Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. Lumberton Game Thread/LCM wins!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="BearBB2001" post="1065112" timestamp="1316886073"]
There is no use in sugar coating anything, Lumberton whipped our tails last night.
[/quote]
That's an awesome comment BearBB2001...shame is the score didn't show that.  Y'all have a very good QB #7 & RB #21...#44 looked good too!  #12 on "D" must have has 15 tackles.  Good luck in district.

Team Stats
                              LC-M    Lumberton
Total yards              261        486
First downs              10          27
Rushes/Yds          26/242    60/376
Average rush          9.31        6.27
Comp/Atts            2/8/1    6/12/2
Pass yards                19          110
Comp pct                25          50
Punts                        3            2
Punting Yards          135        45
Punting Average        45        22.5
Fumbles/Lost          0/0        1/0
Penalties-yards        3-35      6-30

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is we have to many people in this town like Boram who dont have a clue whats going on and make stupid comments calling for good coaches jobs. Does they realize Lumberton is one of the smallest 4A schools in the state and also one of the losest paying schools in the state. Be happy u have the group u have now bc if u lose them its gonna be tough to attract anyone close to these guys level

I also was at the game. Lumberton won the stats battle because they held on to the ball. They play grind it out and play it well. Stats are open to interpretation. LCM averaged over 9 yards a carry on the ground, not so shabby and dropped a long pass that could/should have been a score. They did have a few offensive mistakes in the second half, but the style of offense the two teams play has a lot to do with the outcome also. It is hard for an offense to run 10+ plays in a row without a mistake or penalty to score. Lumberton coaches and players did do a great job, but it really wasn't as one-sided as the stats reader thinks it was.

[quote name="WTB" post="1065313" timestamp="1316902111"]
Problem is we have to many people in this town like Boram who dont have a clue whats going on and make stupid comments calling for good coaches jobs. Does they realize Lumberton is one of the smallest 4A schools in the state and also one of the losest paying schools in the state. Be happy u have the group u have now bc if u lose them its gonna be tough to attract anyone close to these guys level
[/quote]

First off....I can form my own opinion and at times the Raiders play calling is suspect! The decision making also can be suspect.
So are you saying that since some people feel the same way I do is why Lumberton hasn't won a game yet this season?!? Get over yourself. Ever since Lumberton has been in 4A they were always at the bottom on the enrollment list, just like when they won the 2 District Crowns...so what's your point? And if it was about the pay then Im sure Coach C would be somewhere else...but truth is he wants to be in Lumberton.

Heres my point Boram. what makes u the guy to make those decisions? I can tell you why the guys who are the HC, OC and DC make the decisions they do. I knew some Boram's back when I played and not a one touched a football field thats for sure. Your the one saying clean house on a group who has been the most succuessful in Lumberton history and also whos gonna replace them??? you? explain your system? your knowledge? and tell me all about yourself? were you the guy who mouthed off to Babin's wife? if so your classless. I've played in highschool, college and coached at both levels and can tell you that this staff is putting our players in the best position to win games. But hey if you wanna meet the OC face to face let me know and ill introduce you so can share all the knowledge in that melon of yours. I look forward to it.... really

Sounds like your taking to heart what I post and got your feelings hurt. Is it possible that maybe your a coach on this staff and afraid to get in line at the unemployment office?
No matter what people do for a living, if they set a standard of top work (winning in this case) and then suddenly there is a decline in performance then what would you expect the outcome to be? And i would love nothing more than to be invloved in coaching these kids but since i didnt "touch a football field" in high school im sure im not qualified right? The coach i had in HS couldnt get a W if it was givin to him, records show that so why bother playing.
Truth is you have no clue what I know about football! So since your head is so far twisted about losing this game to LCM, how bout you get your gameplan ready for this week and go take your anger out on vidor and humiliate them to make up for the Raiders poor 0-4 start. They are better than that! So open up your playbook and get busy coach!

WTB it wasn't him that had the conversation with your wife it was ME!! I was talking to someone else and your wife wanted to come mouth off because she didnt like the comment I made!! To give you a little background information on myself I was playing Football since before you were born. If you want to further this talk hit me up on the PM!!
  As for the game against LCM the Lumberton kids played their hearts out! They were playing Iron man football with many kids going both ways and the small Raider team looked to wear down the much bigger LCM squad!!! The Lumberton players deserve credit for fighting until the end!!  Thumbs up to the players!!

Okay, boys and girls...time to make nice nice again.  It's great to be empassioned about something...but y'all are carrying this crap too far.  These coaches are guys with jobs who must perform...but sometimes you need the right tools to perform your job.  Nobody is standing in line to run off any teachers when kids fail a test or when TACS scores drop.  Sometimes the kids are just not as smart!  Or, maybe their home life is just not conducive to learning!  These coaches may not be the best at their craft, but possibly they may need some updated tools.  I am about to commit blasphemy, but we are talking about high school football, not a life -saving cancer cure.  Relax fellas...it's all gonna be ok.  If he loses 3 more seasons in a row, then start asking for his head.  Until then, give the only coach in school history to win district a break.

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1065865" timestamp="1316969277"]
Okay, boys and girls...time to make nice nice again.  It's great to be empassioned about something...but y'all are carrying this crap too far.  These coaches are guys with jobs who must perform...but sometimes you need the right tools to perform your job.  Nobody is standing in line to run off any teachers when kids fail a test or when TACS scores drop.  Sometimes the kids are just not as smart!  Or, maybe their home life is just not conducive to learning!  These coaches may not be the best at their craft, but possibly they may need some updated tools.  I am about to commit blasphemy, but we are talking about high school football, not a life -saving cancer cure.  Relax fellas...it's all gonna be ok.  If he loses 3 more seasons in a row, then start asking for his head.  Until then, give the only coach in school history to win district a break.
[/quote] ;) ;)

[quote name="Raider88" post="1066063" timestamp="1316984535"]
Well that's your opinion WTB! RIGHT? Well other people have their own opinions! The only thing that matters is that W column though!!
[/quote]

I want the Raiders to win as much as anyone else...believe me!...But the W is not the only thing that matters. Leadership, teamwork, guts and a lot of heart are just as important as the win.  The current staff has taught many of those boys these life skills.  I'm guessing by your name you are somewhere in your early 40's.  I hope your kids (if you have any) learn those traits are just as important.  Winning is supreme, but it's not the ONLY thing that matters.  The kids ARE the only thing that matters.

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1066190" timestamp="1316993694"]
[quote author=Raider88 link=topic=88744.msg1066063#msg1066063 date=1316984535]
Well that's your opinion WTB! RIGHT? Well other people have their own opinions! The only thing that matters is that W column though!!
[/quote]

I want the Raiders to win as much as anyone else...believe me!...But the W is not the only thing that matters. Leadership, teamwork, guts and a lot of heart are just as important as the win.  The current staff has taught many of those boys these life skills.  I'm guessing by your name you are somewhere in your early 40's.  I hope your kids (if you have any) learn those traits are just as important.  Winning is supreme, but it's not the ONLY thing that matters.  The kids ARE the only thing that matters.
[/quote]

GREAT Post.......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges