawg-lover link=topic=88772.msg1074148#msg1074148 date=1317840464]
[/quote]

That "athletic kids will be athletic kids"...all others fall under "kids will be kids" and that it's ok....because everyone else is doing it, HS, NCAA (DI, DII, DIII, JuCo) NFL, MLB, NBA, badmitten, etc
[/quote]

Look folks, another comment that makes no sense!

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="1074139" timestamp="1317839727"]
I think I remember reading that the exact punishment for the two Ned boys would be re-evaluated after additional information was gathered, and this was before the Vidor game.
obviously with their reinstatement that was done, I do not know or have knowledge of that information, and some of the Judges on this thread don't either.  Just a little info for 58shu
if  the guys reinstatement was because of our opponent, then it would have happened last week before we played PN G...that was a bigger game for the dogs than this week [size=18pt][u][b]and if you
don't know that then you are truly clueless[/b][/u][/size].
[/quote]

58SHU is TRULY clueless!

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1074152" timestamp="1317841069"]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=88772.msg1074150#msg1074150 date=1317840824]
[quote author=dawg-lover link=topic=88772.msg1074148#msg1074148 date=1317840464]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Look folks, another comment that makes no sense!
[/quote]

Do people have to spell things out for you all the time. I guessing whether I'm agreed with or not most of the other readers understand EXACTLY what I'm saying.

[quote name="dawg-lover" post="1074158" timestamp="1317841334"]
Isn't that the truth?! lol But, all of these kids are athletes. Just not "football players".
[/quote]

Ah look, here is one that understands!

Maybe so, and if we were in THAT season, then they would be getting released.

If you think it doesnt happen in your neck of the woods....your wrong.  Suspended not suspended, in trouble for this one but not that one.....it happens everywhere.  It doesnt matter.  It happens now and will continue to happen.

Its life.  Get over it.  I have seen worse.  I am sure everyone else has seen worse.

[quote name="58SHW" post="1074163" timestamp="1317841779"]
[quote author=dawg-lover link=topic=88772.msg1074158#msg1074158 date=1317841334]
Isn't that the truth?! lol But, all of these kids are athletes. Just not "football players".
[/quote]

Ah look, here is one that understands!

Maybe so, and if we were in THAT season, then they would be getting released.
[/quote]

So much for being "OUT"... I bid you a good day and the hope for a better (and more intelligent) tomorrow.

[quote name="dawg-lover" post="1074148" timestamp="1317840464"]
[/quote]

Our world is full of such, ever heard about probation...serve your time and it comes off your record. Not only are you reinstated but your record is clean. How about this one a friend of mine damaged a house that was not being lived in, he was on probation until he made full restitution to the home owner. This happens more times than we think.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1074164" timestamp="1317841910"]
If you think it doesnt happen in your neck of the woods....your wrong.  Suspended not suspended, in trouble for this one but not that one.....it happens everywhere.  [b]It doesnt matter[/b].  It happens now and will continue to happen.

Its life.  Get over it.  I have seen worse.  I am sure everyone else has seen worse.
[/quote]

I agree, (except with the the "it doesn't matter part") hence my comment "but its ok, because everyone else is doing it" AND, just because there are worse crimes (or mistakes) shouldnt mean we negate the lesser ones to meaningless all together.

[quote name="58SHW" post="1074171" timestamp="1317842223"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=88772.msg1074164#msg1074164 date=1317841910]
If you think it doesnt happen in your neck of the woods....your wrong.  Suspended not suspended, in trouble for this one but not that one.....it happens everywhere.  [b]It doesnt matter[/b].  It happens now and will continue to happen.

[/quote]

I agree, (except with the the "it doesn't matter part") hence my comment "but its ok, because everyone else is doing it" AND, just because there are worse crimes (or mistakes) shouldnt mean we negate the lesser ones to meaningless all together.
[/quote]

Answer this, please...What do you think a fair punishment would be for the boys in Nederland who got into trouble?

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1074175" timestamp="1317842307"]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=88772.msg1074171#msg1074171 date=1317842223]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=88772.msg1074164#msg1074164 date=1317841910]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Answer this, please...What do you think a fair punishment would be for the boys in Nederland who got into trouble?
[/quote]

For starters, equal to all involved (since it's being stated that it isnt)

second, being they either had alcohol (which is considered a drug) on campus or under the influence while on campus (and that it is against federal law to do so) Id expect at least a season suspension, not a game or two.

[quote name="58SHW" post="1074180" timestamp="1317842616"]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=88772.msg1074175#msg1074175 date=1317842307]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

second, being they either had alcohol (which is considered a drug) on campus or under the influence while on campus (and that it is against federal law to do so) Id expect at least a season suspension, not a game or two.
[/quote]

If some were not athletes, then what do you do to the non-athlete...since we're keeping it equal and everything?  Kinda blows your so-called "equal" punishment out of the water.

They should at least follow the school guidelines for all involved. If it states that it is a 6 week suspension for an alcohol/drug related offense then that is what they should carry out. These kids did break the law and a 6 week suspension should be the least that they should do. Missing a game or two is not teaching them a thing. Especially considering that the others are at this time carrying out the punishment that they received. When you are in extracurricular activities it is a privilege. Therefore, you have a commitment to set a good example. If the others weren't in athletics then they should get their school punishment and the others that participate in other activities should face the school consequences and the consequences from whatever organization they are involved in.

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1074189" timestamp="1317843134"]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=88772.msg1074180#msg1074180 date=1317842616]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=88772.msg1074175#msg1074175 date=1317842307]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If some were not athletes, then what do you do to the non-athlete...since we're keeping it equal and everything?  Kinda blows your so-called "equal" punishment out of the water.
[/quote]

No it doesn't....depending on the severity of the offense. They either serve equal time in in school suspenion, or off campus suspension...PERIOD!

And, I looked up the FEDERAL LAW, and alcohol is listed as as drug as it pertains to the Drug-Free School Zone, which includes up to 1000' of any property utilized by the school.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1074194" timestamp="1317843394"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=88772.msg1074190#msg1074190 date=1317843153]
Federal law about having alcohol on campus?
[/quote]

Is it state or federal law that prohibits alcohol on school premises?
[/quote]

I have never heard of any federal law prohibiting alcohol on school campuses. There is a federal law of "illegal" drugs on campus and although alcohol can be classified as a drug (also a pharmaceutical or food), it is not illegal.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1074199" timestamp="1317843571"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=88772.msg1074194#msg1074194 date=1317843394]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=88772.msg1074190#msg1074190 date=1317843153]
Federal law about having alcohol on campus?
[/quote]

Is it state or federal law that prohibits alcohol on school premises?
[/quote]

I have never heard of any federal law prohibiting alcohol on school campuses. There is a federal law of "illegal" drugs on campus and although alcohol can be classified as a drug (also a pharmaceutical or food), it is not illegal.
[/quote]

I'll confess to this. The Drug Free School Zone is a federal law. When I looked it up, alcohol was listed on wikipedia. If that isnt the case, I'm sure there are at least STATE rules that apply.

I'm not saying issue these kid the hammer and report them to the Feds or even state athorities....but they should get equal for all, and more than 2 weeks.