PN-G ---Texas City predictions

TC lost to Dickinson 28-14.  Looks like they had trouble stopping the run.  Dickinson only passed 5 times. Should be an interesting match-up if PN-G can mix it up on offense. 

Hopefully - the Indians can pull off a win at their home opener for 2011. 

We need to improve on the defense . I still think the defense looks better than it did at this point last year , so I'm still confident we will be ok. It just may take a little while to iron it out. Hopefully quicker than last year (about 3 games into district). In our district this year , three weeks into district will be too late. I'm not sure what TC has this year so i'm not making a prediction . Hopefully we will see improvement. Looking forward to the first home game. Scalp em!!!

Not sold on the tribe this season yet. I feel like they shouldve taken Crosby to the woodshed. Didn't see either of the first two games but listened to some of both, and not sure what happened in the second half last week but that was lots of scoring. I know the NDNs can put up some points, but have they played a 7 or 8 win opponent yet? My bet would be no. I am gonna go with Texas City by 6...

TC - 27
PNG - 21

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1049706" timestamp="1315190456"]
PNG          31
Texas City 28
[/quote]
I dont understand PNG Defensive philosify. First we never Blitz, we dont even get in a Goaline Defense when our opponent has the ball inside the 10 yardline about to score. Its plain old sit back and let the other team run the ball down your throat Defense. Our DC needs to be more aggressive take some chances and get our Defense off the field quicker in the up coming games. And can anyone explain why we didnt go for the 2 pt conversion when the score was 28 to 23 ?

[quote name="Half Indian/Wildcat" post="1049734" timestamp="1315192096"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=87707.msg1049706#msg1049706 date=1315190456]
PNG          31
Texas City 28
[/quote]
I dont understand PNG Defensive philosify. First we never Blitz, we dont even get in a Goaline Defense when our opponent has the ball inside the 10 yardline about to score. Its plain old sit back and let the other team run the ball down your throat Defense. Our DC needs to be more aggressive take some chances and get our Defense off the field quicker in the up coming games. And can anyone explain why we didnt go for the 2 pt conversion when the score was 28 to 23 ?
[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing and while most agree with us, I've heard 2 PNG fans say that we are wrong and the coaches were right.  Still don't get it, but whatever, it's not my team that got the loss.  I do think the Indians rebound this week, but the play calling must improve.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1049547" timestamp="1315182145"]
Not sold on the tribe this season yet. I feel like they shouldve taken Crosby to the woodshed. Didn't see either of the first two games but listened to some of both, and not sure what happened in the second half last week but that was lots of scoring. I know the NDNs can put up some points, but have they played a 7 or 8 win opponent yet? My bet would be no. I am gonna go with Texas City by 6...

TC - 27
PNG - 21
[/quote]
Year in and year out Gregory Portland is a playoff team. This year they are weak , very weak. As far as Crosby , nobody on this site was giving them much of a chance. But after the game, the PNG posters on this site wanted to give credit where credit is due. I believe Crosby will make the playoffs this year just as they do most of the time. You may not believe they are any good , I didn't last year and they knocked Nederland out of the playoffs and played two more weeks. But only time will tell.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="1049847" timestamp="1315235159"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=87707.msg1049547#msg1049547 date=1315182145]

TC - 27
PNG - 21
[/quote]
Year in and year out Gregory Portland is a playoff team. This year they are weak , very weak. As far as Crosby , nobody on this site was giving them much of a chance. But after the game, the PNG posters on this site wanted to give credit where credit is due. I believe Crosby will make the playoffs this year just as they do most of the time. You may not believe they are any good , I didn't last year and they knocked Nederland out of the playoffs and played two more weeks. But only time will tell.
[/quote]

They didn't play 2 more weeks after beating Nederland.  They lost to Montgomery the very next round.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1049851" timestamp="1315235668"]
[quote author=pngfan1 link=topic=87707.msg1049847#msg1049847 date=1315235159]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=87707.msg1049547#msg1049547 date=1315182145]

TC - 27
PNG - 21
[/quote]
[/quote]

They didn't play 2 more weeks after beating Nederland.  They lost to Montgomery the very next round.
[/quote]
You're correct . It was the year before that when they beat Nederland in the playoffs then beat Montgomary before losing to Pearland Dawson.They only played one game after beating Nederland last year and two the year before.

No doubt Crosby has some talent. They were definitely better than us the two previous years. Our defense wss terrible those two years, last in district I believe. The reasoning behind my expectations for PNG to beat them wasn't because I thought Crosby was super weak, it was because of all the hype surrounding this PNG squad. The first week dominance against GP seemed to solidify that sentiment for me, however I didn't realize that GP was so weak this season. I hope PNG shows me something this week and takes it to TC..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1049940" timestamp="1315248100"]
No doubt Crosby has some talent. They were definitely better than us the two previous years. Our defense wss terrible those two years, last in district I believe. The reasoning behind my expectations for PNG to beat them wasn't because I thought Crosby was super weak, it was because of all the hype surrounding this PNG squad. The first week dominance against GP seemed to solidify that sentiment for me, however I didn't realize that GP was so weak this season. I hope PNG shows me something this week and takes it to TC..
[/quote]

And let me see. The refs gave Nederland the win versus WOS, then Big Ned beat a VERY week Goose Creek team. I can see where you guys think your unbeatable.

i know the coaches at png...we are not going to show nothing but basic simple defense and offense until district comes around...we arent gunna show every thing we got to simply win a game that means nothing...port neches will bounce back and win a close game with TC...PNG wins 35-21

[quote name="Half Indian/Wildcat" post="1049734" timestamp="1315192096"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=87707.msg1049706#msg1049706 date=1315190456]
PNG          31
Texas City 28
[/quote]
[/quote]
Maybe your username should be "half indian/coach" since you know so much about what the PNG coaches should be doing. They're the ones that watch film, game plan, practice with the kids, etc. Let them do their job and shut your mouth.

[quote name="Itiswhatitis" post="1050057" timestamp="1315262196"]
[quote author=Half Indian/Wildcat link=topic=87707.msg1049734#msg1049734 date=1315192096]
PNG          31
Texas City 28
[/quote]
[/quote]
Maybe your username should be "half indian/coach" since you know so much about what the PNG coaches should be doing. They're the ones that watch film, game plan, practice with the kids, etc. Let them do their job and shut your mouth.
[/quote]
AMEN!!!! They haven't let us down yet since they got here. Wouldn't trade them for any others.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86